His Glory

Did it Make a Difference?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
Like you I am not going for my fiance's interview.

I think the fact that so many others have not had their SOs with them at the interview but have been successful in Ghana is a good sign that things will be fine. Being there is definitely good but the more important thing is that not being there is not going to reduce your chances of getting the visa.

This is for Zeenusah!

MS. GIRLFRIEND!!!

What do you mean you are not going? My entire journey has been made much easier because of you and others who detail every bit of your experiences. I was depending on you Ms. Thang!!! I wont have it! Get your bags packed!! Dont let me have to start a collection, cause you know I will!!! LOL!

Edited by Ricca711

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I think the fact that so many others have not had their SOs with them at the interview but have been successful in Ghana is a good sign that things will be fine. Being there is definitely good but the more important thing is that not being there is not going to reduce your chances of getting the visa.

This is for Zeenusah!

MS. GIRLFRIEND!!!

What do you mean you are not going? My entire journey has been made much easier because of you and others who detail every bit of your experiences. I was depending on you Ms. Thang!!! I wont have it! Get your bags packed!! Dont let me have to start a collection, cause you know I will!!! LOL!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Girl, you crack me up!

You know I will get all the details from my fiance ;) I just don't have the time or money to go twice in 4 months :no: We figured, since I am going back in July anyways to bring him home he can wing it for the interview.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is for Zeenusah!

MS. GIRLFRIEND!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Girl, you crack me up!

You know I will get all the details from my fiance ;) I just don't have the time or money to go twice in 4 months :no: We figured, since I am going back in July anyways to bring him home he can wing it for the interview.

Thanks for the advice. I feel it would benefit us greatly if I go, but... :( I have to leave it in God's hands.

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was there for the interview, I am very glad I was there, they gave us a hard time, if I had not been there I think we would have been denied. That is just my experience, I know that there are others that did not attend and everything was fine. You can only do what you can do. Dont worry I am sure everything will be fine.

My condolences about your brother, I am very sorry for your loss.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Now Ghana is notorious for being sloooow, but the act of fraud is not as prevalent there. Anyone having a bonafide relationship and having enogh inteligence to answer questions that match the petition will be alright. Since Ghana came out with the new currency the value of it is higher than the dollar. though poverty still runs rampant and there are more educated than there are jobs for the educated; Ghanaians are less likely to marry for fraudulent reasons than other countries in West Africa. As you can tell I love me some Ghana. Make know mistakes in the next few years it will be South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana as the dominant countries in Africa that every global corporation will want to have a market share in. As well Ghana has a very high population of foreign nationals that reside there.

My point foreign nationals are moving there to take advantage of the upturn in the economy. Therefore, there is less reasons to be paranoid of fraud. You all will be alright don't worry "that much".

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Timeline
Now Ghana is notorious for being sloooow, but the act of fraud is not as prevalent there. Anyone having a bonafide relationship and having enogh inteligence to answer questions that match the petition will be alright. Since Ghana came out with the new currency the value of it is higher than the dollar. though poverty still runs rampant and there are more educated than there are jobs for the educated; Ghanaians are less likely to marry for fraudulent reasons than other countries in West Africa. As you can tell I love me some Ghana. Make know mistakes in the next few years it will be South Africa, Nigeria and Ghana as the dominant countries in Africa that every global corporation will want to have a market share in. As well Ghana has a very high population of foreign nationals that reside there.

My point foreign nationals are moving there to take advantage of the upturn in the economy. Therefore, there is less reasons to be paranoid of fraud. You all will be alright don't worry "that much".

Thanks Destiny. Everything you said was calming except the "that much" :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I also wanted to be at the interview.

And it worked out very well for us that I was around before the interview, because we were trying to get his interview date changed. I was able to go to the embassy (on three different occasions) and plead for someone to understand our situation and move up his interview. Finally it worked!

