• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
I had hot dogs :star:

Hot dogs are nummy. But I try not to think of what my friend, Al, always said they're made of.... lips and #######. :huh:

Our lamb turned out nummy too! In fact, I have enough left over for my dinner this evening. Hubby is working late so he will just have soup or a smoothie or something. So I have the night off! :dance:

iagree.gif

My #######-a-leekie pie was wonderful. I just make the soup recipe, add carrots as well. Lots of dill...mmmm Then I thickened it and topped it with a puff pastry top. I have NO idea what I'm making tonight. Maybe this should be a leftover night. I have jambalya left over, some gnocci, some #######-a-leekie , maybe some homemade chive and cheddar cornbread with it?

I also think that Crock-Pot's rule! Especially for things you can put together in the morning and come home to at night. I probably don't use it like I should now that I'm not working at all, and have all day to cook. That pork recipe looks very good though Marilyn!

I LOVE hotdogs. I don't care what's in them either! :)

Edited by Carlawarla
carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Country Fried Steak is on the menu tonite..

We found the "meat" on sale last night at the grocery store.. :) So it's on for supper tonite!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We found the "meat" on sale last night at the grocery store.. :) So it's on for supper tonite!

Why is 'meat' in parenthesis !?

We got some veggie burgers, not a big veggie burger fan but it's a different kind - so might try those, or not. We are all but out of vegetables, we have no potatoes, I need ingredients!

Have no car during the day so can't go to the store. hmmmm

Timeline

Why is 'meat' in parenthesis !?

We got some veggie burgers, not a big veggie burger fan but it's a different kind - so might try those, or not. We are all but out of vegetables, we have no potatoes, I need ingredients!

Have no car during the day so can't go to the store. hmmmm

lol.. cause it looks like a steak with the snot pounded out of it! :) I just have never seen meat like that.. we were at the store buying el cheapo "discounted meat" (the ones that are a day shy of expiring) last night and hubby brought over this cut that I didn't recognize.. i asked him what we'd do with it and he told me that you make country fried steak. :P

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

THINK AM GOIN TO MAKE A PORTE CHINOISE ( THINK ITS CALLD SHEPARDS PIE IN ENGLISH ) TONIGHT , AND SOME HOMEMADE BREAD :P:p

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ground beef vegetable soup and cornbread muffins. Been pondering on this all day and with it being so friggin cold outside (not to mention my honey is working tonight) this sounds perfect. It's also good the next day. :D

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
Not sure yet...I have bonesless pork ribs in the freezer, some boneless chuck roast, chicken strips, and hamburger meat. Oh wait, I do have an idea....Cheeseburger Mac, kinda like the Hamburger Helper stuff but homemade. Ground beef, a box of mac n cheese, and a can of cream of mushroom. Yummy! Of course I usually add a bit of minced garlic to mine.

What a great idea! I'm always trying to think of new things to cook for my kids.This sounds like something they will love.

Sometimes I know what I'm having for dinner, sometimes I have to wrack my brain. Tonight I know we are having lamb shank with garlic mashed potatoes and peas. What's everyone else having?

36927.jpg

Thai peanut chicken,basmati rice,and broccoli casserole.

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

I think this is the one....

Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 pound cubed beef stew meat

* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup (I used just plain old cream of mushroom soup)

* 1/2 cup chopped onion

* 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce

* 1/4 cup water

* 1 or 2 tsps of soy sauce (this wasn't in the recipe but I added it)

* 1/2 to 1 garlic clove, chopped (this also wasn't in the recipe but I added it)

* 4 ounces cream cheese

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a slow cooker, combine the meat, soup, onion, Worcestershire sauce and water.

2. Cook on Low setting for 8 hours, or on High setting for about 5 hours. Stir in cream cheese just before serving. It might be kind of runny but once you add the cream cheese it thickens up a bit ...

*you might want to double the recipe :thumbs: YUM!!! YUM!!!!

I believe she also mentioned that she browned the beef a bit first.

Yup, that's the one. I used regular cream of mushroom soup too. Didn't have soy sauce, but I added a bit extra of Worcestershire sauce.

Edited by autumnchik

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Oh yeah and I added sliced mushrooms too. I am a huge mushroom fan :)

Tonight's dinner was: salt and vinegar chips for hubby and chicken noodle soup for me (hubby "cooked" :) According to the doctor, I have a virus (bizarre only symptom is extreme dizziness) ... so I have been in bed all day.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Timeline
Tonight's dinner was: salt and vinegar chips for hubby and chicken noodle soup for me (hubby "cooked" :) According to the doctor, I have a virus (bizarre only symptom is extreme dizziness) ... so I have been in bed all day.

Ew. That tends to make you pretty nauseous, doesn't it? Hope you're feeling better soon. (F) Stick to the chicken soup. It's good for you. :thumbs:

I have no clue what I'm making tonight. I may pick up a pizza. J and I are leaving early in the morning for our drive down to Ft Lauderdale to pick up my sister and BIL from their ship. Then we're staying a few days in Delray Beach before heading back home. Which means he'll be working late to tie up any loose ends at work so the place doesn't fall apart while he's gone. ;) Which means I have no idea when he'll be home. If he comes home late he doesn't like anything heavy, so I'm not about to make something he's not going to eat. Plus I don't want a big mess to clean up because I've got to pack and clean the house so it's nice when we come back and I don't want to stay up late because we have to get up early and we have a bit of a drive so I need to put a small cooler together and..... I don't think the non-cooking spouses have any idea of the thought process which goes into thinking out and preparing meals. :P

ANYHooooo..... they have these excellent new frozen pizzas (can't recall the name of them) which come on a tray which goes straight in the oven..... and the pizza's already sliced. The tray makes the pie all nice and crispy but soft.... just like a real pizza. Yummy in my tummy.

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.