5,101 posts in this topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Timeline
We're having leftovers from last night's supper ... I made crockpot Beef Stroganoff, got it from the Off Topic recipe thread, I think was contributed by Marilyn. It was YUMMY!!!!

Oh really? How did I miss that? Yay Marilyn!

We will have either Chinese or chicken :blink:

Both excellent choices. :thumbs: Though the only Chinese I'll eat now (until we find a good one here somewhere) is back home in Canada. The owner tells me I'm not the only one to make sure I come back to their place after a move. And she always knows what I want. Never have to order. I took my husband this last trip. He loved it. One of my co-workers (it was across the street from my work) would call in her order before heading over. Her name is Linda Nelson. One day she showed me the order receipt when she came back with our orders. It said "Rinda Nelfong". So we always called her that. :lol:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We will have either Chinese or chicken :blink:

Both excellent choices. :thumbs: Though the only Chinese I'll eat now (until we find a good one here somewhere) is back home in Canada. The owner tells me I'm not the only one to make sure I come back to their place after a move. I took my husband this last trip. He loved it.

I haven't found a good Chinese joint here yet.. most of the dishes that I'm used to taste COMPLETELY different..

Don't get me started on the egg rolls here & duck sauce - blech...

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

I recommend this for dinner - see it covers 4 food groups, it says so :hehe:

:lol: I used to LOOOOVE A&W Coney Fries. We used to have one of those drive-up A&W's when I was growing up. It was awesome. When I married and moved to NB, there was a storefront A&W with telephones at each booth. When you were ready to order you picked up the receiver and told them what you wanted. I'm betting the employees got really sick and tired of listening to us say "Hello, Mom? Can I have..... ". :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
We're having leftovers from last night's supper ... I made crockpot Beef Stroganoff, got it from the Off Topic recipe thread, I think was contributed by Marilyn. It was YUMMY!!!!

:thumbs:

the first time I made that it was soo hard to save some for hubby... :blush:

I have a recipe for crock-pot sweet and sour pork that is really good too... :thumbs:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I recommend this for dinner - see it covers 4 food groups, it says so :hehe:

:lol: I used to LOOOOVE A&W Coney Fries. We used to have one of those drive-up A&W's when I was growing up. It was awesome. When I married and moved to NB, there was a storefront A&W with telephones at each booth. When you were ready to order you picked up the receiver and told them what you wanted. I'm betting the employees got really sick and tired of listening to us say "Hello, Mom? Can I have..... ". :lol:

Heyyy let's all go to A&W, foods more fun at A&W - we'll have a mug of root beer or maybe two or three - pick the perfect size from the burger familyyy

Hey! let's all go to A&W - I can taste it now can't youuuu, hop in the car, come as you are to A and Wuuuuuu.

Heyyy let's all go to A&W, foods more fun at A&W - we'll have a mug of root beer or maybe two or three - pick the perfect size from the burger familyyy

Hey! let's all go to A&W - I can taste it now can't youuuu, hop in the car, come as you are to A and Wuuuuuu.

:lol: Well, at least it's not "sad eyes, turn the other way".

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was thinking that while typing it, 'at least it's better than IR5's song' - which is horrible - and I was singing Mandy on and off all day yesterday but I am blocking out sad eyes - egadsssss

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
I LOVE cooking. My husband takes pictures of the dinners I make on his iPhone. Is that weird? lol

Awww. That's so cute! LOL

I have to admit that I'm not that terribly into Mexican food. (Though those tostados do sound good.) My husband and my children love it, though, so I've begun to try things other than quesadillas or corn chips and salsa. I even managed to eat part of a taco salad last week, and I do like chili sometimes. I think it's the fact that I don't really like my food touching each other. :blush:

Cream of leek and asparagus soup sounds good. :thumbs: I made an excellent beef and mushroom soup last night. My husband complained that I didn't make enough.

I used to be like that with the foods touching each other... had to have nice neat little piles of food. I'm just getting into Mexican food. My husband is from California and it's pretty big there...

I cheated with the soup and added canned cream of mushroom soup. I LOVE soup. Beef and mushroom!? That sounds really yummy.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was thinking that while typing it, 'at least it's better than IR5's song' - which is horrible - and I was singing Mandy on and off all day yesterday but I am blocking out sad eyes - egadsssss

Haha! Mandy... that song is a killer - gets stuck in your head forever!

:thumbs:

the first time I made that it was soo hard to save some for hubby... :blush:

I have a recipe for crock-pot sweet and sour pork that is really good too... :thumbs:

I need to get a crock-pot.

I used to work with a guy who had the office across from me. Every once in a while he would pop his head in my door and start singing some song that you love to hate. (Like Sad Eyes) Then he'd walk away with an innocent look and a big grin and I'd have that song stuck in my head forever. :bonk: I really miss that guy. :lol:

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.