one...two...tree

Chicago Tribune, Factcheck.Org, Washington Post: Obama Never Represented Tony Rezko

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

GWB has destroyed the GOP and not one of the yahoos on stage right now (the debate is on) is willing to strongly state that fact. Except Ron Paul, but he doesn't count :jest:

Edited by VJ Troll

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Well, that is just my opinion. But when race and sexism gets brought in there is a good chance grudges will be held. It at least gives the rep candidate some ammo to use. Time will tell.

In a 50-50 electorate, swaying a small number of voters in a strategic location can make a difference. How difficult would it be using the viral media to remind black people in September and October of what HillBill did to Barack?

That assumes Blacks see Obama as their candidate, or even as Black. I don't think they do.

I am all in favor of a woman president or a black president but the dems made the mistake of trying both at once. Something like this was inevatable.

Exactly what is that supposed to mean?

If Hillary were running without Obama she would easly win the nomination and probably be president. If Obama were running without Hillary he would probably win the nomination and probably be president. But with them both trying it at the same time simple human nature will come out and at least half of the voting population will feel insulted by what went on.

Very optimistic (Democratic) assumptions Gary.

I assume you mean I was giving the dems a lot of credit in their ability to win this time. I have no rose colored glasses on. The rep party is a mess and we don't have a good candidate. The fighting the dems are having is the only hope the reps have in winning. It's really a gift they gave us. Now if we can get a liberal third party to run things would get very interesting.

I agree with that. The Rep party is in serious trouble, given GWB's domestic and international reputation, not to mention the thin pool of candidates for 08.

However, the Dems current pool is not sustainable as it stands. I project a major shuffle, all around in Feb.

That is what I have been praying for and hoping for. With congress getting 20% approval ratings I am hoping for a clean sweep of congress, rep and dem alike. We need fresh blood in Washington. Not more of the same bullsh!t.

Well, that is just my opinion. But when race and sexism gets brought in there is a good chance grudges will be held. It at least gives the rep candidate some ammo to use. Time will tell.

In a 50-50 electorate, swaying a small number of voters in a strategic location can make a difference. How difficult would it be using the viral media to remind black people in September and October of what HillBill did to Barack?

That assumes Blacks see Obama as their candidate, or even as Black. I don't think they do.

His poll numbers among blacks in SC are very high. He got 5 of 6 black votes in the Nevada primary, according to exit polls.

Ring in the new! However, the sad fact is, anyone who seeks election doesn't deserve it, and those who deserve to be elected will never stand. What a wonderful world this is. Mind you, there are silver linings...somewhere...probably.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

His poll numbers among blacks in SC are very high. He got 5 of 6 black votes in the Nevada primary, according to exit polls.

But why would they be any more likely to "hold a grudge" than, say, I would? I'm a big Obama supporter.

From the polls I have seen Obama has been winning the black vote hands down. Wait until Feb 5. We will see then.

But why would they be any more likely to "hold a grudge" than, say, I would? I'm a big Obama supporter.

That's the challenge for the Republican party. They will have to figure out how to spin it so it generates the intended effect. Obviously, they can't do it as Republicans, because blacks don't trust Republicans. That's where the viral media and 527s come in, you can spread messages anonymously and they spread like wildfire.

Timeline
That's the challenge for the Republican party. They will have to figure out how to spin it so it generates the intended effect. Obviously, they can't do it as Republicans, because blacks don't trust Republicans. That's where the viral media and 527s come in, you can spread messages anonymously and they spread like wildfire.

LOL. "Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for Hillary if you knew she stole Black babies and barbecued them?"

If you were a Clinton supporter and Obama used sexist tactics against her would you then hold a grudge if he were the candidate for the dems? Mind you Obama has taken the high road and I respect him for that, I am just using that as an example.

LOL. "Would you be more likely or less likely to vote for Hillary if you knew she stole Black babies and barbecued them?"

:jest:

It'll be dirty. Very dirty.

Reminds me of a WSJ article I read recently.

One of our favorite Bill Clinton anecdotes involves a confrontation he had with Bob Dole in the Oval Office after the 1996 election. Mr. Dole protested Mr. Clinton's attack ads claiming the Republican wanted to harm Medicare, but the President merely smiled that Bubba grin and said, "You gotta do what you gotta do."

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1201048194...=googlenews_wsj

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Look at it this way, if Hillary wins the nomination how do you think the black voters will feel about voting for her in November? At least some of them will hold a grudge and vote third party or not at all. With the way the elections have been going the last few times every vote counts. But if Obama were not running and these fights were not happening she could count on solid support from the black voters.

I was 5 when Reagan was elected, so this is based on what I've read. I've read that Reagan and GWH Bush ran a similarly acrimonious and nasty primary campaign against each other. I've also read that the campaign seemed to tear the party apart. I've also read that Reagan mended fences by asking him to be his running mate (and he agreed).

Is a Hillary/Barack ticket out of the question?

It could be possible, as long as both came out during the selection process (of a running mate) to show how they could bridge their differences for the good of the nation.

I also see a good deal of understanding in Gary's logic the last couple of posts. These things could and may happen if people play the politics of divisiveness. I still believe folks can bridge certain gaps, especially if reminded of what they've had to put up with over the last two terms.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
GWB has destroyed the GOP and not one of the yahoos on stage right now (the debate is on) is willing to strongly state that fact. Except Ron Paul, but he doesn't count :jest:

I really hope Dr. Paul can put together a decent 3rd party ticket this go-round. I think this is the opportunity for a 3rd party candidate to have a chance to shake things up.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Look at it this way, if Hillary wins the nomination how do you think the black voters will feel about voting for her in November? At least some of them will hold a grudge and vote third party or not at all. With the way the elections have been going the last few times every vote counts. But if Obama were not running and these fights were not happening she could count on solid support from the black voters.

I was 5 when Reagan was elected, so this is based on what I've read. I've read that Reagan and GWH Bush ran a similarly acrimonious and nasty primary campaign against each other. I've also read that the campaign seemed to tear the party apart. I've also read that Reagan mended fences by asking him to be his running mate (and he agreed).

Is a Hillary/Barack ticket out of the question?

It could be possible, as long as both came out during the selection process (of a running mate) to show how they could bridge their differences for the good of the nation.

I also see a good deal of understanding in Gary's logic the last couple of posts. These things could and may happen if people play the politics of divisiveness. I still believe folks can bridge certain gaps, especially if reminded of what they've had to put up with over the last two terms.

In a perfect world the gaps could be bridged. This isn't a perfect world. Even if the rep candidates took the high road and didn't exploit the divisions created between Obama and Clinton there are a lot of people out of the reps control that will. As Troll points out a viral campaign to fan the flames would be easy to do. In a close race it could make all the difference.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I believe Paul and even Nader if he so decided to join the mess at some point, would not have as significant an effect on the election numbers as the independent factor did in 2000 and in 1992. This election, after this initial smoke has cleared, will probably come down to the Republican party and what its accomplised over the last 8 years and the Democratic party and what is has attempted to accomplish in the same time.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.