Longwait2

The wait after the interview (Manila)

35 posts in this topic

We had to wait a month because my silly baby forgot to get the German police clearance translated and then when she took it back to the embassy the only window open was like window W or something and so it just sat there for a month until the nice lady at 5184 (i think that was the extension) went looking for it for me. Good luck :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

me and my kids received our visas 21 days after the interview. i wondered what took the embassy so long to release the visas since i was told that we were approved right after the interview so my fiance, (my husband now) called USEM and was told that there were tons of workloads to get done and nothing to worry about. after 2 days i got a text from DELBROS that visas were ready for delivery.

so just hang in there, you will receive it soon.

GOD BLESS!

ana

03/24/05 - met online

01/31/06 - met in person

11/09/06 - K1/K2 filed

02/02/07 - NOA2

05/03/07 - medical

05/10/07 - consular interview

06/01/07 - K1/K2 visa received

07/17/07 - US entry - POE - Newark. New Jersey

07/20/07 - marriage

07/28/07 - AOS filed (rejected/new fees)

10/04/07 - appealed for old fees (rejected again)

12/14/07 - 3rd AOS filing

01/29/08 - Biometrics

02/29/08 - AP received

03/03/08 - EAD card received

03/13/08 - AOS interview (Kansas City)

05/20/08 - RFE

09/17/08 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Opss my fiancee now purchased our tickets to USA 10days after interview! :unsure::unsure::crying:

Hello,

Its ok just ask her to bring with her a letter address to the Consul for visa pick, state your reasons why you need to pick it up, just do not mention there due to flight schedule...Good Luck and God Bless!

Cherry&John

Its ok just ask her to bring with her a letter address to the Consul for visa pick, state your reasons why you need to pick it up, just do not mention there due to flight schedule...Good Luck and God Bless!

Cherry&John

If you don't mention about flight.. What else is a good reason?

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Timeline

Hi,

During our interview, pinktulips stated in her letter that her place is far and she is worried the Delbros might not reach her! It was granted and she got her visa after 2-3 days!

In my case, I had to go back Dumaguete for my work so I didnt request for pick up! God Bless!!!

Timeline
Is anyone else waiting for their visa to be processed this long after their interview earlier this month? I called and they said that they just received Cherry's paperwork back yesterday and they are going over it again. I saw the signed paperwork they gave her and it had no further requests for documentation etc. This is just crazy. We even paid for the document review before the interview in advance. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I hope our wait is not as long as yours!!! Hope you hear something soon... :(

Hi Tanjay,

Thanks...If you dont have conflict in your schedule, better request for pick up, just prepare a letter address to the Consul..God Bless to all of us!!!

Timeline
Hi,

During our interview, pinktulips stated in her letter that her place is far and she is worried the Delbros might not reach her! It was granted and she got her visa after 2-3 days!

In my case, I had to go back Dumaguete for my work so I didnt request for pick up! God Bless!!!

Do u guys think this will be a good reason? MY FIANCEE'S BOSS JUST GAVE HIM 2WEEKS OFF FROM WORK. AND HE HAS TO COMEBACK TO USA WITH US BECAUSE I CANNOT TRAVEL ALONE BECAUSE OUR DAUGHTER IS JUST ONE YEAR OLD + . CANT CARRY HER AND ALL OUR LUGGAGES ALONE :crying::no::P

K-1 Visa

2007-06-09>>> Petition Sent to USCIS

2007-11-13>>> NOA1 got from mail

2007-11-05>>> RFE online

2007-11-15>>> Got RFE noticed

2007-11-05>>> USCIS received Additional evidence

2007-12-10>>> APPROVED

2007-12-11>>> Sent to NVC

2007-12-28>>> Packect 3 got in mail

2007-12-31>>> Sent to USE manila

2008-01-02>>> Embassy Received

2008-01-25>>> Got my Packet 4

2008-02-13>>> 1st day of early Medical

2008-02-14>>> 2nd day Early Medical

2008-02-15>>> PRISM counselling/yellow cert. given

2008-02-25>>> Orig. sched for medical

2008-02-28>>> My Honey will arrived from US

2008-03-03>>> Big Day ( Interview date) APPROVED

2008-03-08>>> Visa in Hand

2008-03-13>>> Sched Flight to SFO

2008-05-25>>>Got married

2008-15-08>>>Filed AOS

2008-05-12>>> EAD received

2009-02-02>>>Applied SSN

2009-18-02>>>ssn received

2009-20-02>>> welcome notice received

2009-21-02>>> Green card received

NO AOS INTERVIEW

Timeline
Is anyone else waiting for their visa to be processed this long after their interview earlier this month? I called and they said that they just received Cherry's paperwork back yesterday and they are going over it again. I saw the signed paperwork they gave her and it had no further requests for documentation etc. This is just crazy. We even paid for the document review before the interview in advance. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Looks like you are in "AR prison" (as they call it). It usually takes 4-6 weeks before you can get out of it so you need to be patient and keep on calling USEM for updates. I know that it's unfair that you did everything right and yet it seems not enough for them to approve it right away, but that's how their system goes there.

