Udella&Wiz

AOS Biometrics

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
If I remember in Hartford there were about 6-8 of those cubicals...

It was a pretty straighforward process.. I always brought my accordian folder from the K-1 interview, just added tabs and kept adding info - like my SSN card, the marraige certificate etc.. as I went.. that folder is still together at my house awaiting ..... Lifting of COnditions.. I just keep adding to it.. it's all in one place, and i know what to grab when i need important docs..

Now if they only made them fireproof!! :)

We actually bought a small fireproof safe and it's in our closet. Not specifically for that purpose, but I keep everything from this process in there, our passports etc... Gawd forbid any of that was destroyed.....can you imagine?

Small cube type, not very expensive...from Walmart i think...around $100

Excellent tip.. we actually looked at some like what you describe at Ocean State Job Lot (like big lots) I believe they were around 50$.. :thumbs:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

great information all around! i have my biometrics on feb 5th so this is good to hear that it's so quick except that I will have 2 bratty kids with me (5 and 2) so it should make for an interesting trip.

at the interview in montreal, i took them with me and the officers found it quite annoying and despite their clear instructions to bring them along if they were applicants as well, one officer said "can you quiet them down, they're disturbing other people" and then "you know you didn't have to bring the kids!". (and my husband wonders why my user name is 'frustrated'). try sitting in that waiting room for 3 hours only to be told blah, blah, blah....:)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.