MaRob

Where did you register?

77 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

So I am wondering where are good places to register for weddings? How many places should you register at? I feel like I am saying "hey, I am getting married!! Buy me something!" haha :wacko:

04/16/2007 - I-129F Mailed to TSC

04/24/2007 - Official NOA1 Date

08/10/2007 - NOA2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10/17/2007 - INTERVIEW (PUT IN AP)

02/18/2008 - VISA ARRIVED IN MAIL!!

02/28/2008 - Arrives in the U.S.A!!!

03/15/2008 - Wedding Day!!

04/10/2008 - AOS Package Mailed (almost 1 year to the date later)

04/11/2008 - Received in Chicago

04/17/2008 - Check cashed

04/19/2008 - 3 NOAs received!

05/09/2008 - Biometrics Appt in SATX

05/14/2008 - Case transfered to CSC

06/11/2008 - EAD & AP Approved CRIS email

06/17/2008 - AP received in mail

06/21/2008 - EAD received in mail

01/21/2009 - FINALLY AOS APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am wondering where are good places to register for weddings? How many places should you register at? I feel like I am saying "hey, I am getting married!! Buy me something!" haha :wacko:

Most major department stores have wedding registries (Macy's, Dillard's, Nordstrom's, etc...even Target and (yuck) Walmart.). You should chose a store based on your family/friend's ability to afford the store and/or on what items you like/need. Registering is a lot of work, so I (personally) wouldn't want to do it too many times - I believe one store is enough/appropriate. :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

We registered at Target and Bed Bath & Beyond.

Mark :)

Our Full Timeline From K-1 Application through to Receiving my Green Card

Timeline Summary

11/30/2007 - I-751 Mailed to Nebraska

12/28/2007 - NOA Received (application has been forwarded to California)

01/09/2008 - Biometrics taken in St. Louis

03/27/2008 - I-751 Approved, 10 Yr Greencard in the mail !!

12/20/2016 - N-400 mailed to Phoenix lockbox

01/17/2017 - NOA Received

01/25/2017 - Attended biometrics in St. Louis

09/29/2017 - Received I-797C notice dated 09/27/17.  Interview Scheduled for November 6th @ 8am

11/06/2017 - N400 interview in St. Louis.  Approved !!:jest:

02/05/2018 - Notice of Oath Ceremony date received.  March 1st, 2018 @ 8.30am

"Though miles once lay between us, we were never far apart, for true love doesn't count the miles, it's measured by the heart"

Check out our website - "Our Journey Together"

View Our Online Photo Albums - "Mark and Debs' Webshots Albums"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I wish that we had done that - though the cash we received instead was helpful to our AOS process :innocent: . Just make sure you don't register the same thing at a bunch of places or you'll end up with 3 toasters like our friend did. Oops.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline

To be honest, I expected nothing at our wedding. I was just wanting everyone to show up ready to party and have a great time. I was really shocked by the unexpected generosity of people. But the best gift was just them being there and giving their public approval of our union. Priceless.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Target and Amazon.com

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

Filed: Timeline

We didn't register anywhere. It was a wedding, not a gift solicitation festival.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I personally don't believe in registering. I am against the whole gift giving concept.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think a lot of couples that are getting married don't really ask for gifts but the people coming to the wedding want to give them gifts...

we didn't register for our wedding but if I would have I would have registered at Target...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I think a lot of couples that are getting married don't really ask for gifts but the people coming to the wedding want to give them gifts...

:yes: I don't particularly like the idea of registries either, but I've had so many potential guests ask if we have one that I will probably make one. If people are going to insist on giving us gifts we may as well ask for the things we need! It is probably a lot less important if you are older and already have your essential household items, but when you're young some people - especially relatives - just genuinely want to help you out.

sharasugar.pngsharanomsugar.png

07/11/2006 - First met

08/22/2008 - K1 Visa in hand

12/27/2008 - Marriage

05/20/2009 - AOS complete

10/06/2011 - ROC complete

04/20/2012 - Annaleah born!

Filed: Timeline
:yes: I don't particularly like the idea of registries either, but I've had so many potential guests ask if we have one that I will probably make one. If people are going to insist on giving us gifts we may as well ask for the things we need! It is probably a lot less important if you are older and already have your essential household items, but when you're young some people - especially relatives - just genuinely want to help you out.

Same thing happened to us. People wanted to know where we were registered because they wanted to send a gift and that is the simplest way for people in another country. We registered at Pottery Barn and Z Gallerie. Have fun!

iagree.gif

I felt weird about starting a registry initially, it seemed sort of cheeky. I took an extensive straw poll, and it was unanimous that guests want to know where you're registered because they can be sure they're getting you something you want or need. Plus, online registries make it easy for people to have stuff sent to your house, so they don't have to lug something to the weddin'. One of my friends (who coincidentally worked at Crate and Barrel for a while) said, "It's about the only time in your life you can pick out things you'd like and people will actually buy them for you!" It was fun, and we got some great stuff. I also like to buy people stuff from their registries. It's fun to see what they want. OK, I like merchandise generally! Faaaabulous merchandise!

We registered at Crate & Barrel and Target.

I personally don't believe in registering. I am against the whole gift giving concept.

KT, you're one cranky #######. :)

K-1

March 7, 2005: I-129F NOA1

September 20, 2005: K-1 Interview in London. Visa received shortly thereafter.

AOS

December 30, 2005: I-485 received by USCIS

May 5, 2006: Interview at Phoenix district office. Approval pending FBI background check clearance. AOS finally approved almost two years later: February 14, 2008.

Received 10-year green card February 28, 2008

Your Humble Advice Columnist, Joyce

Come check out the most happenin' thread on VJ: Dear Joyce

Click here to see me visiting with my homebodies.

[The grooviest signature you've ever seen is under construction!]

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

We registered at Bed Bath and Beyond and Target. I already had an established home so it was nice to get things we needed instead of the normal basics people would buy a couple just starting out. And like others said, most guests will ask you anyways (or at least ask you what you want or could use) so a registry takes the stress of trying to think of something on the fly out of the picture.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline