His Glory

Did it Make a Difference?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It looks like I might not be able to make it to my husbands interview :crying: It hurts but finances are tight. I heard from someone who felt it helped a great deal in her case. How about anyone else? Its heartbreaking for us.

03/09/2013: Married

09/10/2013: Sent I-130

09/12/2013: Case Received.

03/04/2014: Petition transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

03/25/2014: I-130 Petition approved

03/28/2014: Petition sent to NVC

04/09/2014: NVC received case

05/08/2014: NVC assigned case number

05/16/2014: Paid AOS fee

10/02/2014: Case Closed

10/10/2014: Interview Date Scheduled

11/17/2014: Interview - APPROVED!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
It looks like I might not be able to make it to my husbands interview :crying: It hurts but finances are tight. I heard from someone who felt it helped a great deal in her case. How about anyone else? Its heartbreaking for us.

u can not go in to interview anyway its more of support issue, i was told to go anyway by my lawyer, due to my circumstances each case is diffrent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This might sound a little batty-- I don't think the USC not going to the interview hurts your chances. But I think that the USC being in the country at the time of the interview helps.

Hope this helps...

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Like you I am not going for my fiance's interview.

I think the fact that so many others have not had their SOs with them at the interview but have been successful in Ghana is a good sign that things will be fine. Being there is definitely good but the more important thing is that not being there is not going to reduce your chances of getting the visa.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it to the interview and I understand the let-down. On one hand, you aren't allowed into the interview session with your SO. On the other hand being there (country, embassy etc.) definitely shows solidarity. I doubt that you not being there will be cause for the embassy to reject your application. All of us who have gone through the process have held our breath during that dreaded interview and prayed for a positive outcome. You'll have success too.

The longer it takes to introduce yourself the less you've actually accomplished

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I feel like it is all up to the CO if you will be allowed into the interview. I was in Ghana the day of the interview and was able to sit in the embassy while my husband waited to be interviewed. I also was called over to the window, standing right next to my SO for the entire interview and we were both interviewed.

Try not to worry Efia, there have been others that were approved without being there. For my husbands interview, I feel like it was necessary to be there. But that really depends on each situation. Were all here for you.

Timeline

I did not attend my husband's interview.

K-1 Visa Journey

03/10/2007 - Sent I-129F to NSC

06/05/2007 - Approved

06/25/2007 - NVC Case Number received

07/05/2007 - Fiance received Packets 3 and 4

09/06/2007 - INTERVIEW----- APPROVED

09/13/2007 - VISA IN HAND

09/14/2007 - POE AT JFK

10/26/2007 - Wedding

01/17/2008 - Email from CRIS that I-129 was approved!

AOS Journey

10/28/2007 - AOS mailed to Chicago via Federal Express

10/29/2007 - AOS received at Chicago

11/05/2007 - NOA for I-131, I-485, I-765

12/28/2007 - Biometrics

12/29/2007 - Case appeared on USCIS website

12/31/2007 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AP Approved

01/10/2008 - AP Received in mail

01/12/2008 - EAD Card Recieved in mail

07/24/2008 - AOS Interview

07/30/2008 -Card Production Ordered

08/11/2008 - GREEN CARD RECIEVED

04/30/2010 - ROC mailed to CA via USPS Express Mail

08/10/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered; AOS Approved

04/24/2011 - Mailed N-400

05/12/2011 - Received I-797C

06/08/2011 - Biometrics

07/25/2011 - N-400 Interview

07/25/2011 - Oath Ceremony

MY HUSBAND IS A US CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

I was not at my husband's interview, as he had dropped off his medicals and 131$fee on 1/7/08 and they told him to come 1/10/08 so I had no time to even get there? but the interview went well and was approved. I do remember the whole time he was at the interview I was here praying him through :thumbs:

K&L

Timeline

I tried to be there, but he ended up having the interview a week after I left Ghana. Boo. Anyway, he was approved just fine without me being there, but when she asked when I had visited recently she seemed impressed that I was there the week before that and the month just before that. I would go through our long story, but it's long, so basically just being able to visit frequently seemed to help.

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
I tried to be there, but he ended up having the interview a week after I left Ghana. Boo. Anyway, he was approved just fine without me being there, but when she asked when I had visited recently she seemed impressed that I was there the week before that and the month just before that. I would go through our long story, but it's long, so basically just being able to visit frequently seemed to help.

