52 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I did my medical today and took that vaccine (Gardasil) and another new required vaccine Tpd similar to Td. Both are new that was required by the US embassy...We are only required to make one shot of each here and take the rest in the US. She explained that these vaccines are required and are expected to be found at the Medical results being submitted. Whatever reasons the embassy are having, we all have no idea but the doctor I talked today said it is a must just like MMR and Td and the rest of the vaccines.

"I am holding my sons hands, they are holding my heart"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

I did my medical today and took that vaccine (Gardasil) and another new required vaccine Tpd similar to Td. Both are new that was required by the US embassy...We are only required to make one shot of each here and take the rest in the US. She explained that these vaccines are required and are expected to be found at the Medical results being submitted. Whatever reasons the embassy are having, we all have no idea but the doctor I talked today said it is a must just like MMR and Td and the rest of the vaccines.

Sheree...May I ask how old you are?

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Hi Guys,

This is exactly what doesn't make sense...why are they asking K1's to get vaccine's if they aren't required until AOS?????

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Hi Guys,

This is exactly what doesn't make sense...why are they asking K1's to get vaccine's if they aren't required until AOS?????

Maybe to avoid RFE's and having to do a whole new immigraiton medical which is also quite costly? For the AOS, if you've had your medical w/in a year, all you have to supply is the Vaccination Supplement. If the vaccine is required, and not on the Vaccination Supplement...they'll RFE requesting you to get a full immigration medical. For a new immigrant, who may not be on the spouse's insurance, this can cost a pretty penny out of pocket....something that may not be very palatable w/ the already high fee of $1010 you're paying for AOS.

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Maybe to avoid RFE's and having to do a whole new immigraiton medical which is also quite costly? For the AOS, if you've had your medical w/in a year, all you have to supply is the Vaccination Supplement. If the vaccine is required, and not on the Vaccination Supplement...they'll RFE requesting you to get a full immigration medical. For a new immigrant, who may not be on the spouse's insurance, this can cost a pretty penny out of pocket....something that may not be very palatable w/ the already high fee of $1010 you're paying for AOS.

-P

It even says on the USCIS website that K1's cannot be refused a visa because they don't meet the vaccine requirements that are needed for AOS.

I'll get all my other vaccines updated (All I need is Tetanus) but I am not getting this. Sigh.....This is insane.

Why is there NO information on the internet about this!?!?!? I'm really hoping I can avoid getting it. If my birthday was any later than May, I'd have a problem.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Does that means that pass 27 years of age you are not require to get it??? loll

Anyway it is true that you dont need any of them for your interview or entry in US once you have your visa. However you gonna need them to change your status once you are married.

I dont know which province of Canada you are from but theres always some vaccinations clinics where you get them for low cost if not free.

Any vaccins you have recieved while you were a baby or recently wont b necessary to get them again.

Also make sure to have a copy on which they indicate the dates you recieved the vaccins and bring it with you in US as a proof that you really got them..( some of them you get only once in a lifetime)

keep smiling...everything is going to be fine :D

Does that means that pass 27 years of age you are not require to get it??? loll

Anyway it is true that you dont need any of them for your interview or entry in US once you have your visa. However you gonna need them to change your status once you are married.

I dont know which province of Canada you are from but theres always some vaccinations clinics where you get them for low cost if not free.

Any vaccins you have recieved while you were a baby or recently wont b necessary to get them again.

Also make sure to have a copy on which they indicate the dates you recieved the vaccins and bring it with you in US as a proof that you really got them..( some of them you get only once in a lifetime)

keep smiling...everything is going to be fine :D

Thanks for that Lady..it's just scary!!!

The Gardasil vaccine is for women ages 11 to 26. Why that age, I have no idea.

I'm up to date on all my vaccines except Tetanus (Which I'm getting on the 30th)

I'm in Ontario.

If it's true you don't need them for the interview or entry to the US why are they giving them at the medicals? I hope I have the option cause as I've said 100 times..I'm not getting Gardasil!!!

