WHsoulmates

hi there , we r new in here :-)

41 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

hi everyone,how r u doing i hope everything is going smoothly for u all, im new in here actualy this is my first message,so let me present myself im houssem from tunisia and me and my sweet lovely angel (wendi) will be using this site to get better informations about the whole process of a K3 visa and we r really counting on u to help us through it all,we were really happy the moment we discovered this site which is giving us the oportunity to discuss everything with people who r living the same situation. :yes:

well we know each other for about 5months now and if i had to use just one word to discribe our relationship i would say "amazing" , i can write a book about it ;) we talk daily for at least ( and i say at least) 6hours and sometimes it goes up to 16 during weekends we decided to get married next april (L) and since now we r trying to get organized and ready for that complicated procedure and we really need ur help so if u can guide us or advise us we will be really greatful, we hav some questions that we will be pleased if u accepted to answer some of them to enlight us :

1- do u think in our case( we know each other only for 5months (up to now) and we never met physicly ) that the K3 visa is the best choice?

2-how long does it take ( tunisia ,Texas USCIS Service Center)

3-do we really need to hire an immigration lawer for all this procedure ( the last one we call said he will charge us 1500$+800governement fees and that it will take 6months )?

4- we wonder if there is any tips to process it faster ( use express mail .............)

5-well i hav a small issue that i wondered about the fact that the adress im living in is different from my postal adress so which adress shall i use to fill the forms can i state them both with a P.S saying that if they need to send me anything through mail they should use the second adress, and wt if i used the services of a po box in a poste office near my first adress would it be better??????? would they send me ( the us citzen spouse) anything through mail ???

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hi everyone,how r u doing i hope everything is going smoothly for u all, im new in here actualy this is my first message,so let me present myself im houssem from tunisia and me and my sweet lovely angel (wendi) will be using this site to get better informations about the whole process of a K3 visa and we r really counting on u to help us through it all,we were really happy the moment we discovered this site which is giving us the oportunity to discuss everything with people who r living the same situation. :yes:

well we know each other for about 5months now and if i had to use just one word to discribe our relationship i would say "amazing" , i can write a book about it ;) we talk daily for at least ( and i say at least) 6hours and sometimes it goes up to 16 during weekends we decided to get married next april (L) and since now we r trying to get organized and ready for that complicated procedure and we really need ur help so if u can guide us or advise us we will be really greatful, we hav some questions that we will be pleased if u accepted to answer some of them to enlight us :

1- do u think in our case( we know each other only for 5months (up to now) and we never met physicly ) that the K3 visa is the best choice?

2-how long does it take ( tunisia ,Texas USCIS Service Center)

3-do we really need to hire an immigration lawer for all this procedure ( the last one we call said he will charge us 1500$+800governement fees and that it will take 6months )?

4- we wonder if there is any tips to process it faster ( use express mail .............)

5-well i hav a small issue that i wondered about the fact that the adress im living in is different from my postal adress so which adress shall i use to fill the forms can i state them both with a P.S saying that if they need to send me anything through mail they should use the second adress, and wt if i used the services of a po box in a poste office near my first adress would it be better??????? would they send me ( the us citzen spouse) anything through mail ???

Firstly...

Some advise...

Meeting someone over the internet is one thing...face to face is quite another. What would it take for you to meet this girl in person? What ever the answer, it would be a most worth while investment, and doing so will not nescessarily delay your case...she could always come over on a K-1 fiance visa if things go well after you have met.

1- do u think in our case( we know each other only for 5months (up to now) and we never met physicly ) that the K3 visa is the best choice?to quailify for a K-3 visa you must be married a k-1 visa is to bring a fiancee to the US but you must have met in person

2-how long does it take ( tunisia ,Texas USCIS Service Center) It really varies, but you can start with the idea that it be take 6-8 months at best.

3-do we really need to hire an immigration lawer for all this procedure ( the last one we call said he will charge us 1500$+800governement fees and that it will take 6months )? we found that by reading the guides and posts here on VJ we have been able to get thru the process fine on our own, our case was not complex.

4- we wonder if there is any tips to process it faster ( use express mail .............)Yes, express mail may shave a day or two off the processing time, military expidites are possible if you are in service. If you are very thorough in your reading here and follow all the instructions you can avoid making mistakes that could delay your case. What ever you decide to do I suggest sending your petition registered/return receipt so that you know it was delivered, because getting a notice from USCIS that they received you case can take upto 90 days.

