one...two...tree

Why Lorna Brett Howard Switched from Clinton to Obama

80 posts in this topic

You know what? As you can't see beyond the moral outrage of the murder of a fetus there is no point going any further. I have given explicit reasons as to why it's impossible to control abortion in the way that you would like. I have gone further and pointed out that education and aid to the poorest members of society would do far more good than any legislation but you seem adamant that it's not only possible but preferable to try to legislate people into making 'appropriate' moral decisons. I can't think of anything more backward looking and potentially lethal to some of the poorest members of US society.

Regardless of either of our positions, and regardless of what any of the presidential candidates might postulate on the platform, no one is going to fiddle with current abortion legislation anyway, so I don't have any burning desire to try to change your opinion.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline
But I still don't want the government telling me what I can do with my body.

Go try to sell one of your kidneys or attempt to commit suicide and see how fast the govt steps in to tell you what you can or can't do with your body. You can't pump your body full of illegal drugs either. This is no different. Actually it is, it's more important to place restictions on what a woman can do with her own body when that involves another person's life.

I can DONATE my kidney and the government doesn't mind.

I can commit suicide and the only entity punishing me is my life insurance company.

I can pump my body full of all the illegal drugs I like and if the government catches me doing so they are going to be more intereseted in whom I bought the drugs from than me.

My body. Not yours. Get over it.

Edited by rebeccajo

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline
I can DONATE my kidney and the government doesn't mind.

I can commit suicide and the only entity punishing me is my life insurance company.

I can pump my body full of all the illegal drugs I like and if the government catches me doing so they are going to be more intereseted in whom I bought the drugs from than me.

My body. Not yours. Get over it.

But you can't sell any body parts so the govt is controlling what you can do with your body.

If your suicide attempt fails you're going to be locked up and watched so that the govt can prevent you from trying again.

You can go to jail for putting illegal drugs in your body and even legal drugs are regulated... it's for your health so it's still a matter of the govt having some control over what you do with your body.

You know what? As you can't see beyond the moral outrage of the murder of a fetus there is no point going any further.

Why do you say that? I have already stated that I'm not totally against abortions, I just think they should have restrictions that are regulated by the govt and BC shouldn't be one of the reasons it's allowed.

I don't understand why some people get so offended when someone has an opinion of POV that doesn't match theirs :unsure:

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I don't understand why some people get so offended when someone has an opinion of POV that doesn't match theirs :unsure:

welcome to vj :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

I have no idea why anyone would translate - this argument is going nowhere = "oh, you are offended because my opinion is different?" It's quite simple - this argument is going nowhere. I am not offended.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .