irene

Good Husband even the woman doesnt realize

Good Husband  

53 members have voted

1. 1. If your wife told you that if she wanted to buy something and u don?t have the right to ask anything about it, would you?

• be insulted because the wife does not consider u as an equal partner and as such dont have the right to ask anything
    • be ok with not being able to ask her anything
    • take control of the budget to prevent future misunderstandings

109 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
please back off.... I am not in a good mood at the moment..

it is hard when you don't have a lot of money to work with.. it is more the stress of it that is hard...

Sorry Marilyn - didn't mean to add to your stress.

its ok :thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Sex and money....the two biggest marriage busters, and ill-communication is always the fuel for the fire...

Why is sex a marriage buster?

it can be if one partner wants it and the other doesn't...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
Sex and money....the two biggest marriage busters, and ill-communication is always the fuel for the fire...

Or if one partner wants something that freaks the other out.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

OR if one partner makes the other PAY for it... :blink: ...only kidding...maybe...

I am finished...when I am dead

Timeline

OR if one partner makes the other PAY for it... :blink: ...only kidding...maybe...

or the frequency that the one partner might want sex...

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I make twice what my husband is making but I know that he is just getting settled in and he will eventually be making more than me and I still let him keep his money to feel like he can buy some little thing if he needs to. The bottom line is that he needs to step up and be a man. First of all, you shouldn't be allowing someone to handle all of your finances. He has obviously lost control over his finances and is going to end up losing control over everything else. Let me get this straight: husband working everyday, long hours, and bringing the bacon straight home to his wife and then has to ask what he can buy out of his own money?

There really needs to be some lines of communication here and if that doesn't work then maybe you should consider keeping your finances separate. Yes she is taking advantage of you but I truly can't feel sorry for you because you are allowing her to do that. In my eyes, a man is supposed to be the provider, the strong one the coner stone. How can a man live up to those expectations if he isn't trying. No offense but you must really feel week in this particular area.

And, Is she really threatening by divorce. Maybe you are allowing this to happen to you because you are afraid of losing her. That shouldn't be your concern because if a person is going to leave there is just nothing that you can do about it and you shouldn't compomise your situation to satisfy someone else. It doesn't make sense

AOS Package 2008

Married JANUARY 5 2008.......AWWW

Civil Surgeon 2/24 results 2 days later

Mailed AOS 3/1 YAYYYYYYYY!!!!

V. Bustmante signed in receipt of package 3/3

check cashed !!!!!!!!!!!3/10

Received receipt notice in the mail for AOS & EAD 3/12

RFE on 485 stating I 94 card front and back 3/24 (already enclosed) :(

Sent RFE back 3/27

Lees MO received RFE 3/31

change of address online 4/1 (hopefully it doesn't confuse things)

CASE TRANSFERRED to CALIFORNIA 4/10

Biometrics 4/29

EAD APPROVED--Card production ordered 5/5

Received EAD card 5/10

Mailed AP application 5/12....home sick :(

Received AP document in mail 6/27...YAY!!! :)

Card production ordered via website 7/7 Yea baby yea!!!

Green Card in Hand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7/16

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS 2010:

