CARY

ANOTHER POLICE CERTIFICATE QUESTION

38 posts in this topic

She could go to Moscow and request it in person or apply for one from Moscow through her local police office. Or, she could have a relative/friend in Moscow do it for her. Or, she could contact them and see what is required. She's probably not the first girl to need this.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
She could go to Moscow and request it in person or apply for one from Moscow through her local police office. Or, she could have a relative/friend in Moscow do it for her. Or, she could contact them and see what is required. She's probably not the first girl to need this.

It looks like we are good to go hopefully. The lady from the IA submitted the request for the Moscow Region also. With all the other upcoming expenses I was hoping to avoid this attorney fee.

September 4th, 2007 129F Expressed Mailed

September 5th, 2007 Received at VSC

September 6th, 2007 NOA1 Issued

September 10th, 2007 Check Cashed

September 11th, 2007 Last touched.

January 8th, 2008 NOA2 issued, website not updated.

January 16th, 2008 NVC Case # received

March 27th, 2008 Moscow Interview date

March 27th, 2008 VISA APPROVED!

April 10th, 2008 My sweetheart arrived in the USA!

June 8th, 2008 MARRIED!!

Feb 2009, The new addition to our family!

Dec 14th 2009 I-751 Received Vermont SC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
With all the other upcoming expenses I was hoping to avoid this attorney fee.
If money was truly an issue you should have kept bothering the consulate in Montreal. The interview and the NOA2 can usually be extended. Or as crazy as it sounds using someone like

http://www.russiangirlfriday.com/prices.htm per the advice of Slim to have her for $100 pick up the police certificate in Moscow. You'd still have to mail that power of attorney to her, or whatever you are doing with the law firm.

Timeline
With all the other upcoming expenses I was hoping to avoid this attorney fee.
If money was truly an issue you should have kept bothering the consulate in Montreal. The interview and the NOA2 can usually be extended. Or as crazy as it sounds using someone like

http://www.russiangirlfriday.com/prices.htm per the advice of Slim to have her for $100 pick up the police certificate in Moscow. You'd still have to mail that power of attorney to her, or whatever you are doing with the law firm.

Why does everyone think I am from Canada? Is there a Charlotte in Canada?

June 8th, 2008 MARRIED!!

There is a Charlotte in Canada. A few actually; there's the Queen Charlotte Islands way out west in B.C., then there's Charlotte County in New Brunswick, and finally, there's even a band called Good Charlotte that makes a lot of racket here in the States too.

The reason people are posting stuff about Canada is way back on Page 1 of this thread some guy jumped in with a suggestion about getting an attorney in Moscow and paying them $525 to obtain a police certificate for your sweety. Since then this thread has morphed into a visa from Moscow by-way-of Montreal thread.... for $525.

(The steak and BJ stuff was just for $#!ts and giggles.... and for all the Canadiens that like to jump in here from time-to-time.)

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Timeline
Since then this thread has morphed into a visa from Moscow by-way-of Montreal thread.... for $525.

Are you saying this thread moved off-topic? In this forum? Frankly I'm shocked.

(The steak and BJ stuff was just for $#!ts and giggles.... and for all the Canadiens that like to jump in here from time-to-time.)

Like shootin' fish in a barrel... :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
My apologies. Confused you with:

spauldingjeffrey the poster who hijacked your thread.

But if it turns out you also need a police certificate from Moscow, because your fiancée lived there for more than six months, then my suggestion to the to the other guy would be just as applicable to you.

Edited by Satellite

Timeline
My apologies. Confused you with:

spauldingjeffrey the poster who hijacked your thread.

But if it turns out you also need a police certificate from Moscow, because your fiancée lived there for more than six months, then my suggestion to the to the other guy would be just as applicable to you.

The best thing to do it looks like is just have your lady go to the IM of IA's and request certificates for both regions. Easier for her to pick up and there is no cost.

I thank everyone for the advice given. Worst case scenerio I would have paid the $525+ to get this certificate so I can have her here as quick as possible.... which is always my best case scenerio hahaha : )

June 8th, 2008 MARRIED!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.