CARY

ANOTHER POLICE CERTIFICATE QUESTION

38 posts in this topic

$525..... How many Loonies is that?

From what I've heard, Canada is a great place for steak and BJs, eh?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

from what i can see in your photo you might want to cut steak from you diet! and as for BJ's you look like you could serve up a nice one.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
We used a law firm in Moscow to get our police certificate cost 500$ + 25$ for an English translation

they do 98% of the work for her,

$#!T, for $525 they better do 100% of the work and throw in a free steak and BJ. Since they're in Russia, they probably should throw in 2 free steaks and BJs. Actually, if we did the math on this one, they could throw in about 12 steaks and BJs and still have money left over from that $500. My goodness. Highway robbery!

Well I am bit torn here and will call the embassy to get a final answer. She went to the Rostov Information Center for IA and requested a certificate. My sweetie claims it covers all of Russia, but I just want to make sure....

$525 although is expensive it might be our only option. She would need to get on a train or plane, travel to Moscow which quite a distance away just to request the certificate. At least here she just needs to get the POA and submit the documents through mail.....

My ears perked up at 'Rostov'. That's about 5 hours from Natasha's city of Volgodonsk!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
The lawyer is very good and honest all she has to do is scan her internal passport and sign a power of attorney thats the 2% of the work. It saved us a lot of headaches. but yes expensive!
Any particular reason the Russian Consulate in Toronto couldn't this for you. See instructions below:

ДЛЯ ЗАПРОСА СПРАВКИ ОБ ОТСУТСТВИИ СУДИМОСТИ НЕОБХОДИМЫ СЛЕДУЮЩИЕ ДОКУМЕНТЫ:

1. Заполненная в Генконсульстве анкета-заявление (в 2-х экз). Либо переслать оригинал заявления по почте, заверив подпись у канадского нотариуса. В заявлении указать место рождения и точное место жительства в России;

2. Действительный паспорт и его копия;

3. Представить канадский документ, подтверждающий легальность пребывания в Канаде;

4. Предоставить оплату в виде "Money-order" или сертифицированного чека, выписанного на имя "Consulate General of the Russian Federation", на 100 канадских долларов за запрос.

Иностранные граждане, проходившие обучение или проживавшие в Российской Федерации, в заявлении о выдаче справки об отсутствии судимости должны указывать точные сроки проживания в России.

После получения ответа оплачивается дополнительный сбор в размере 10 канадских долларов (для российских граждан) или 40 канадских долларов (для иностранных граждан) за выдачу справки.

Участники и инвалиды ВОВ при предъявлении соответствующего удостоверения освобождаются от оплаты всех видов консульских действий.

Анкета о для запроса справки об отсутствии судимости

http://www.toronto.mid.ru/

They claim to do it for just 100 Canadian dollars. Still a better deal than $525 unless you are talking more than 5 reports or unreasonably delay.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
We used a law firm in Moscow to get our police certificate cost 500$ + 25$ for an English translation

they do 98% of the work for her,

$#!T, for $525 they better do 100% of the work and throw in a free steak and BJ. Since they're in Russia, they probably should throw in 2 free steaks and BJs. Actually, if we did the math on this one, they could throw in about 12 steaks and BJs and still have money left over from that $500. My goodness. Highway robbery!

Well I am bit torn here and will call the embassy to get a final answer. She went to the Rostov Information Center for IA and requested a certificate. My sweetie claims it covers all of Russia, but I just want to make sure....

$525 although is expensive it might be our only option. She would need to get on a train or plane, travel to Moscow which quite a distance away just to request the certificate. At least here she just needs to get the POA and submit the documents through mail.....

My ears perked up at 'Rostov'. That's about 5 hours from Natasha's city of Volgodonsk!

only in russia is 5 hours considered "close" :lol:

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
The lawyer is very good and honest all she has to do is scan her internal passport and sign a power of attorney thats the 2% of the work. It saved us a lot of headaches. but yes expensive!
Any particular reason the Russian Consulate in Toronto couldn't this for you. See instructions below:

ДЛЯ ЗАПРОСА СПРАВКИ ОБ ОТСУТСТВИИ СУДИМОСТИ НЕОБХОДИМЫ СЛЕДУЮЩИЕ ДОКУМЕНТЫ:

1. Заполненная в Генконсульстве анкета-заявление (в 2-х экз). Либо переслать оригинал заявления по почте, заверив подпись у канадского нотариуса. В заявлении указать место рождения и точное место жительства в России;

2. Действительный паспорт и его копия;

3. Представить канадский документ, подтверждающий легальность пребывания в Канаде;

4. Предоставить оплату в виде "Money-order" или сертифицированного чека, выписанного на имя "Consulate General of the Russian Federation", на 100 канадских долларов за запрос.