5-well i have a small issue that i wondered about the fact that the adress im living in is different from my postal adress so which adress shall i use to fill the forms can i state them both with a P.S saying that if they need to send me anything through mail they should use the second adress, and wt if i used the services of a po box in a poste office near my first adress would it be better??????? would they send me ( the us citzen spouse) anything through mail ???

Yes, you will be getting IMPORTANT mail from USCIS so I suggest that you use your mailing address, there is another section on the forms that asks for your residences over the past 5 years, you can tell them where you are actually living in that section.

Again....

Meeting someone over the internet is one thing...face to face is quite another. What would it take for you to meet this girl in person? What ever the answer, it would be a most worth while investment.

07/16/07 posted I-129f

07/20/07 confirmed delivered by US Postal Service

8/23/07 No NOA1 !!!!

8/23/07 phoned USCIS (told they can't help until after 90 days)

8/23/07 contacted bank to get copy of Cx check...illegable...noc WAC#

tried for weeks to get actual check....not possible, had to wait the 90 days for info from USCIS

10/17/07 Phoned USCIS, got thru (!), got WAC number and NOA1 date!!!!

07/26/07 NOA1 (never recieved hard copy, was promised a copy would be sent)

11/01/07 Ordered copy of "long form" UK B.C.

11/05/07 Recieved B.C. (Wish USCIS was that fast!)

11/09/07 Submitted request for UK police records

12/04/07 APPROVED By USCIS NOA2 letter sent (or so they claim)

12/15/07 Police certificate recieved

12/28/07 Called NVC, not in system

01/04/08 petition forwarded to London

01/12/08 packet 3 received *rubs eye in disbelief* Speed and efficiency, can it be?

01/18/08 HARD COPY OF NOA2 ARRIVED...seems the snail made a wrong turn somewhere.

01/28/08 Returned packet 3 to London Embassy

02/12/08 Medical completed...no problem.

02/13/08 Packet 4 received from London Embassy

03/03/08 Embassy Interview

03/06/08 Visa Arrived....Lovely to finally see it even if it is a bit drab...after 8 month you think they'd have sprung for some gold foil or at least a COLOR photo?

TODAY...he's here! He's in the US! Hurrah!

Timeline

hi, thank u for replying to my message, well i know wt u r talking about when u that "Meeting someone over the internet is one thing...face to face is quite another" i hav been there before but not in this particular situation,many friends i had over the net visited me and i saw them and it was different cz there was nothing special about our rlationship, but when i talk about me and W it is something that u feel deep inside that u cant explain i swear to u since we started chatting we both felt like we know each other for years we r totally addicted to each other, it is just amazing for 100s of times we typed the same message at the same time, when u feel ur lover even he isnt next to u

and im talking about physicly feeling him, i dont know if i can explain it, it is so deep so sweet, when u spend hours and hours talking about details that even 10years married couple wont bother to talk about, when we share our dreams and wishs , when we dream about each other

i can see her all over me, i feel her, i truely deeply and madly love her, she gave a sense to my existence, she is my reason and my purpose, she is breathing life in me again, fixing my wounded heart

we r thinking about bringing her here to live with me, she is so affraid of the changes she , and i know it will be hard but we had no chance through this procedure she will come over here to leave with me,

if u just know wt we hav been through these last few months how bonded we r how strong and determinated, how deep r the thoughs we share u will understand, we complite each other in the most wonderful way, as we always say we just feel that we r one, by this time she is sleeping and i know for sure she is dreaming about me cz i cant and i dont want to get here out of my mind she is the one i choose and i sweared to be faithful to her wtever happened " with her i will live the rest of my days and between her arms i will die"

we recently gave up smoking both of us at the same day at the same min we just decided that our children dont deserve to be raised with that around and we did it

i hav easily convinced her to stop drinking at all (since she is a diabet)

do u believe that we work out together cam to cam and that she lost 15pounds until now

well im so happy extremly glad and lucky we found each other and i pray to god to make all this easier on us