In my case, I visit in nov the was the only time because when I was savingup to go back for another visa, my brother was murdered and all our family used our resources for the funeral and not mention my mother was so fragile emotionally I couldnt leave her alone. Its coming down to the choice of going or securing a beautiful apartment for us. I have been staying with my mom to take care of her during all this.

Timeline

In my case, I visit in nov the was the only time because when I was savingup to go back for another visa, my brother was murdered and all our family used our resources for the funeral and not mention my mother was so fragile emotionally I couldnt leave her alone. Its coming down to the choice of going or securing a beautiful apartment for us. I have been staying with my mom to take care of her during all this.

Does it lower are chances of being approved since I was only able to visit once? I love my moms but as I discussed with her we will be there for her but newly married we need our own place.

Timeline

I think it is definitely helpful if you can spend more time with him. But with that being said, many people have been approved without that. You have other considerations and have to decide what is best for your family. If you don't have the money to go, then you don't have the money to go. The second time I went, I didn't pay for it. I was sponsored and just had to speak to a group of nurses and teachers in return. I wouldn't have been able to go otherwise.

I am sorry about your brother. That has to be extremely difficult.

K-1 (more detail in profile):

05-25-05 - Applied for I-129F

06-07-05 - Approved

12-01-05 - Picked up visa!!

AOS:

12-25-05 - Flight lands at JFK - EAD stamp

05-15-06 - Green card received!! Woo-hoo!!!

05-09-07 - Our first son born!

Removal of Conditions

01-29-08 - Mailed Removal of Conditions Application (overnight)

02-07-08 - Check Cashed

02-08-08 - NOA1

03-12-08 - Biometrics

12-12-08 - Card production ordered! Yay!

12-30-08 - 10 year card received! Yay!

Naturalization

01-12-10 - Mailed application

01-20-10 - NOA

02-16-10 - Biometrics

04-21-10 - Interview

04-21-10 - Oath ceremony - US CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

I was there for the interview and I agree with Kanyiri the CO was also impressed with the amount of visits and time we had spent together.

I was just thinking of a situation that occurred at the embassy when my SO went for his interview.

He said when he was there a lady on a K3 was denied and told to never come back. The CO asked her the last time she was with her husband, "she said he comes time to time" the CO said (but you have no proof, no phone records, letters and no copy of his passport with his entry) she said "I have lots of pictures". The CO said "only evidence you gave me are some old letters that were illegible" and paper is the wrong size), and cards (No barcode or price it did not come from the US), he asked her "were pictures of her and her "husband" taken at the airport", "when were her pictures taken" she said yes 2 years ago at the International Airport. The Co got up and started walking around telling the embassy employees to look at the pictures and asked "if they noticed something wrong". They were all shaking their head in disbelief, one of the employees said "yes the pictures are very old", the CO said yes they are, the lady started saying loudly "no they are at Airport seeing off husband two years before". The CO walked over to the lady and asked her a few more questions about some of the other pictures. The CO said loudly "for her to never come back he was going to note her records of fraud".

The reason he gave her was, in the pictures at the airport with her and her husband that she said were from 2 years ago, "you can see the dust bins in the background"; he said "the airport began using that particular dust bin in 1979, and for a fact they stopped using it about 7-8 years ago". Another picture was taken in front of some Restaurant or building the CO told her "the Restaurant had been closed for over 10 years and the building was torn down over 8-9 years ago" He told her he suspected that the pictures were between 10 and 15 years old, and that she had lied on every question about her current relationship with her "husband"

On a Brighter note when my SO went to pick up his passport, he saw 3 men waiting to pick up their visa, all 4 of them had interviews on the same day as him 1 was K1 and 2 were K3, and they were all approved and the USC did not come to the interview with them.

The moral of the story:

I'm sure they (COs) know that everyone does not have the flexibility to visit often. IMO if the USC can't be at the interview or visit often. I would recommend having an overload of primary evidence. I would print out everything (eeerthing) phone records, emails, photos, photos and more photos. As long as the USC and their SO can provide evidence of a current real relationship they should be fine!!!

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

We Destiny, that was such a realistic reply. Thank God for you. This whole journey is emotionally and financially exhausting. I am confident that when people try to deceive the CO's it is apparent and their decisions are justified.

God Bless you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.