Иностранные граждане, проходившие обучение или проживавшие в Российской Федерации, в заявлении о выдаче справки об отсутствии судимости должны указывать точные сроки проживания в России.

После получения ответа оплачивается дополнительный сбор в размере 10 канадских долларов (для российских граждан) или 40 канадских долларов (для иностранных граждан) за выдачу справки.

Участники и инвалиды ВОВ при предъявлении соответствующего удостоверения освобождаются от оплаты всех видов консульских действий.

Анкета о для запроса справки об отсутствии судимости

http://www.toronto.mid.ru/

They claim to do it for just 100 Canadian dollars. Still a better deal than $525 unless you are talking more than 5 reports or unreasonably delay.

Yes she inquired about it and they told her it could take anywhere from 4 to 6 months to get it. we are dealing with the Montreal consulate for our case and there interview wait times were from 4 to 6 months for an interview. So we would have got it from the Russian consulate in advance but we were worried that it would expire by the time we got our interview and we would be SOL! In any way they were not very helpful to her when she went to the consulate to get permission for her son, and charged her a crazy amount to fix her internal passport. Yes we investigated the consulate TRUST ME! but this lawyer was the best option for our case and it is why i suggested him to the OP because it seemed his case was more complicated. just trying to help like the rest of you are thats it.

from what i can see in your photo you might want to cut steak from you diet! and as for BJ's you look like you could serve up a nice one.

Oh snap!

I would reply, but I want to save you the $40 it would take for you to pay your lawyer to reply to my post.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So, is there an Information Center for Internal Affairs or something like that in all major cities where the police certificate can be obtained? Tomsk is too far from Moscow, and I believe that someone said it's not necessary to go to Moscow. If there isn't a place in her city, can she request one from Moscow by post or by fax? Thanks in advance!

Filed: Timeline
So, is there an Information Center for Internal Affairs or something like that in all major cities where the police certificate can be obtained? Tomsk is too far from Moscow, and I believe that someone said it's not necessary to go to Moscow. If there isn't a place in her city, can she request one from Moscow by post or by fax? Thanks in advance!

She cannot get it from Moscow, iirc. She has to get it from the city she lived in.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm from Tomsk :rolleyes: , so I can tell you for sure that you can obtain the police certificate right there in Tomsk ;) , that is. Darn, I can't remember the address of that place right out of hand (it's been more than three years since I got mine), but it's in the vicinity of the railway station (looks like a police station of sort, but I can't recall its name now) - it took me about a week to get one.

Timeline

P.S. I actually found some info in my old notebook - not much, but still something. Here's the phone number in Tomsk, maybe you can try calling it - 54-11-50 (that's the number I was given by those people to call and inquire about my "case" if I didn't hear from them within a week or so, usually they'd call you and tell you when to come and pick up your police certificate, but sometimes you just have to call them yourself), there's also some sort of "name" next to this number - "Ревизионный Отдел". Hopefully it'll be of some use.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline
P.S. I actually found some info in my old notebook - not much, but still something. Here's the phone number in Tomsk, maybe you can try calling it - 54-11-50 (that's the number I was given by those people to call and inquire about my "case" if I didn't hear from them within a week or so, usually they'd call you and tell you when to come and pick up your police certificate, but sometimes you just have to call them yourself), there's also some sort of "name" next to this number - "Ревизионный Отдел". Hopefully it'll be of some use.

Excellent! Thank you very much! I've passed this information on to Tania.

Timeline

plz, ignore this one, I gave you the wrong number, sorry. :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

If you did not specify on original application submitted to USCIS that your fiancée lived in 2 different cities, then don't worry about it since US Consulate will request Police Certificate from the places she lived based on the information provided by you and by your fiancé on application and Biographical.

Good Luck!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
If you did not specify on original application submitted to USCIS that your fiancée lived in 2 different cities, then don't worry about it since US Consulate will request Police Certificate from the places she lived based on the information provided by you and by your fiancé on application and Biographical.

Good Luck!!!

Both places were listed......

any idea on the easiest way for her to get this Moscow certificate other than paying the $500 smackers?

September 4th, 2007 129F Expressed Mailed

September 5th, 2007 Received at VSC

September 6th, 2007 NOA1 Issued

September 10th, 2007 Check Cashed

September 11th, 2007 Last touched.

January 8th, 2008 NOA2 issued, website not updated.

January 16th, 2008 NVC Case # received

March 27th, 2008 Moscow Interview date

March 27th, 2008 VISA APPROVED!

April 10th, 2008 My sweetheart arrived in the USA!

June 8th, 2008 MARRIED!!

Feb 2009, The new addition to our family!

Dec 14th 2009 I-751 Received Vermont SC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.