yassmine2878

Its Friday, right?

56 posts in this topic

im going to look at wedding dresses tonight :) but still nervous cause no visa in hand yet :(

Go for it! I had a blast hunting for the perfect gown, even before we got the visa. I took advantage of the big spring sales, even though Ahmed wasnt issued the visa until September and didnt arrive here until the following February. After all, we knew we were getting married, so it really didnt ever seem to early to find the dress.

Happy friday to all....I have a weird question....is the phrase Insha allah used by christians also or just muslims??

Kristy

I say it quite often (since learning it from husbter a couple of years ago). Im Christian, he's Muslim and it holds the same meaning and reverence for both of us, "God Willing". After leaning the phrase I explained to Ahmed that southerners have a similar phrase we use often "Good Lord willin the creek dont rise". He finds it amusing, even though he stumbles over the words :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fridays are usually my favorite day of the week but day was crazy and pretty much sucked big time.Hope everyone else's day was better.

I usually LOVE Friday's too, this one just plain sucks. I haven't seen sunlight all day. It's been so cold and gloomy outside, depressing!!!!!!

VJ Hours - I am available M-F from 10am - 5pm PST. I will occasionaly put in some OT for a fairly good poo slinging thread or a donut.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
im going to look at wedding dresses tonight :) but still nervous cause no visa in hand yet :(

Take a friend or family with you when you go and get lots of pix of you in different dresses. It helps to have support and helps to get in and out of those dresses and it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay more fun!

Hey everyone. I slept till 1pm today and then just layed in bed starring at the ceiling till 4pm. It's Waleed's Birthday today. I haven't even gotten out of my PJ's. I just put sweats over them and went to the coffee shop.

Happy Friday. I'm going to the video store and see what I can get.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kuwait
Timeline
05nd0.gif

Sara that baby is so precious and beautiful, my little girl is now in University of Florida and is a senior. So enjoy time flies so fast, they grow up so quick. I enjoy seeing her pictures, I love babies. Glad you all are over that nasty flu.

Bridget, glad you found your cat and that you have your house clean, maybe you can take it easy tonight and jut enjoy your wonderful clean home. I am a little jealous! :yes:

Kristy - I read you were thinking of becoming a case worker, I am a clinical therapist and work with male Juvenile offenders. If you have any questions just ask, I started out as a case worker. The work is hard and the hours are long and pay could be way better, but most of us that work this kind of job do it because we are passionate about changing lives. I started out with being an accountant, hated it, and made a complete change and glad I did. I just never had a gift for accounting and always wished that I did. By the way Bridget I hear you are an account, let me say this, you are one smart woman, I know this cause I had to really study for that in college. So to have your CPA, is no small feat, I hear it is easier to pass the BAR than the CPA test, and believe me I so believe it. So every time someone tells me they are an account and have their CPA I just am in awe of the intelligence of that person. :yes: Good job!!!!!!

Have a great evening everyone on VJ.

A woman is like a tea bag- you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thquitsmoking3.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Fridays are usually my favorite day of the week but day was crazy and pretty much sucked big time.Hope everyone else's day was better.

I usually LOVE Friday's too, this one just plain sucks. I haven't seen sunlight all day. It's been so cold and gloomy outside, depressing!!!!!!

for some reason, i'm thinking that cat in your avatar and you have the same facial expression :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

for some reason, i'm thinking that cat in your avatar and you have the same facial expression :P

Is the cat pregnant, too?

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Well the day is almost over, (is over for most of you) so I'll save my news for tomorrow.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Hey, Maggie ! I'm here. I might be the only one awake, but I'm ready for some news. Good or bad ???

I take that back--- Good or Great !??!??!?!!!

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
I started out with being an accountant, hated it, and made a complete change and glad I did. I just never had a gift for accounting and always wished that I did. By the way Bridget I hear you are an account, let me say this, you are one smart woman, I know this cause I had to really study for that in college. So to have your CPA, is no small feat, I hear it is easier to pass the BAR than the CPA test, and believe me I so believe it. So every time someone tells me they are an account and have their CPA I just am in awe of the intelligence of that person. :yes: Good job!!!!!!

Have a great evening everyone on VJ.

Thanks! Actually I think it's easier to pass the exam now than it used to be. When I did it I think it was 1988 and in Massachusetts you had to take all of the parts at once and it was offered twice/year. You also had to have 3 years of experience with a CPA firm. Now I believe you can take it whenever you want and you can take each section at a time and you don't need to work for a CPA firm to get it. Kids these days...they have it so easy!! :lol: (I feel like when my parents say, "in MY day we had to walk 5 miles to school in the snow with cardboard on our feet!)

I started out in Biomedical Engineering and switched majors in my junior year. My dad nearly had a massive coronary knowing he had paid for all that time just for me to change my mind. :innocent:

Edited by bridget

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.