take care and good luck thanks again for ur care :-)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
hi, thank u for replying to my message, well i know wt u r talking about when u that "Meeting someone over the internet is one thing...face to face is quite another" i hav been there before but not in this particular situation,many friends i had over the net visited me and i saw them and it was different cz there was nothing special about our rlationship, but when i talk about me and W it is something that u feel deep inside that u cant explain i swear to u since we started chatting we both felt like we know each other for years we r totally addicted to each other, it is just amazing for 100s of times we typed the same message at the same time, when u feel ur lover even he isnt next to u

and im talking about physicly feeling him, i dont know if i can explain it, it is so deep so sweet, when u spend hours and hours talking about details that even 10years married couple wont bother to talk about, when we share our dreams and wishs , when we dream about each other

i can see her all over me, i feel her, i truely deeply and madly love her, she gave a sense to my existence, she is my reason and my purpose, she is breathing life in me again, fixing my wounded heart

we r thinking about bringing her here to live with me, she is so affraid of the changes she , and i know it will be hard but we had no chance through this procedure she will come over here to leave with me,

if u just know wt we hav been through these last few months how bonded we r how strong and determinated, how deep r the thoughs we share u will understand, we complite each other in the most wonderful way, as we always say we just feel that we r one, by this time she is sleeping and i know for sure she is dreaming about me cz i cant and i dont want to get here out of my mind she is the one i choose and i sweared to be faithful to her wtever happened " with her i will live the rest of my days and between her arms i will die"

we recently gave up smoking both of us at the same day at the same min we just decided that our children dont deserve to be raised with that around and we did it

i hav easily convinced her to stop drinking at all (since she is a diabet)

do u believe that we work out together cam to cam and that she lost 15pounds until now

well im so happy extremly glad and lucky we found each other and i pray to god to make all this easier on us

take care and good luck thanks again for ur care :-)

So you're *not* going to be applying for a visa? I don't understand.

And how many and what type of friends came to visit you? Other American women? If the consulate finds out about that, it's probably not going to look very good. Although as far as I know, Tunisia is not tough like Morocco.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Welcome to VJ. I hope you find the information and support you are seeking. As to a lawyer, unless your case is difficult, you should be able to do everything yourself just by reading the instructions on each form. It is actually very easy. We chatted for 16 months before finally meeting. I'm sure you are looking forward to April. My husband and I went through the K-1, Fiance Visa, process and it took us less than 6 months from submitting the petition to visa in hand. Good Luck!

Doreen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SupportingMoroccanLove/

6/14/03 Met Online

9/30/2003 He was denied a Tourist Visa

1/7/2004 Sent 1-129F-tried to prove hardship; many reasons

8/8/2004 Petition denied

After 214 Days of waiting

10/11/2004 Returned from Morocco even more in love.

11/15/2004 Mailed I-129F off to Nebraska

2/11/05 APPROVAL

2/14/05 EMAIL, OUR PETITION HAS BEEN APPROVED

86 Days what an awesome feeling

2/25/05 Email received from nvc, given case number

3/21/05 Email from consulate

b]INTERVIEW DATE 5/10/05[/b]

3/31/05 Fiance finally receives his packet from the consulate

4/12/05 He had medical exam

5/10/05 INTERVIEW WAS A SUCCESS

5/18/05 VISA IN HAND

Took 214 Days for a denial, but IN 205 days He will be HOME

6/10/05 Abdou arrives in America, what a happy day!

6/13/05 Applied for SSN

6/23/05 6 p.m. We were MARRIED; honeymoon in Gatlinburg

8/13/05 AOS and EAD paperwork mailed

8/25/05 NOAs in the mail!!! Yea!

11/25/05 - BIOMETRIC DATE

01/26/06 - AOS SUCCESSFUL INTERVIEW AND HE GETS HIS FIRST JOB AT FIRST JOB INTERVIEW

02/13/06 - GREEN CARD ARRIVED

4/22/06 - Driver's License!!

11/05/2007 Filed to Lift conditions[/color]

11/07/07 - NOA1 received

12/21/07 - Biometrics completed

04/08/08 - 10 YEAR CARD APPROVED

04/14/08 - CARD IN HAND !!!!!

