hearsay

Driving Cautiously; Lawfully

Driving Cautiously; Lawfully  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been honked at while driving in your car?

• Yes, but I deserved it.
    • Yes, but I was driving good.
    • No
    • I am not sure, my music was too loud.

35 posts in this topic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My choice is not present, "Yes, but I could not care less." When I drive, I have purpose, it is to get to my destination quickly. I have no interest in putting along. I ignore honking drivers. If they saluted me, I would not have noticed.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I don't hesitate to honk when some schmuck is on his cell phone, driving slow in the passing lane. He's not driving slow to be safe, he's just not paying attention.

I love when drivers will mysterious apply their brakes without reason or provocation (usually happens when they're deep in cell phone conversation...using wearing a goofy, vacant smile as I pass them).

I also love drivers who will change lanes without signaling, especially the ones who do it quickly (they're my favorite).

Conscientious drivers are a rare commodity these days. It seems more drivers are too self absorbed to even be aware they are sharing the road with anyone else.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is where I receive my honks and maybe gestures. I use the passing lane to PASS! People seem to think it is okay to putt along in the fast lane. Get over! Why do I have to pass you in the wrong lane? Geez! It is not hard to get over for faster moving traffic.

I don't hesitate to honk when some schmuck is on his cell phone, driving slow in the passing lane. He's not driving slow to be safe, he's just not paying attention.

I love when drivers will mysterious apply their brakes without reason or provocation (usually happens when they're deep in cell phone conversation...using wearing a goofy, vacant smile as I pass them).

I also love drivers who will change lanes without signaling, especially the ones who do it quickly (they're my favorite).

Conscientious drivers are a rare commodity these days. It seems more drivers are too self absorbed to even be aware they are sharing the road with anyone else.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

I didn't think the average American understood the concept of a 'passing lane'. All lanes are fair game and you stick in the one you are in, regardless...or at least that's what it looks like to the casual observer.

I hate tailgaters personally, if they honk, I go slower, unless they have a shotgun.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

Yep. Last week when a semi wanted to run me over because he apparently thought that a safe driving distance between two vehicles in pointless stop and go, slam on brakes traffic was a ridiculous fairy tale written in BMV handbooks.

I am drawing a blank on other times. I just don't get honked at that much or honk at other people.

Filed: Timeline

My best car story is when some guy flipped out at me, so I flipped him the bird while he was on the off ramp. THen he proceeded to drive off the off ramp, down a ditch, then back onto the highway to chase me at speeds at 110mph.

I.was.shitting.myself.

Feel free to replace being honked at with getting the bird.

Does "Driving Cautiously; Lawfully" mean driving slow in the left (fast,passing) lane?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I notice drivers talking on cell phones driving 85 miles per hour they tailgate in the slow lanes and fast lanes. What in the foc is there hurry. I learned to ignore the tailgaters just slow down lol.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

I notice drivers talking on cell phones driving 85 miles per hour they tailgate in the slow lanes and fast lanes. What in the foc is there hurry. I learned to ignore the tailgaters just slow down lol.

better yet, hit the breaks, if they rear-end you, remember to get out of the car holding your neck, cha-ching! :)

We may disagree on many things but driving isn't one of them. :)

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

just this morning i had some idiot pass me while i was at 53 mph in a 50 zone, as they pass i braked hard because they were throwing gravel. no cracked windshield fortunately.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

chopf##ks

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835