The wait after the interview (Manila)

35 posts in this topic

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am replying in defense of the USEM in manila :wacko: <--- that's me Well reason it takes 1 month plus for them to do checks is depends on what they are checking. Say if they want to verify a birth certificate or a marriage liscense they have to contact NSO to release to them a copy of whatever document they need to verify problem it takes about 1 month for NSO to do anythig sometimes LONGER... So on the embassy's side their hands are tied... and also they get the blame for most of the holdups that is beyond their control... other checks i seen are backgroud checks.. if there is a hit returned on one of the background checks they have to wait on the FBI to respond with information and the problem with them is sometimes they will not respond in a timely manner in that the embassy's hands are tied as well so the embassy will take the blame on that as well.... On top of that us embassy manila has a heavy workload to juggle so they get held up backlogged and mistakes happen..... So don't put too much blame on the embassy and look at it objectively... We can only expect perfection from superman we can only hope for perfection in everyone else

That's BullSh#t, they should hurry up and give us what we waited and paid for right away. It's hard enough they make us wait a year after filling for our spouse to be able to reunite with us again. Its not fair I say and am sticking to it!

No offense "luv2uallday".. ^_^

I have alot of experience with the USEM in manila myself... They don't sit 99% of the time sitting and thinking behind their desk thinking ways to screw up your lives. USEM manila is the #1 highest workload of petitions in the whole world... They have the greatest challenge than anyone else to get a decision on hundreds of cases or more a day as fast as possible. I have been there to see the process it's like MCDOnalds but on a goverment scale.. They are asked to do an insurmountable task and do it accurately... I say again when their is doubt or they need to do a check they can only go as fast as the next slowest agency they are waiting on.. US embassy is bottlenecked in so many ways that is beyond their control... So cut them a break... U want to FIND someone to blame? then blame your politicians for keeping USEM manila UNDERSTAFFED... I seen how much workload myself of the consulates have to handle each hour.... They need more staff to handle the work... But they get nothing more cause of beaurocrats but yet you choose to blame the embassy? are they the piniata for all your frustations? your bearocrats hike up your fees to double but yet don't want to take the steps in increasing processing times at the embassy and yet you choose to blame the embassy? I can now for surely see why so many at the embassy are soooooo cynical and frustrated cause those who they are serving don't give them a break for anything.. it's like a child who wants his toy now but can't get it..... I'm not saying the embassy are angels OR perfect by any means I'm just saying that all your waiting (which is hard took 8 months for my wife to get here) is a combination of multiple factors and the embassy is the facade you see but there is so many other processes and agencies behind the embassy that share in the blame... look at things objectively and you will see the truth...

It would be nice if EVERYTHING under the sun was the embassy's fault. It would make life so easy knowing who to blame but the fact is ITS NOT ALL the embassy's fault so if you don't like whats going on how long it takes for you to be with your loved ones THEN WRITE your local congressional theives and tell them to get off their butts in washington and do something about it.... so there I put my whole 2 dollars in have a nice day

There's also the problem of fraud. For example, if a woman (who just happens to be married already) applying for a K-1 VISA has the right connections and a little cash, she can get a new identity and birth certificate in a new name to avoid the delay and expense of getting an annulment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi,

During our interview, pinktulips stated in her letter that her place is far and she is worried the Delbros might not reach her! It was granted and she got her visa after 2-3 days!

In my case, I had to go back Dumaguete for my work so I didnt request for pick up! God Bless!!!

Do u guys think this will be a good reason? MY FIANCEE'S BOSS JUST GAVE HIM 2WEEKS OFF FROM WORK. AND HE HAS TO COMEBACK TO USA WITH US BECAUSE I CANNOT TRAVEL ALONE BECAUSE OUR DAUGHTER IS JUST ONE YEAR OLD + . CANT CARRY HER AND ALL OUR LUGGAGES ALONE :crying::no::P

No, the consular officer will just say, "Why not just stick the kid in a suitcase?" LOL

u]TIMELINE[/u]

Fiancee Visa

May 25 thru June 2, 2007- Marc and Joy meet and spend time in person in Davao, Philippines

June 12, 2007- I-129F mailed to TSC

June 25, 2007- Check cashed

June 25, 2007- NOA1 Receipt date (at CSC)

July 6. 2007- NOA1 hard copy received from CSC

November 6, 2007- NOA2 (Notice date, per website) YES!!!

November 9, 2007- NOA2 Hard copy received

November 29, 2007- Received NVC letter

December 3, 2007- I-129F package received by embassy

Jan. 15-16, 2008 - Early medical at St. Luke's

January 30, 2008- Medical appointment date

February 7, 2008- Embassy interview date

February 11, 2008 - Pick up visa at embassy

February 15, 2008 - Joy and I fly to US together

AOS

March 17, 2008 - Joy and I are married! (YES!!!)

March 18, 2008 - I-485 and I-765 mailed to Chicago

April 2, 2008 - Receipt date for I-485 and I-765

April 24, 2008 - Biometrics appointment

April 24, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

May 2, 2008 - Received notice of transfer to CSC

May 18, 2008 - I-485 touched

June 4, 2008 - Received CRIS e-mail: EAD card production ordered

June 9, 2008 - Received 2nd Notice from CRIS: EAD card production ordered

June 11, 2008 - Received 3rd Notice from CRIS: EAD card production ordered

June 14, 2008 - Received EAD card in mail

July 22, 2008 - Received CRIS e-mail: Letter mailed welcoming new permanent resident

July 26, 2008 - Received letter weloming new permanent residence in mail

July 28, 2008 - Green Card received in mail!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I waited a loooooong time for my visa coz i was put on AR. You can't imagine how stressful it was for me, had to keep calling the embassy every week then became everyday after new year. And the hardest part is the waiting after the interview. Just when you thought that after the interview, the waiting is going to be over - especially if the interview went smoothly. But i guess you can never predict the situation. Every case is different and they do random checks as well. Just hang on, be patient and pray that it will come soon!

AOS TIMELINE:

02.25.2008 Mailed AOS packet

03.04.2008 Check cashed

03.03.2008 NOA dates for I-485, EAD, AP

03.05.2008 Biometrics Appointment notice date

03.19.2008 Biometrics Appointment

03.22.2008 RFE for missing (2) I-864 pages :(

03.24.2008 RFE mailed back

03.31.2008 RFE received and case processing resumed

04.28.2008 AP approval notice (dated 04.25.08)

04.30.2008 EAD approved

05.02.2008 Received AP in mail

05.05.2008 Received EAD in mail

07.10.2008 Received Interview letter

08.15.2008 Interview: Approved

08.26.2008 Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.