11/3/08 - Filed for Citizenship

11/29/08 - Biometric Appointment

02/03/09 - Citizenship Interview, HE PASSED

Timeline

hi there, well i guess u got me wrong :-) when i said that i met friends they were simply friends nothing more i was just trying to explain the experience of meeting someone u just knew through thenet but i ensure u that this love relationship between me and W is so sincere and honnest, the first rule we set is to always be honnest and open with each other and we communicate in the greatest way we never keep things build up inside we talk about everything , we share it all even the most intimate thoughts cz we mean wt we say we r one and by god help we will be forever as one.

PS i didnt met any women american or not :-)

Edited by WHsoulmates

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

There's a lot of useful information on this site, and I'm sure you can handle the paperwork yourselves. Unless there's some problem, then you should seek assistance from a lawyer.

Welcome to VJ,

Ayesha (F)

eg-flag1-ss.gifAkramheartbeat.gifAyeshapr-flag1-ss.gif

th_CIMG0624.jpg

Timeline

hi Doreen, im really glad i read ur replay :-) so releaving and relaxing, well as i hav been told by many the procedure is faster here in Tunisia comparing to the rest of north african countries and i wish it will be true in my case:-)

thanks a million time for ur sweet sincere words and i wish u all the luck and i hope one day we will all meet either in the US, MOROCCO or even here in TUnisia

take care

talk to u soon

Filed: Timeline
hi Doreen, im really glad i read ur replay :-) so releaving and relaxing, well as i hav been told by many the procedure is faster here in Tunisia comparing to the rest of north african countries and i wish it will be true in my case:-)

thanks a million time for ur sweet sincere words and i wish u all the luck and i hope one day we will all meet either in the US, MOROCCO or even here in TUnisia

take care

talk to u soon

you need to carefully document your relationship.....I personally would recommend a k1 because I was married in Tunisia last May and as you can tell from my timeline, I am not even out of NVC or even close to being out. I am looking at a year I thin when all things are said and done and there are people who did k1s AFTER ME who are already together.

I DO NOT recommend doing a k3 or cr1 out of tunisia. I personally know several denials out of Tunisia for k3s and a cr1 and the ease of getting married in Tunisia makes the problem worse. I would definitely recommend she come over and you do a k1. Document every email, chat session, family support, take a ton of pics when she visits.

I also DISAGREE about the lawyer. I think if there are ANY concerns at all, a lawyer can really help with Tunisia and Algeria and in my opinion help a great deal. I think if you can get a reasonable or inexpensive one, it can help alot.

I was married in Ben Arrous County Tunisia. Getting a marriage certificate there takes 8 hours of waiting in line and alot more money than it costs... Trust me, meet her.... have her come over now cause flights are great priced in the spring... She can fly lufthansa direct from the usa and then frankfort tunis direct.... I do not recommend getting married the first visit.

Tunisia and Algeria are more expensive and alot harder to get to than lets say MOROCCO. You cannot fly directly to Tunis from ANYWHERE in the USA so you are facing some hefty airfair bills. Her airfaire will be minimum 1200 dollars.

By the way, I have 20 dinars to send to your fiancee left over from my last trip ( ahahahaahh)

good luck

take care

talk to u soon

you need to carefully document your relationship.....I personally would recommend a k1 because I was married in Tunisia last May and as you can tell from my timeline, I am not even out of NVC or even close to being out. I am looking at a year I thin when all things are said and done and there are people who did k1s AFTER ME who are already together.

I DO NOT recommend doing a k3 or cr1 out of tunisia. I personally know several denials out of Tunisia for k3s and a cr1 and the ease of getting married in Tunisia makes the problem worse. I would definitely recommend she come over and you do a k1. Document every email, chat session, family support, take a ton of pics when she visits.

I also DISAGREE about the lawyer. I think if there are ANY concerns at all, a lawyer can really help with Tunisia and Algeria and in my opinion help a great deal. I think if you can get a reasonable or inexpensive one, it can help alot.

I was married in Ben Arrous County Tunisia. Getting a marriage certificate there takes 8 hours of waiting in line and alot more money than it costs... Trust me, meet her.... have her come over now cause flights are great priced in the spring... She can fly lufthansa direct from the usa and then frankfort tunis direct.... I do not recommend getting married the first visit.

Tunisia and Algeria are more expensive and alot harder to get to than lets say MOROCCO. You cannot fly directly to Tunis from ANYWHERE in the USA so you are facing some hefty airfair bills. Her airfaire will be minimum 1200 dollars.

