MaRob

Where did you register?

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We registered at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond.

Mark :)

Same here.

We only registered for need items, unlike many couples I have known, and everything we needed could be found at Target or BB&B.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
I felt weird about starting a registry initially, it seemed sort of cheeky. I took an extensive straw poll, and it was unanimous that guests want to know where you're registered because they can be sure they're getting you something you want or need. Plus, online registries make it easy for people to have stuff sent to your house, so they don't have to lug something to the weddin'. One of my friends (who coincidentally worked at Crate and Barrel for a while) said, "It's about the only time in your life you can pick out things you'd like and people will actually buy them for you!" It was fun, and we got some great stuff. I also like to buy people stuff from their registries. It's fun to see what they want. OK, I like merchandise generally! Faaaabulous merchandise!

We registered at Crate & Barrel and Target.

I personally don't believe in registering. I am against the whole gift giving concept.

KT, you're one cranky #######. :)

Good points, plus, registries help ensure you don't get a lot of duplicate gifts.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

cracker barrel

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
cracker barrel

Can you actually register for there?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

cracker barrel

:whistle: ..well, we got some nice jack daniels glasses..sone genuine saltwater taffy..a dale earnhart #3 tee shirt....a Dale Lives bumper sticker..a pecan roll...shot glasses with turkeys on them...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

We don't have one. We got married here in Manila. Our guests gave us cash, since it is much more practical for we wil surely reside in the US a year or two after our wedding. We still have the money in our Joint Account as our FUTURE FUND. :D

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
cracker barrel

:whistle: ..well, we got some nice jack daniels glasses..sone genuine saltwater taffy..a dale earnhart #3 tee shirt....a Dale Lives bumper sticker..a pecan roll...shot glasses with turkeys on them...

I think they have some pretty cool stuff there sometimes.

You are such a goofball!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: Timeline

we weren't going to register anywhere until my aunts decided to throw a bridal shower for me and everyone started to call to see where we were registered. we weren't in the US so we registered online for Target. Turns out a lot of the stuff we registered for was only available online. We ended up getting waaaaaaaaay more gifts than we needed. We would have been happy with everyone just turning up. We have most of the stuff still unopened in a closet in our basement.

Edited by Amber&Neil

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

No registering here we just had a simple small wedding doesn't matter if we got gifts or not family and friends are more important.

Citizenship

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

CIS Office : San Francisco CA

Date Filed : 2008-06-11

NOA Date : 2008-06-18

Bio. Appt. : 2008-07-08

Citizenship Interview

USCIS San Francisco Field Office

Wednesday, September 10,2008

Time 2:35PM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

It's winter, I'm lonely, I'm bored, and that causes me to speak my open mind. :lol:

But seriously, I really am tired of gift giving in general. I'd rather see celebrations centered around the joy and happiness of getting together with people you love and care about without the obligatory gift. Is that really so bad?

I personally don't believe in registering. I am against the whole gift giving concept.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
But seriously, I really am tired of gift giving in general. I'd rather see celebrations centered around the joy and happiness of getting together with people you love and care about without the obligatory gift. Is that really so bad?

Well you are in an for adjustment then... A russian never arrives at someone's home or to a celebration without bearing a gift.... at least mine does not....

YMMV

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
We didn't register anywhere. It was a wedding, not a gift solicitation festival.

so you received no gifts at all and the ones you did you (im)politely returned? :whistle:

:lol:

Edited by Sister Fracas

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

It's winter, I'm lonely, I'm bored, and that causes me to speak my open mind. :lol:

Well, I suppose not. :blush:

Like a lot of you folks constrained by the tyranny of K-1 uncertainty, we couldn't give our would-be guests a lot of notice about the date. Even before Jon had his K-1 visa in hand, I and my mother were being harassed--harassed!--by friends and family members about where we were registered. I guess that contributed to my haste in selecting fabulous items from a housewares store. You see, I would have been happy with good wishes and beer, but I was essentially forced to enable people to buy us highball glasses, a cocktail set, nice cutlery, towels, a strainer set...

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]