Dimples876

Lawmakers clinch a deal on tax rebates

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
Ah, sorry. Reading at work.

I can see why that might upset some people, but IMO the impoverished need the money more than I do, so I don't have an issue with it. I'm more about taking care of all people, not just the ones that make enough to pay taxes. But as I already said, I think it's a stupid plan that won't work anyway so :lol:

No worries :)

I don't think the plan is going to work either. So I totally agree it is a stupid plan.

Yeah it is weard to give a rebate to folk who didn't have to pay taxes in the first place...but I understand giving them a little bit back because the ecomoney is hurting.

4457325_bodyshot_175x233.gif 4489327_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Cases complete!Enjoying life!!

PM me if you have questions

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I can see why that might upset some people, but IMO the impoverished need the money more than I do, so I don't have an issue with it. I'm more about taking care of all people, not just the ones that make enough to pay taxes. But as I already said, I think it's a stupid plan that won't work anyway so :lol:

I don't think the plan is going to work either. So I totally agree it is a stupid plan.

Yeah it is weard to give a rebate to folk who didn't have to pay taxes in the first place...but I understand giving them a little bit back because the ecomoney is hurting.

mi sorry but if you don't pay taxes you shouldn't get it.......i pay taxes and my pockets are hurting

mi sorry but if you don't pay taxes you shouldn't get it.......i pay taxes and my pockets are hurting

Mine are too, I assume they do pay taxes but get a heafty tax return at the end of the year is why they should be excluded? I guess I remember being one of these people. I feel like everyone should get a piece of the pie...a little token for at least trying to work and support yourself when they claim the ecomony is soo bad.

Timeline

people who don't file doesn't mean they didn't pay taxes..they proly made less than amount to be exempt from filing ..so taxes were taken from their checks..they just won't get any back when they file

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
people who don't file doesn't mean they didn't pay taxes..they proly made less than amount to be exempt from filing ..so taxes were taken from their checks..they just won't get any back when they file

:thumbs::thumbs:

I think that is what I was trying to say.

Also, the money isn't about the individual, it's about the country. The point is to boost the economy (not to mention, 600 dollars for a couple who doesn't have to file won't go very far). I have a feeling most will spend it on credit cards (psht, whatever is left of mine is going there) and necessities (buying stuff for the house - of course, if it's approved) and some will even save it. In the long run, we probably won't see any results, though.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

I will do my part in stimulating the economy by purchasing a new three wood with my rebate.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline

Also, the money isn't about the individual, it's about the country. The point is to boost the economy (not to mention, 600 dollars for a couple who doesn't have to file won't go very far). I have a feeling most will spend it on credit cards (psht, whatever is left of mine is going there) and necessities (buying stuff for the house - of course, if it's approved) and some will even save it. In the long run, we probably won't see any results, though.

AGREED !!

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

AGREED !!

Ditto....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Honestly, I think it's a nice gesture on the part of the government, but at this time the public has been so bombarded by the media with all this recession talk, that consumer confidence will keep at least 90% of this nation from "jump-starting" the economy. Many of us are going to be putting it in the bank for all the rainy days that seem to be ahead. The stock market was a clear indication on the feelings of the public to the government's plan; the sell off continued -- the roller coaster ride continued. Hubby and I will be using it to pay off some bills, save for the rainy day and pay for exams that I will be taking in June (thank God my employer will reimburse me if mi pass them!).

Just my $0.02

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Timeline

Eve'nin,

Unu so serious...well, when mi get my money...mi ago buy 10 pound a chicken back, 1 pound a flouwah and 1/2 pound of cornmeal...unu welcome fi join mi, but bring unu own plate...wait samdi bring some kool-aid..betta yet, I will make little SUGAR and WATAH.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Eve'nin,

Unu so serious...well, when mi get my money...mi ago buy 10 pound a chicken back, 1 pound a flouwah and 1/2 pound of cornmeal...unu welcome fi join mi, but bring unu own plate...wait samdi bring some kool-aid..betta yet, I will make little SUGAR and WATAH.

:lol: :lol: woaiiiieeeeee, Lawny mi deh deh wid mi plate...mi can bring mi plastic dish fi tek home likkle? :whistle:

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Eve'nin,

:lol: :lol: woaiiiieeeeee, Lawny mi deh deh wid mi plate...mi can bring mi plastic dish fi tek home likkle? :whistle:

DWL

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.