one...two...tree

Why Lorna Brett Howard Switched from Clinton to Obama

80 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Because until a certain point, it isn't a person. It's a cluster of cells that is more like a cancer or a parasite than a human.

I don't think anyone wants to play this game.

Indeed. I don't think I've heard an original argument on this subject in quite some time.

thats pretty original.

http://picturesofpregnancystages.net/pregn...ages-week-8.htm

how many abortion happen before week 8?

7yqZWFL.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while i'm in the pro choice camp, i don't label those in the pro life camp "those people"

Nor do I, that's not why I called this person one of 'those' people.

I'll draw you a metaphor. Some people see arguments as black and white. The more passionately they believe in the 'white' side of the argument, the more difficult it is for them to see anyone who doesn't agree with what they say as anything but 'black'.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
while i'm in the pro choice camp, i don't label those in the pro life camp "those people"

I'll draw you a metaphor. Some people see arguments as black and white. The more passionately they believe in the 'white' side of the argument, the more difficult it is for them to see anyone who doesn't agree with what they say as anything but 'black'.

yes, you did. and keep working on those quoting skills, you'll get it right someday.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I am not surprised you don't understand this Charles. Bigger pictures require bigger vision.

need glasses?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Unjustified murder?

Yes, abortion for no other reason than the woman couldn't control her sexual urges and now doesn't want a baby, is unjustified murder of an unborn human being. Needless to say, I am NOT pro "choice" if the choice is to murder another human without just cause.

Ah, one of those.

yes, you did. and keep working on those quoting skills, you'll get it right someday.

I am not surprised you don't understand this Charles. Bigger pictures require bigger vision.

:whistle:

7yqZWFL.jpg

I am not the one who is myopic. If I wanted to have an argument about the abortion debate, I would have. Clearly, that was not what I was getting at.

I see there are two who don't understand the metaphor. Any more?

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Because until a certain point, it isn't a person. It's a cluster of cells that is more like a cancer or a parasite than a human.

That describes a large portion of the population.... should they all be taken out (1)... at the mercy of a woman who's supposed to protect them? (2)

(1) Yes.

(2) And this is one reason I will never vote for Hillary Clinton.

Edited by PlatyPius
Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Country: Libya
Timeline

That describes a large portion of the population.... should they all be taken out (1)... at the mercy of a woman who's supposed to protect them? (2)

(1) Yes.

(2) And this is one reason I will never vote for Hillary Clinton.

:lol: Muslims who make comments (IN JEST) that a large portion of the population should be taken out get a free ticket to gitmo so I'll refrain.

I wouldn't vote for Hillary if she were the only name on the ballot.

Edited by Alhamdulillah

Muslimwoman-1-1.jpg

99GEAq-6owA

We need a Ramadan!! (part one)

VP's Blog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I am not the one who is myopic. If I wanted to have an argument about the abortion debate, I would have. Clearly, that was not what I was getting at.

I see there are two who don't understand the metaphor. Any more?

So you just resort to ad hominem attacks.

The person has a different perspective than you, so you insinuate that they are one of "those people."

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Not at all.

If the person had said, I don't wish to support Obama/Clinton because they don't support pro life that would be one thing. However, that's not what was said. The person said, I will not support either candidate because in their eyes such support equates to support of:

Yes, abortion for no other reason than the woman couldn't control her sexual urges and now doesn't want a baby, is unjustified murder of an unborn human being. Needless to say, I am NOT pro "choice" if the choice is to murder another human without just cause.

That is clearly a very distorted view of why either of the candidates is not pro life, hence my metaphor. This person can't see the grey in the abortion debate. It's not a question of 'if you are with us you are against us'. People have all sorts of reasons for not being 'pro life' and I don't think many of them are so because they want women to be able to murder unborn babies.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus

I also thought it was obvious that I wanted to point out the disingenuousnesses of suggesting that pro choice candidates support unjustified murder without getting into the whole abortion debate. However, it seems I was wrong.

Edited by Purple_Hibiscus