• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My wifes away for the next month, so I keep thinks very simple. Chicken breasts, potatoes and vegetables!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure yet...I have bonesless pork ribs in the freezer, some boneless chuck roast, chicken strips, and hamburger meat. Oh wait, I do have an idea....Cheeseburger Mac, kinda like the Hamburger Helper stuff but homemade. Ground beef, a box of mac n cheese, and a can of cream of mushroom. Yummy! Of course I usually add a bit of minced garlic to mine.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

We're having chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, english peas, dinner rolls and corn bread. Yummy!

Here's my K-1 Timeline:

October 2006 - I-129F sent

10/24/2007 - INTERVIEW DATE!!!!!....APPROVED!!

10/30/2007 - Visa in hand!

AOS Timeline:

1/30/08 - Sent AOS pkg Priority Mail with USPS

3/12/08 - Biometrics taken

3/29/08 - EAD and AP in hand for me and my son

5/21/08 - Email-GC on its way!...RFE for my son's application

5/27/08 - GC arrives!!!

7/02/08 - Sons GC arrives!!!

ROC TIMELINE

3/23/10 - ROC sent!

3/29/10 - NOA1

4/22/10 - Biometrics Appt for me and my son

6/30/10 - Email saying card production ordered for me and my son

7/6/10 - Letter in the mail saying cards will arrive within 60 days

7/10/10 - Both cards received!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

One of the things my husband loves is cornbread! I don't think he had ever had any before he met me, but he loves it now, especially the Jiffy kind...cause it has a sweet taste to it.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Not sure yet...I have bonesless pork ribs in the freezer, some boneless chuck roast, chicken strips, and hamburger meat. Oh wait, I do have an idea....Cheeseburger Mac, kinda like the Hamburger Helper stuff but homemade. Ground beef, a box of mac n cheese, and a can of cream of mushroom. Yummy! Of course I usually add a bit of minced garlic to mine.

I make something similar but instead of cream of mushroom soup you add a can of diced Italian tomatoes.. and then you put it in a baking dish and sprinkle some grated cheese on top and bake it until the cheese is melted.... :thumbs:

my hubby likes it...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline

I love chicken. There's so much you can do with it. Never thought of wrapping it in a steak, though. ;)

Marilyn and Karen..... those cheeseburger mac casseroles sound good. Comfort food. I always love that on a cold day.

Hurray for cornbread! One of the many Southern dishes I like.

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I love chicken. There's so much you can do with it. Never thought of wrapping it in a steak, though. ;)

Marilyn and Karen..... those cheeseburger mac casseroles sound good. Comfort food. I always love that on a cold day.

Hurray for cornbread! One of the many Southern dishes I like.

you don't actually wrap it in chicken :P I think it is where you put a shake and bake type coating on the steak....

yeah chicken is great... :thumbs: i will have to go through my recipe book later and find something to do with the chicken breasts...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Tuscan chicken last night with brocoli and tonight will be fish and scallops. Not sure what veggie or how I'll cook it yet...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

I posted in the Recipe Thread yesterday, and was hoping someone could have let me know if they had made Gnocchi before. It turned out awesome! No left overs though, so tonight I'm thinking I'll make a #######-a-leekie pie.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We had salmon burgers last night (trader joes) and we made a greek salad to go with it :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Timeline
I know we're having salmon, but I have no clue what else to have.

mmmmmm. With salmon I usually make one or more of the following:

• asparagus (with or without bearnaise sauce)
  • grilled red, yellow, and green peppers (on the barbie but sometimes on the stove if I don't want to go outside)
  • homemade salsa: corn niblets (drained), grape tomatoes, sweet onion, fresh Italian parsley, fresh lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Sometimes I add black beans (drained and rinsed).
  • garlic or parmesan rice
iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.