Scott & Lai

Is it acceptable for a woman to hit a man?

Double standard..  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable for a woman to hit a man?

• Yes
    • No

58 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
with what?

Shall we put you down as a "yes" vote? :unsure:

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
with what?

Shall we put you down as a "yes" vote? :unsure:

I didn't vote because I think too much.....

Truthfully, my SO is a big guy and so I could probably hit him and it would tickle him. I'd have to hit him with a cast iron skillet for it to mean something. But if I had a son, he could get a spanking for misbehaving seriously....so I could say yes and no.

I guess I would say that I would never hit anyone out of anger. I choose C.

GHANA.GIFBassi and Zainab US1.GIF

I-129F Sent: 6-18-2007

Interview date: 6-24-2008

Pick up Visa: 6-27-2008

Arrive JFK POE: 7-2-2008

Marriage: 7-9-2008

AOS

mailed AOS, EAD, AP: 8-22-2008

NOA AOS, EAD, AP: 8-27-2008

Biometrics: 9-18-2008

AOS Transferred to CSC: 9-25-2008

Requested EAD Expedite: 11-12-2008

EAD Card production ordered: 11-12-2008 changed to 11/17/2008 Why? (I hope it doesn't change every week!)

Received AP: 11/17/2008

Received EAD: 11/22/08 (Praise God!!)

AOS RFE: 1/29/2009

AOS Approved: 3/24/2009

Called USCIS 4/1/2009 told no status change and case not yet reviewed from RFE request.

Received green card: 4/3/2009

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Make that eight now who believe in one-sided domestic violence; still no explanations...

Well, to be fair, you didn't ask them if it was ok for a man to hit a woman. Maybe they would say yes to that too, in which case it wouldn't be a double standard.

I did state in the OP as a given that men shouldn't be hitting women...I didn't think I'd have to ask whether that was ok.

Alright, well still I think you're jumping to a conclusion by saying that these people advocate one-sided "domestic violence". Was the poll limited to romantic relationships?

Is it ok for a woman to hit another woman? A man to hit another man? A woman to slap a man who makes an unwanted sexual advance (not a physical threat, but a harassing comment etc.)?

ETA: I think I know a few women who wouldn't hesitate to punch a guy who said something crass to her. I don't think that means they think it would be ok to go home and kick the ####### out of their husbands!

Good points.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

First, let me say that my ex and I had this discussion BEFORE he assaulted me! And we BOTH agreed that a man should never hit a woman AND that a woman should never hit a man. We agreed that if either of us was to ever feel like we needed to lash out like that with each other, that it would be time to go our separate ways. Well, as you can probably tell by my user id and my timeline, he didn't walk away. By the way, I did have to bite him but that was because at the time he had me pinned on the ground face down with one hand over my mouth and two fingers from his other hand shoved up my nose to stop me from screaming. My biting him gave me the ability to breathe again and scream more. This was before he dragged me out of the apartment from behind and tossed me into the hallway and then jumped on top of me again. That's when my neighbors intervened. (Thank god for them).

So my vote was a resounding NO to the poll. It is NOT okay. Domestic Violence is never okay.

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

LOL...

(Warning: Don't click if you are easily offended by sexual content)

From Atlanta's Public Access...a very graphic, but serious discussion about men and women and sex.

"D##k will make you slap somebody!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

lol

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
It is unacceptable for anyone to hit anyone else. Too much violence in this world.

:thumbs: My sentiments exactly!!

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: Timeline

I voted no. I voted no in both polls, btw. I don't think it's acceptable for anyone to abuse anyone, regardless of gender. I am also voting under the assumption it's unprovoked. Meaning, if someone jumped me in the street, I'd do my best to beat their azz, regardless of gender. I don't think violence is acceptable, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to defend myself against physical attacks.

I wouldn't smack a guy who said summat inappropriate. I'd be more comfortable verbally assaulting him :devil:

There are many women, btw, who are at least 1.5 times bigger than their husbands. As to women being the waify 'weaker sex' in respect to strength, that's not always the case anymore.

Edited by LisaD

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think it's appropriate for a woman to hit a man, except in self-defense, but as the OP said in the first post, such an event was to be considered "disqualified." Other than that, I really don't see why a woman would get a "free pass" to assault a man where a man couldn't do the same to a woman.

I don't buy into the whole "a man is bigger and stronger than a woman" garbage. Height and strength can easily be overcome by speed, leverage and knowledge of your opponent's weak areas. For instance, what man -- from Woody Allen to Arnold Schwarzenegger -- wouldn't be felled by a hard, swift kick to the groin?

There are other vulnerable areas that are simple to hit as well. Kicking someone's shins can cause great and immediate pain. Another fun way to "disable" someone is a hard punch to the nose which usually results in a hefty nosebleed (whether or not the nose itself breaks) and most people tend to panic when seeing their own blood.

Many more "sensitive" areas on the human body exist, of course, but those are some of the easiest, most readily attainable areas to strike. :dance:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Not acceptable....from either gender. Plain and simple. As stated in previous poll topic of same nature.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn