fast K-1 for my cuban sweetie

34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow, how do I get my fiance to Cuba - hahaha. Congratulations. I am happy for you (although a bit jealous as well).

I-129F

11/15/2007 = Package sent overnight Fedex to CSC

11/16/2007 = Package arrived at CSC

11/21/2007 = NOA1 (according to www.uscis.gov online case status)

11/26/2007 = Check cashed (YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!!)

11/28/2007 = Touched

11/30/2007 = Rec'd NOA1 hard copy in the mail

12/20/2007 = Touched

12/21/2007 = Touched

03/12/2008 = Touched (due to phone call)

03/24/2008 = NOA2!!!!!!!!!

03/25/2008 = Touched

04/23/2008 = Touched

05/05/2008 = Arrived at Consulate

05/12/2008 = Picked up Packets 3 & 4

06/24/2008 = Interview Date and APPROVAL

07/02/2008 = Picked up Visa at Embassy

07/05/2008 = Arrival in the U.S.!!!!!!!!! Met at POE in ATLANTA

07/06/2008 = Fly back to Salt Lake City Together!!!!

08/06/2008 = MARRIED TODAY!!!

AOS & EAD

08/23/2008 = Package sent via USPS with Signature Confirmation

08/25/2008 = Package arrived in Chicago

08/26/2008 = Check cashed

09/02/2008 = NOA1 for EAD and AOS received in the mail.

4400355_bodyshot_300x400.gif4400923_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
Congratulations! Not sure I agree with the system but I'm glad it benefits you both ^_^

I am a little jealous, but congrats!

Yeah I agree it is totally unfair... Being in Cuba you are left wondering "how can this country, with this feeble economy possibly be a threat to the US???"

my attorney suggested it might have been a "training case" where they picked it to use to train new people.

it was pretty straight ahead, neither of us married before, tho he has a son who will not be coming at this time.

either way, it was incredibly quick. "holy #######" seems to be the common response from people i tell!

peace to all.

Filed: Timeline
Yeah I agree it is totally unfair... Being in Cuba you are left wondering "how can this country, with this feeble economy possibly be a threat to the US???"

Seeing how the US has treated Cuba for so long, I don't think it's unfair at all. When I say it's the least our government can do, I literally mean "the least." Cuba hasn't been a threat since 1962, we need to move past it.

my attorney suggested it might have been a "training case" where they picked it to use to train new people.

He's wrong. Cuban petitions are fast-tracked. Never underestimate the lobbying power of expat Cubans. :)

either way, it was incredibly quick. "holy #######" seems to be the common response from people i tell!

peace to all.

Well at least it's the good kind of "holy #######." :) Best of luck to you both. Let us know when visa is in hand!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

from what i have heard the petitions are fast tracked on the USA end because Cubans have to get permission to leave after getting their interview approval and visa and that can take a long time to aquire. I think most of the Cuban k1 filers on VJ end up being 8 to 10 months even though they have a one month NOA2.

Chris

1_948852256l.jpg

Gretchen montage

Davao July 07

our friendster

08/12/08 AOS sent

08/13/08 AOS received

08/15/08 NOA1 received EAD

08/15/08 NOA1 received AOS

08/19/08 Checks cashed

08/23/08 biometrics appt letter

09/09/08 biometrics

10/27/08 EAD approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Seeing how the US has treated Cuba for so long, I don't think it's unfair at all. When I say it's the least our government can do, I literally mean "the least." Cuba hasn't been a threat since 1962, we need to move past it.

He's wrong. Cuban petitions are fast-tracked. Never underestimate the lobbying power of expat Cubans. :)

peace to all.

Well at least it's the good kind of "holy #######." :) Best of luck to you both. Let us know when visa is in hand!

100% agree. I wish they'd lift all these embargos, too :unsure:

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I did not know that. Wow!

Hey, Kirk, I can get Nadya to Havana, for a price. :lol::jest::lol:

Yeah, this is an actual petition approval. Cubans are automatically fast-tracked. I have to say I'm stunned that it was this fast, the others I've seen have taken about a month. I need to figure out how to get my lady over to Havana. :)

Congratulations to you!!

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

:dance::dance: CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance::dance:

I'm a little jealous too but still happy for you!!! All the best for the rest of your journey and your future together!!!

In every difficulty lies an island of opportunity.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Congratulations!

...and I won't ask how you went to Cuba to meet with him... :whistle:

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, Kirk, I can get Nadya to Havana, for a price. :lol::jest::lol:

I'm listening. :secret::whistle:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Timeline
Congratulations!

well, you might as well, i had to hand over ticket stubs proving i was there in order to prove we've been together in the last 2 years.

all the advice i've heard says that the USCIS doesn't hand over info to the Treasury Dept, which is the arm of the law that set up the "Trading with the Enemy Act" so i just had to take that on faith.

some other guy on this board tried to say he hadn't been to cuba and it was a hardship because of the law, but they rejected his petition. so then he tried again and had to admit that he lied the first time -- eesh -- but they still let it go forward, so that was lucky for him!

Timeline
from what i have heard the petitions are fast tracked on the USA end because Cubans have to get permission to leave after getting their interview approval and visa and that can take a long time to aquire. I think most of the Cuban k1 filers on VJ end up being 8 to 10 months even though they have a one month NOA2.

Chris

oh gosh, don't scare me like that! first i was holding back my expectations thinking it would be 8-10 months, but now i'm fantasizing about summer vacation together!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Congratulations!

well, you might as well, i had to hand over ticket stubs proving i was there in order to prove we've been together in the last 2 years.

all the advice i've heard says that the USCIS doesn't hand over info to the Treasury Dept, which is the arm of the law that set up the "Trading with the Enemy Act" so i just had to take that on faith.

some other guy on this board tried to say he hadn't been to cuba and it was a hardship because of the law, but they rejected his petition. so then he tried again and had to admit that he lied the first time -- eesh -- but they still let it go forward, so that was lucky for him!

It's relatively easy to get to Cuba anyway - a few extra steps involved, but many people do it.

In the case of Cuba, you have to break laws to follow immigration laws...makes no sense, but meh.

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.