Udella&Wiz

AOS Biometrics

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi folks...I wanted to post this in the Canadian forum so that you have an idea of what's coming if you haven't been through it yet. The AOS forum is full of reviews.

We live in Northern Virginia, the local office is in Alexandria about a 25 minute drive from us.

Our appointments were at 3 pm, we got there around 2:30 and just walked in. They checked our letter and passports (I brought my marriage cert since I filed the AOS in my married name), had us fill out a small form asking for A#, hair colour, eye colour, height, weight (sheesh), Country of citizenship...you know the routine and then looked at our hands (I guess to ensure we didn't have any injuries or whatever to our fingers which woudl prevent fingerprints being taken).

We got a number (775 &776..woo hoo...they were processing 700 already) and sat for approx 30 mins. It struck me as a busy day

Our number was called, we went in. They took full sets of prints, plus a charming photo and we were out. 10 mins max once we were in.

Easy peasey

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi folks...I wanted to post this in the Canadian forum so that you have an idea of what's coming if you haven't been through it yet. The AOS forum is full of reviews.

We live in Northern Virginia, the local office is in Alexandria about a 25 minute drive from us.

Our appointments were at 3 pm, we got there around 2:30 and just walked in. They checked our letter and passports (I brought my marriage cert since I filed the AOS in my married name), had us fill out a small form asking for A#, hair colour, eye colour, height, weight (sheesh), Country of citizenship...you know the routine and then looked at our hands (I guess to ensure we didn't have any injuries or whatever to our fingers which woudl prevent fingerprints being taken).

We got a number (775 &776..woo hoo...they were processing 700 already) and sat for approx 30 mins. It struck me as a busy day

Our number was called, we went in. They took full sets of prints, plus a charming photo and we were out. 10 mins max once we were in.

Easy peasey

Thank you for that! I live in Alexandria so I'm assuming I'll be going to the same office.

Thanks again :)

Timeline

Probably!...8850 Richmond Highway...depending on how you come, was just past Fort Belvoir

hope you're not there at 3-4 pm....the only downside was that the janitorial chickie made us play musical chairs as she swept and mopped the sitting area

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Probably!...8850 Richmond Highway...depending on how you come, was just past Fort Belvoir

hope you're not there at 3-4 pm....the only downside was that the janitorial chickie made us play musical chairs as she swept and mopped the sitting area

I live 5 minutes from there so that's great.... ANY day now :)

Timeline

cool glad they took you both on the same day .

( check your mail i bet they touched you after the BIO ;) )

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Filed: Timeline

Good thinking taking your marriage certificate, even though it's not on the list. I didn't take mine and they sent me back to get it.... an hour's drive each way. But I'd come straight from the CIS office to obtain an emergency AP, so I wasn't quite in thinking mode. :( Good times. My lovely pic looks just as miserable as I felt. :(

iagree.gif

Congratulations on a smooth bio appointment! You mentioned that you were #775 and 776, and they were at 700 when you got your number and it only took you 30 minutes? Wow, they do a lot of fingerprints in that half hour eh? :blink: Unless numbers were for other things....

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

same 1 I went to for the 10 yr green card thingy biometrics appt. Was very painless, that is if ya fileld out the info onthe clipboard correctly!! People in front of forgot to do 1 section near the botom, so the lady at the desk would just send them out of line to correct it,lol

congrats!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline
Congratulations on a smooth bio appointment! You mentioned that you were #775 and 776, and they were at 700 when you got your number and it only took you 30 minutes? Wow, they do a lot of fingerprints in that half hour eh? :blink: Unless numbers were for other things....

From what I saw...there were about 10-15 cubicles (if you want to call them that) each with a person who had the computer, scanner and camera. They were moving people through relatively quickly. The lady mentioned it had been a busy day, but they seemed pretty motivated to get everyone out by closing time (4 pm). I'm wonder where I will go for the AOS interview, since I saw no evidence of meeting rooms/ offices.

There is another half to the building and my husband commented that it may be there that some of the other immigration stuff takes place, dunno - people were heading in there as well

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

From what I saw...there were about 10-15 cubicles (if you want to call them that) each with a person who had the computer, scanner and camera. They were moving people through relatively quickly. The lady mentioned it had been a busy day, but they seemed pretty motivated to get everyone out by closing time (4 pm). I'm wonder where I will go for the AOS interview, since I saw no evidence of meeting rooms/ offices.

There is another half to the building and my husband commented that it may be there that some of the other immigration stuff takes place, dunno - people were heading in there as well

Wow. That's a lot of processing equipment. There may have been two or three at the Orlando office but only one of them was being used. In Orlando, the biometrics office is in a completely different part of the city than the USCIS office is.

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

In St. Louis, there was this huge room and seperate cubicles etc. for my biometrics on the 1st floor. When I went for my AOS interview, it was on the same floor, just several doors away. Another waiting room, inside more rows of cubicles. You might have your file transferred after biometrics as well you know.

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

I keep reading about the transfering stuff - what does it all mean? Our numbers begin with MSC...so that's Missouri, correct? Where could it go?

Even for Missouri, surely they don't expect that we'll travel there? Sorry, I've tried to stick my head in the sand and don't know much about the transfer whoas of some people.

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

I keep reading about the transfering stuff - what does it all mean? Our numbers begin with MSC...so that's Missouri, correct? Where could it go?

Even for Missouri, surely they don't expect that we'll travel there? Sorry, I've tried to stick my head in the sand and don't know much about the transfer whoas of some people.

They send it to your local office. If your local office has a backlog, they will send it to one of the other offices for faster processing. Your interview (if you have one) will be at your local office.

iagree.gif

Timeline

If I remember in Hartford there were about 6-8 of those cubicals...

It was a pretty straighforward process.. I always brought my accordian folder from the K-1 interview, just added tabs and kept adding info - like my SSN card, the marraige certificate etc.. as I went.. that folder is still together at my house awaiting ..... Lifting of COnditions.. I just keep adding to it.. it's all in one place, and i know what to grab when i need important docs..

Now if they only made them fireproof!! :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
If I remember in Hartford there were about 6-8 of those cubicals...

It was a pretty straighforward process.. I always brought my accordian folder from the K-1 interview, just added tabs and kept adding info - like my SSN card, the marraige certificate etc.. as I went.. that folder is still together at my house awaiting ..... Lifting of COnditions.. I just keep adding to it.. it's all in one place, and i know what to grab when i need important docs..

Now if they only made them fireproof!! :)

We actually bought a small fireproof safe and it's in our closet. Not specifically for that purpose, but I keep everything from this process in there, our passports etc... Gawd forbid any of that was destroyed.....can you imagine?

Small cube type, not very expensive...from Walmart i think...around $100

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.