Barbara y Alexis

fast K-1 for my cuban sweetie

34 posts in this topic

Congratulations!

...and I won't ask how you went to Cuba to meet with him... :whistle:

well, you might as well, i had to hand over ticket stubs proving i was there in order to prove we've been together in the last 2 years.

all the advice i've heard says that the USCIS doesn't hand over info to the Treasury Dept, which is the arm of the law that set up the "Trading with the Enemy Act" so i just had to take that on faith.

some other guy on this board tried to say he hadn't been to cuba and it was a hardship because of the law, but they rejected his petition. so then he tried again and had to admit that he lied the first time -- eesh -- but they still let it go forward, so that was lucky for him!

It's relatively easy to get to Cuba anyway - a few extra steps involved, but many people do it.

In the case of Cuba, you have to break laws to follow immigration laws...makes no sense, but meh.

You don't have too, you can always meet in a third country.

keTiiDCjGVo

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am stunned!

i just got an email stating we are approved for the K-1 Fiance Visa!

this is about one week!?!?!?!?!!???!!???!

(California Service Center which supposedly is processing forms from June 2007)

wow!

i am happy!

Big congrats wow, but may I ask, if there was any thing special in your case to get approved that fast :blink: god bless :thumbs:;)(F)

99180719_8335747db9_o.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
from what i have heard the petitions are fast tracked on the USA end because Cubans have to get permission to leave after getting their interview approval and visa and that can take a long time to aquire. I think most of the Cuban k1 filers on VJ end up being 8 to 10 months even though they have a one month NOA2.

Chris

oh gosh, don't scare me like that! first i was holding back my expectations thinking it would be 8-10 months, but now i'm fantasizing about summer vacation together!!!

Back when i filed in July there was a june cuban filer who got his NOA1 to NOA2 approval in one month. They have an interview in Feb 08 and from filing to interview it was 247 days, so the one month NOA2 only gave them a normal 8 to 10 month timeline. You should search on here for other cuban filers timelines. You will see the average time from filing to interview is 8 months. Maybe you will get lucky and it will be about 6 months.

Cuban timeline

Edited by chris4gretchen

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.