Thanks again. (F)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When you read the instruction for filling 129-f applications on USCIS website it says clearly that you dont need vaccinations to

get your visa but they suggest to do so.....And I think it is way cheaper to do it here in Canada.

However, I just read on another blog : " On another note, I asked (Because i was curious) about the new vaccination (Gardasil) for women ages 11-26. Dr. Chana said that it is a new requirement and is very expensive. You should get it done ASAP. "

So, it seems women need it...

When you read the instruction for filling 129-f applications on USCIS website it says clearly that you dont need vaccinations to

get your visa but they suggest to do so.....And I think it is way cheaper to do it here in Canada.

However, I just read on another blog : " On another note, I asked (Because i was curious) about the new vaccination (Gardasil) for women ages 11-26. Dr. Chana said that it is a new requirement and is very expensive. You should get it done ASAP. "

So, it seems women need it...

Which is RIDICULOUS because it's not even passed in any state as mandatory but it's mandatory for us? How is that fair?!?

:angry:

I'm going to bed.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I was thinking about getting it before i read this post! I think it's the whole "I want to be one less" that got to me lol. I filed in Belgium and the vacinations were required as part of package 3 and 4 but apparently they are not necessary before AOS, however since a TB shot (they did it for me twice for no reason buy hey go figure.. i needed the doctor's signature on my vaccination supplement and he needed some business) cost 60 dollars i'm glad I got all the others back home where a TB shot cost 3 euros.. If you're still in doubt I think that the best thing to do is to contact the embassy. If you really need to get out of it you should look on the Gardasil site and see if there are any cases in which they do not recommend that you get the vaccine and in the worst case senario you can always pull an excuse out of your hat.

K-1 Visa Service Center : California Service Center ; Consulate : Belgium

2007-04-18 = I-129F Sent

2007-05-14 = I-129F NOA1

2007-08-10 = I-129F NOA2

2007-09-17 = Consulate Received

2007-09-18 = Packet 3 Received

2007-09-19 = Packet 3 Sent

2007-09-19 = Packet 4 Received

2007-09-24 = Interview Date

2007-09-24 = Visa Received

2007-09-28 = US Entry

2007-11-10 = Marriage

Processing Estimates/Stats : I-129f was approved in 114 days from your filing date. Interview took 159 days from your I-129F filing date.

Adjustment of Status CIS Office : Las Vegas NV

2007-11-23 = Date Filed at Chicago lockbox (priority date)

2007-11-29 = NOA Date

2007-12-07 = RFE(s) IRS tax forms

2007-12-21 = Biometrics Appt.

2007-12-23 = Met with an immigration lawyer who told us how to prove income without IRS tax forms

2008-01-10 = NOA reciept of RFE at Lee's Summit, case processing resumed

2008-03-24 = Interview Date (cancelled but we will still be going)

Pending : Approval / Denial Date, Got I551 Stamp, Greencard Received

Employment Authorization Document CIS Office : Chicago National Office; Filing Method : Mail; Filing Instance : First

2007-11-23 = Date Filed (priority date)

2007-11-29 = NOA Date

2007-12-21 = Bio. Appt.

2007-12-21 = Touche

2008-02-12 = Card production ordered

2008-02-13 = Touche

2008-02-15 = Approval email

2008-02-19 = Card Received

Let's remember that for a K-1 no vaccinations are required... you can wait until you are in the US and file for AOS.....

In Canada it is a requirement. No vaccines.... no visa.

:angry:

Then why does it say that on the website???

I think this is outrageous!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Back to my point before...don't worry if you already have HPV, but if you don't have HPV and don't want to be one less then stay out!!!

#######?

BTW, I haven't been able to find any official word of this in my searches either.

Back to my point before...don't worry if you already have HPV, but if you don't have HPV and don't want to be one less then stay out!!!

#######?

BTW, I haven't been able to find any official word of this in my searches either.

It's unreal...there is NOTHING online about this at all!!!

There's also another vaccine called Tpd or something.....there is nothing on that either!

Sigh.

I'll be talking to my doctor on the 30th.

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.