Mailed I751 Application 4/2

USCIS Received Monday 4/5

Received NOA (12 mos extension) 4/9

Biometrics letter received 4/26...scheduled for 5/12

APPROVAL letter received!!!!!! 6/25

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok , I am the wife who writing this message , i just want to clear everything , before i got here he cleared to me that i will have a strict budget in everything and i perfectly understand that, but in necessary things like water and electricity we really cant hold up the way he want when he was single all gonna add up , but we resolved this now coz im the one handling the money , i asked him is that " when i want to buy something are u going to say anything or ask "i never said i would buy now even i know were still facing a big expenses, i dont even said that i would buy 200$ worth of item , but that what he conclude since in his past relationship the woman he been with used stay with him for money. and if its really true that he trust me like what he said he would not have think im going to buy something without even considering the family needs first , now about the voice of his in the house , i dont tell he could notask when i want to buy something , but in his personality he is like he would like to know " why , how , what " all tiny small deatils i have to tell him , for exampl, when he purchased a thing before he told me and i just ask why u want that and he answered me he like to put in his office , i dont elaborate more the important things is that he is happy and its not that much to the level that it will affect the budget. And for the record i dont even have anything in my mind planning to buy when i asked that question to him. i dont know but what i expect to hear from him is that " depend if we have spare and it will make u happy why not " not depend if u want to buy a 200$ worth of shoes that after 3 months ur 200$ is gone , im not hurt about the amount but the point that even if we have spare and the familys needs is reached he wont coz its expensive and not worth the price but how about the happiness and satisfaction i will get , im not saying that i will deal with my satisfaction and happiness first , im saying this thing is when the family need is already satisfied.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I'd be insulted if he told me I don't have the right to ask things. We both work and we make decisions together. Of course we won't ask permission to each other to buy everything. Like I need a facial lotion i go and buy it. But if I want to buy clothes or he wants to buy a new lawn mower, things like that, we discuss first.

Yes I agree with you 100%. My wife just called me up to ask me if she can spend $15 at the goodwill store. Sure even though the money is tight until thursday.

things like facial lotion or toothpaste etc.. just get..

My ex wife got Pi$$ at me cause I bought some Tissuse for the butt and we needed it..she was mad cause I did not ask her permission.

Yogi

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Ok , I am the wife who writing this message , i just want to clear everything , before i got here he cleared to me that i will have a strict budget in everything and i perfectly understand that, but in necessary things like water and electricity we really cant hold up the way he want when he was single all gonna add up , but we resolved this now coz im the one handling the money , i asked him is that " when i want to buy something are u going to say anything or ask "i never said i would buy now even i know were still facing a big expenses, i dont even said that i would buy 200$ worth of item , but that what he conclude since in his past relationship the woman he been with used stay with him for money. and if its really true that he trust me like what he said he would not have think im going to buy something without even considering the family needs first , now about the voice of his in the house , i dont tell he could notask when i want to buy something , but in his personality he is like he would like to know " why , how , what " all tiny small deatils i have to tell him , for exampl, when he purchased a thing before he told me and i just ask why u want that and he answered me he like to put in his office , i dont elaborate more the important things is that he is happy and its not that much to the level that it will affect the budget. And for the record i dont even have anything in my mind planning to buy when i asked that question to him. i dont know but what i expect to hear from him is that " depend if we have spare and it will make u happy why not " not depend if u want to buy a 200$ worth of shoes that after 3 months ur 200$ is gone , im not hurt about the amount but the point that even if we have spare and the familys needs is reached he wont coz its expensive and not worth the price but how about the happiness and satisfaction i will get , im not saying that i will deal with my satisfaction and happiness first , im saying this thing is when the family need is already satisfied.

I understand your point of view. It sounds like there is a break down of communication and understanding. Money and finances is one of the major causes in marital strife. I'd recommend that you both seek counseling for learning to understand each other better. :) Best wishes. :star:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I understand your point of view. It sounds like there is a break down of communication and understanding.

Money and finances is one of the major causes in marital strife. I'd recommend that you both seek counseling

for learning to understand each other better. :) Best wishes. :star:

Doesn't marriage counselling cost a lot of money? :unsure:

Edited by mawilson
biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I understand your point of view. It sounds like there is a break down of communication and understanding.

Money and finances is one of the major causes in marital strife. I'd recommend that you both seek counseling

for learning to understand each other better. :) Best wishes. :star:

Doesn't marriage counselling cost a lot of money? :unsure:

And isn't it really rather stupid?

You're trying to learn to communicate better, so you go talk to a third party rather than each other. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

(Of course, I think the psychiatric field is a load of bollocks anyway)

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.