By the way, I have 20 dinars to send to your fiancee left over from my last trip ( ahahahaahh)

good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just to clarify.....Wendy is the USC and you are the one wanting to come here from Tunisia right?

I would do the K-1 as well. Good luck!

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Good luck....and welcome to VJ...

I also agree with the rest of the posters....k1 would be your best option. I am happy that you found love and wish you guys the best on your meeting together.

Depending on your case it could or could not be worth your money to get a lawyer--this is a decision you and your love should talk about and decide what is best for you. Just keep documenting everything and take lots of pics together and of your love with your family, etc. Bforbarreee answered all of your questions perfectly. Also you should go to the K1 forum and do reading, there is lots of useful info on this site and just make sure you understand everything. This process isn't easy and isn't ''fast''...so just make sure you guys are ready to be patient and stick together...Good luck!!!!

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

Timeline

hi there, how r u doing, well im really so greatful for ur replay and ur advises,im really a bit confused about which kind of visa we should pick and we really think that the K3 is the best cz financialy we can afford that W comes to visit me several times plus it will be even harder to prove the sincerety of our relationship just through pictures, i think a marriage is a solid prove of our engagement, well we want to be with each other as fast as we can but it isnt only about that if we go fro the K1 visa and i get denied it wont be easy at all for us and the K3 looks to be more sure and less complicated than the type u r running ( the immegrant visa)

well i can say that me and W r great planner cz we started to take care of all the papers needed since now and everything is going smoothly and about the flights to tunisia i hav been analysing and searching for the right one well i found some great deals only 1190$ with a great duration time which is great compared to 1800$ during summer time

did u got the affidavit from the us embassy before getting married and by the way why did u get married in tunisia ?and let me guess it was during the summer right?

any way thank u for all the advises and informations u gave and i will really concider wt u said

talk to u soon

Timeline

hi bridget, ur guessing is right, can i ask u something why do u think that we should do the K1 visa

it doesnt look as solid as the K3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it doesnt make sense since as i checked ur waiting time, i was amazed cz it was really short and it looks like everything went smoothly for u even that u were aplaying for a k3 visa and the fact that ur husband is from egypt which as u know can make the process more complicated ( im not saying a bad thing im just stating wt i hav read in many sites about processing all this from egypt)

so why shall we go through the K1

talk to u soon

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

even if going for the k3 visa the consulate will most likely ask why she only came to visit one time. Yes marriage is a way to prove your relationship but you still have to have documentation as there are also just as many married couples that get denied or sent back for further review. This doesn't guarantee that the consulate sees your relationship as being more solid than those who are applying for k1--they look for sooo much more than that

AOS---Mailed 6/6/2008

Check cashed---6/16/2008

Noa's received--6/18/2008 (date of 6/13/2008)

Biometrics appt--7/9/2008

RFE's received--7/12/2008

Resubmitted information--8/11/2008

EAD Card production ordered--10/2/2008

EAD approved--10/10/2008

Work card received in mail--10/11/2008

Applied for SSN--10/15/2008

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
hi bridget, ur guessing is right, can i ask u something why do u think that we should do the K1 visa

it doesnt look as solid as the K3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it doesnt make sense since as i checked ur waiting time, i was amazed cz it was really short and it looks like everything went smoothly for u even that u were aplaying for a k3 visa and the fact that ur husband is from egypt which as u know can make the process more complicated ( im not saying a bad thing im just stating wt i hav read in many sites about processing all this from egypt)

so why shall we go through the K1

talk to u soon

Well first off we didn't let what type of visa dictate whether or not we should get married. We got married because we are both muslim and we don't believe in dating. We both knew that it was right for us so we did it. I would seriously think about your motive for getting married because the visa process shouldn't really be what drives the decision.

I don't know why you think it's gone smoothly for us....it's been 6 months since the interview and still no visa. To me that's rough but if you mean no denials at the USCIS stage then yeah I guess it was a smooth ride during that stage of the game.

I would say the K-1 for a few reasons. Firstly because you will be able to work once you get here right off the bat. With a K-3 you will have to wait a good 3 to 6 months before you can take a job. That's rough on many MENA men. Secondly, K-1's seem to go a lot quicker. You read what wahrania wrote about getting married and then still being in NVC after all this time.

That's all. I don't have any knowledge about Tunisia so I can't really say much else.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.