miriga

Filing for an Extension???

19 posts in this topic

Hi,

My case was received March 21 2007, biometrics mid May and since that time I am pending. (NSC)

My 1 yr extension ends April 4th.

Should I file for an extendison?? I am in Portland Oregon

When and how should I file for an extension if I don't received an approval or rejection ??

Thanks so much......:)

I request an appointment a week before....is that enough time ? I mean I don't want to make an appointment and get one in two weeks and then I could be illegal.

For the stamp......do I need to bring paper work or something additional or just passport, ID, and my regular wallet things. :)

Thanks

Filed: Timeline
I request an appointment a week before....is that enough time ? I mean I don't want to make an appointment and get one in two weeks and then I could be illegal.

For the stamp......do I need to bring paper work or something additional or just passport, ID, and my regular wallet things. :)

Thanks

You would not be illegal.... you would just not have any evidence of your Status..... you should take your expired greencard and the NOA1 extention letter and your valid passport.... and yes 1 week before would be fine... you never know you might have got your 10 year greencard by then...

Kez

• 1 month later...

Hi,

It is me again.....well a month and a half ago that I sent you my last message, I checked Nebraska Center and I was not worried cause they were still processing files from February 2007, however, I just checked it again and now they are already in July 05, 200. My case was received on March 21st 2007 and now I am getting really worried about this!!!

Did they just skip my case? Somebody help me!!!

Thanks

Filed: Timeline
Hi,

My case was received March 21 2007, biometrics mid May and since that time I am pending. (NSC)

When and how should I file for an extension if I don't received an approval or rejection ??

the went back in 2006!! do you think thats possible???

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hi,

the went back in 2006!! do you think thats possible???

Anything is possible with these USCIS idiots! :) My theory (and some others) is that they went back so that people would still be within the date range, and therefore can't call and complain and ask what's going on with their application. Also, those dates don't really mean anything anyway. They aren't very accurate.

Check out this huge thread on the matter: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102349

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline

I thought you can apply for citizenship if your 1 year extension is about to expire ( since USCIS did not get back to you). Some one else can correct me if I am wrong!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I thought you can apply for citizenship if your 1 year extension is about to expire ( since USCIS did not get back to you). Some one else can correct me if I am wrong!!

You can apply for citizenship when you are within the right timeline for it. For us, since we have been married for over three years, and Tom has been a permanent resident for three years (minus 90 days), yes he can apply, and he did, yesterday. It doesn't really have anything to do with the 1 year extension letter expiring. But yes, you can apply for citizenship before you get your 10 year PR card.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody...

Well here is my update. I had an infopass appt for March 20th (USCIS in Portland Oregon)

My appt was at 1:10 pm, got there 1:00 pm, the counter was closed for lunch, they opened at 1:10 sharp, show my appt receipt, got my I-551 stamp and was out of the office at 1:15!!!!

I brought copies of everything and they didn't ask for anything!! I couldn't believe that was so simple to get my stamp and feel relieve that I can live, travel and work for another year here.

The bad part is that I asked the lady about processing times and she said that removing conditions (marriage) are taking really long time due to investigation and the estimated processing time now is from 18 to 36 months.... :wacko: I don't know if I should believe that or not.

My case was received and pending since March 2007 and I want to ask some questions and see who can help me:

1.- Is Nebraska interviewing people and that is why is taking so long??

2.- What about rejections? Is Nebraska rejecting applicants??

I send everything they asked for but I am getting concerned.....I have been reading posts about people who were pending in Nebraska for just 6 months and they got the GC...Congrats to all of them by the way.......but what is going on.

Thanks!!!

Why don't you apply for Naturalization? Often times, N-400 will make them adjudicate pending I-751 as some people have reported.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

I don't think I can pledge on other country flag. I am very respectful of others values, laws, faith, etc but I just can't.

Do you know if there is any way to know if cases like mine are been review and just put aside becasue there is something wrong or is just not been review yet.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.