But when I went along for the interview...I turned out not to be so helpful! When we got into the waiting room, we had a difficult time finding seats together, but we were lucky and it was nice to sit and wait together and sort of get prepared mentally. When after an hour they finally called his name, I went up to the window with him. But maybe I shouldn't have because the security guard saw me and asked James, "why did you bring your wife with you?" and i answered "i came on my own, he didn't bring me." and he said, "you were not supposed to come, you must sit down." so i went to sit where we had been, and he said "no no no, you must sit on this side!" so he led me to the "us citizens waiting area" where there were like 10 open seats that those on the other side could have very much appreciated...

and when james was finished at the window, I tried to wave him over to me, but the security guard wouldn't let him sit there because he was not a us citizen! what a meanie. so james was called up to the window at least three other times, and i had no idea what was going on! i just sat and prayed on the other side of these tall plants that separated the citizens from "the others." it looked kind of suspicious that they kept calling him then sending him back to wait, but i guess that is the process!

after about another hour and half of that, james turned from the window, looked at me and smiled! so i got up and we left, blue slip in hand. they never called me to the window, and i asked james if they asked about me, he said he told them i was there and have been there for the past several months, but thats all! basically they asked about his work, and our engagement party trying to figure out if it was a real wedding. they ask questions in a round a bout way so that they trick you into giving the wrong answer, but james figured that out and set them straight!

so i think that its really up to your fiance. even if you were there, you might end up sitting in a corner like me! but certainly, the truth of your love will shine through no matter what. he will barely have to do anything but be honest!

"The really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Our Journey:

K-1 Process:

1/17/07 I-129F filed with Nebraska Service Center

1/26/07 NOA1 from California Service Center

5/3/07 NOA2 (email)

5/11/07 Case received by NVC

5/14/07 Case forwarded to Accra Embassy

6/19/07 Packet 3 mailed to fiance

6/30/07 NOA2 (hard copy finally)

7/19/07 Picked up Packet 3 from Accra Embassy!

7/25/07 Returned Packet 3, Received Packet 4, assigned February 2008 Interview

8/1/07 Jennifer Returns to Ghana :)

8/11/07 Engagement Party in Accra!

11/23/07 Granted Rescheduled Interview Date

12/4/07 INTERVIEW

12/19/07 Return to USA together

1/5/08 Winter Wedding in Wisconsin!

AOS/EAD Process:

1/7/08 Apply for SSN

1/14/08 Receive SSN card

2/19/08 AOS Package (incl EAD and Adv. Parole) filed to Chicago Lockbox

3/3/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and Adv Parole

4/23/08 EAD Received

4/30/08 Adv Parole Received

5/19/08 RFE for lost medical documents

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thats a nice review Jenn, I also had to sit on the USC side. But the guards in the very front would not let me in the waiting area until 8:30, so my husband had already done most of that getting up and down and going over to the window for different things. When he was finally called over for the interview, he went alone. He said the CO asked where I was and my husband told him I was sitting right over there. The CO asked who let me in the building, husband said I wasn't going to wait outside alone for all the hours he had been waiting indoors. Anyway, thats when the CO told him to call me over to the window.

I like what you said about all the chairs being empty on the USC side, while I was waiting(not to mention freezing to death), there were several Ghanaians who came to sit on the chairs and were told to move. There were no plants seperating us at that time. Most of the time I was the only USC sitting over there, people would come and go, and different CO's would come to the window and ask if I needed any help. I wanted to say, yea tell them to hurry up!! But I kept quiet and froze.

Jenn I'm so glad everything worked out for you and James.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was talking this over with Omoba last night and we were saying how there seems to be less trouble in Ghana as far as getting approved, Nigeria seems to like to hastle people. You dont hear about that as much coming out of Ghana, dont worry I am sure everything will be fine. :thumbs:

Timeline
I was talking this over with Omoba last night and we were saying how there seems to be less trouble in Ghana as far as getting approved, Nigeria seems to like to hastle people. You dont hear about that as much coming out of Ghana, dont worry I am sure everything will be fine. :thumbs:

Thanks guys. I am feeling a lil more secure all. Im glad I found visajourney

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I really hope I can be there with Bassi for his interview. For my sanity and his. Even if I can't speak, I can be there and smell the air. :) I'm a nervous Nelly, I just have to feel like I"m doing SOMETHING. But Bassi wants me there too. I think we are both extremely nervous. All this waiting makes you crazy. :wacko:

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.