Krikit

What's For Dinner?

5,101 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
We had salmon burgers last night (trader joes) and we made a greek salad to go with it :)

I've never had a salmon burger. Sounds like it may be like one of those crabcake sandwiches I had in Maryland. Wish we had a Trader Joe's. I bought the ingredients for a greek salad! Not too sure what I'll have with that yet. Maybe salmon or pork. Or chicken! Chicken rocks. :dance:

iagree.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I posted in the Recipe Thread yesterday, and was hoping someone could have let me know if they had made Gnocchi before. It turned out awesome! No left overs though, so tonight I'm thinking I'll make a #######-a-leekie pie.

I saw your recipe, Carla. It looked fairly easy. I've never made Gnocchi. Oh! A #######-a-leekie pie! I made #######-a-leekie soup the other day!

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We had salmon burgers last night (trader joes) and we made a greek salad to go with it :)

I've never had a salmon burger. Sounds like it may be like one of those crabcake sandwiches I had in Maryland. Wish we had a Trader Joe's. I bought the ingredients for a greek salad! Not too sure what I'll have with that yet. Maybe salmon or pork. Or chicken! Chicken rocks. :dance:

The salmon burgers at Trader Joe's are pretty good.. it's just pressed salmon into the shape of a patty, no fillers or breading.. just salmon.. we like 'em..

I LOVE CHICKEN!!

now my question is what is for dinner tonite??? UGH!!!

I only have fish in the freezer right now... looks like it could be red snapper..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline
I only have fish in the freezer right now... looks like it could be red snapper..

Yum. I love seafood. Except seabass. I find that way too fatty.

hmm never had it..

I can't have mussels.. they make my tummy angry :angry: I LOVE mussels.. :(

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

You people put me to shame :)

It's funny, I actually find it a bit of a chore to make dinner for 3 on a daily basis....and yet i used to work on big projects, with ridiculous deadlines etc....

I have become a lazy unemployed slob :help:

Anyone have this problem?

PS - I have no clue what we're having, but now I'm going to dig around in the freezer

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

You people put me to shame :)

It's funny, I actually find it a bit of a chore to make dinner for 3 on a daily basis....and yet i used to work on big projects, with ridiculous deadlines etc....

I have become a lazy unemployed slob :help:

Anyone have this problem?

PS - I have no clue what we're having, but now I'm going to dig around in the freezer

:lol:

I don't find it a chore. I love to cook. Not every single day, 3 times daily, though. I do like a vacation from it at least once a week. But I find it relaxing. Could be the glass of wine I enjoy while I'm chopping and slicing, though. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Im making Chicken Tostadas tonight.. I roast a chicken, while it cools..saute red onion, green onion, red bell pepper, and jalapenos (I dice up the pickled ones from the jar) and black pepper in a little Olive oil...pull the meat from the chicken and chop or shred (I save the skin and carcass to make stock with)...top the sauted veggies with the chicken and top with cheese, cook together until cheese melts (I have a little Old and a little bit of Monterrey Jack that need to be used up)..top tostada shell with a little salsa, and some shredded lettuce or spinach, top with chicken mixture... sooo good!

Kimmbo (Las Vegas,NV,USA)

Barry (Brampton,ON,CANADA)

Im an American married to a Canadian, I have no kids, yet Im a grandmother, I can pick things up off the floor with my toes

I-130

----------------

Feb/26/07 Sent I-130 (VSC)($190 US)

March/2/07 Rcv'd at VSC

March/5/07 NOA-1

July/23/07 NOA2(147 days)

I-129F

--------------

March/16/07 Sent I-129F (Chicago) ($170 US)

March/21/07 Received in Chicago

March/22/07 NOA-1

April/10/07 Transferred to VSC

April/23/07 Email from USCIS (case pending at VSC)

July/23/07 NOA2(129 days)

July/28/07 Rcv'd at NVC

July/31/07 NVC sent to Montreal

Aug/3/07 Montreal Rcv'd

Aug/8/07 Packet 3 Received

Aug/10/07 Packet 3 Sent

Aug/13/07 Packet 3 Received in Montreal

Oct/17/07 Medical Scheduled (Dr Seiden)

Jan/25/08 INTERVIEW MONTREAL...APPROVED!

Feb/6/08 Montreal sends Visa, finally!

Feb/8/08 Received Visa (14 days)

April/18/08 Moving Day/POE Sarnia

AOS/EAD

--------------

June/21/08 AOS/EAD package sent ($1010)

June/23/08 Received in Chicago

June/30/08 Check cashed

July/01/08 Received NOA's for I-765 & I-485 (dated June 27th)

July/02/08 Touch

July/07/08 Received Biometrics letter (dated July 1st)

July/18/08 Biometrics appt 8am

Aug/30/08 EAD card received (approval dated Aug 26th)

Sept/04/08 Applied for SSN

Sept/15/08 Social Security card received

Jan/23/09 letter received with interview date

March/10/09 INTERVIEW 9:30am...APPROVED!!

March/19/09 Welcome Letter received

March/23/09 GREENCARD RECEIVED, DONE WITH USCIS UNTIL 2019!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Last night I made cream of leek and asparagus soup. I didn't love it but my husband did.

I'm making lamb too Krikit.. Tonight I'm making Lamb stew! I put sweet potatoes in it. After reading all this about cornbread I think I'm gonna make some of that too - just bought cornmeal the other day to make Tamales but found out I need Masa.

Tamales tomorrow night - I have to call my MIL in Cali to get her to coach me through it. I've never made them before.

I LOVE cooking. My husband takes pictures of the dinners I make on his iPhone. Is that weird? lol

Those Tostadas sound goood!

I LOVE cooking. My husband takes pictures of the dinners I make on his iPhone. Is that weird? lol

Awww. That's so cute! LOL

I have to admit that I'm not that terribly into Mexican food. (Though those tostados do sound good.) My husband and my children love it, though, so I've begun to try things other than quesadillas or corn chips and salsa. I even managed to eat part of a taco salad last week, and I do like chili sometimes. I think it's the fact that I don't really like my food touching each other. :blush:

Cream of leek and asparagus soup sounds good. :thumbs: I made an excellent beef and mushroom soup last night. My husband complained that I didn't make enough.

iagree.gif

I don't know yet. I'll have to look in the fridge and see what is there!

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I think it's the fact that I don't really like my food touching each other. :blush:

:whistle:

I don't know what we are having. Did you guys ever shop at m and m meats? Well that is where we get most of our meat now and my Husband did a store run last night so the freezer is full but we are lacking in vegetables.

I think we will be having the m and m stew! Last night we had the m and m pizza! I generally don't cook many processed foods (i'm not a food puritan or anything, I just prefer regular food). They have lots of yummy things, haven't tried them but they sure look good!

The thing I like about their meat is that it is consistently good - generally I just buy like steak, pork chops, some kind of chicken (they have a nice chicken stir fry - just your basic chicken and vegetables - I don't use the sauce).

I don't know what we are having. Did you guys ever shop at m and m meats? Well that is where we get most of our meat now and my Husband did a store run last night so the freezer is full but we are lacking in vegetables.

Hey, you're online! Isn't there an unwritten rule that you're supposed to check into Off Topic first? :whistle:

I've used M&M Meats. I can't remember what I used to buy, though. Something from the frozen section. :lol: I get my meats fresh from the butcher. I like to pick it out myself. :blush:

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey, you're online! Isn't there an unwritten rule that you're supposed to check into Off Topic first? :whistle:

You know I think there is :lol:

I was kind of thinking I should check it out but I saw this dinner thread and had to participate :hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.