Good luck!

--Mae

Hello,

Thanks Mae..I hope it wont be that long...I miss my fiancee a lot! sorry for being too mushy!

Looks like you are in "AR prison" (as they call it). It usually takes 4-6 weeks before you can get out of it so you need to be patient and keep on calling USEM for updates. I know that it's unfair that you did everything right and yet it seems not enough for them to approve it right away, but that's how their system goes there.

Good luck!

--Mae

I mean fiance, This is Cherry!!!

Timeline
Hi,

Do u guys think this will be a good reason? MY FIANCEE'S BOSS JUST GAVE HIM 2WEEKS OFF FROM WORK. AND HE HAS TO COMEBACK TO USA WITH US BECAUSE I CANNOT TRAVEL ALONE BECAUSE OUR DAUGHTER IS JUST ONE YEAR OLD + . CANT CARRY HER AND ALL OUR LUGGAGES ALONE :crying::no::P

Hi,

I guess that is very valid considering your situation...There is no harm in trying though...plus, you can state more than 1 reason..It works to others..God Bless!!!

Cherry&John

Timeline
Is anyone else waiting for their visa to be processed this long after their interview earlier this month? I called and they said that they just received Cherry's paperwork back yesterday and they are going over it again. I saw the signed paperwork they gave her and it had no further requests for documentation etc. This is just crazy. We even paid for the document review before the interview in advance. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I had my interview on January 9 but will only get my visa on January 25, Friday tomorrow.

Hello,

congrats girl!!! I wish mine is coming early next week!!! God Bless to all of us

Cherry&John

[MY FIANCEE'S BOSS JUST GAVE HIM 2WEEKS OFF FROM WORK. AND HE HAS TO COMEBACK TO USA WITH US BECAUSE I CANNOT TRAVEL ALONE BECAUSE OUR DAUGHTER IS JUST ONE YEAR OLD + . CANT CARRY HER AND ALL OUR LUGGAGES ALONE :crying::no::P

LMAO!! :) Sounds like my prepared reason.. Actually we have a 2yrs old daughter..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I am replying in defense of the USEM in manila :wacko: <--- that's me Well reason it takes 1 month plus for them to do checks is depends on what they are checking. Say if they want to verify a birth certificate or a marriage liscense they have to contact NSO to release to them a copy of whatever document they need to verify problem it takes about 1 month for NSO to do anythig sometimes LONGER... So on the embassy's side their hands are tied... and also they get the blame for most of the holdups that is beyond their control... other checks i seen are backgroud checks.. if there is a hit returned on one of the background checks they have to wait on the FBI to respond with information and the problem with them is sometimes they will not respond in a timely manner in that the embassy's hands are tied as well so the embassy will take the blame on that as well.... On top of that us embassy manila has a heavy workload to juggle so they get held up backlogged and mistakes happen..... So don't put too much blame on the embassy and look at it objectively... We can only expect perfection from superman we can only hope for perfection in everyone else

That's BullSh#t, they should hurry up and give us what we waited and paid for right away. It's hard enough they make us wait a year after filling for our spouse to be able to reunite with us again. Its not fair I say and am sticking to it!

No offense "luv2uallday".. ^_^

I have alot of experience with the USEM in manila myself... They don't sit 99% of the time sitting and thinking behind their desk thinking ways to screw up your lives. USEM manila is the #1 highest workload of petitions in the whole world... They have the greatest challenge than anyone else to get a decision on hundreds of cases or more a day as fast as possible. I have been there to see the process it's like MCDOnalds but on a goverment scale.. They are asked to do an insurmountable task and do it accurately... I say again when their is doubt or they need to do a check they can only go as fast as the next slowest agency they are waiting on.. US embassy is bottlenecked in so many ways that is beyond their control... So cut them a break... U want to FIND someone to blame? then blame your politicians for keeping USEM manila UNDERSTAFFED... I seen how much workload myself of the consulates have to handle each hour.... They need more staff to handle the work... But they get nothing more cause of beaurocrats but yet you choose to blame the embassy? are they the piniata for all your frustations? your bearocrats hike up your fees to double but yet don't want to take the steps in increasing processing times at the embassy and yet you choose to blame the embassy? I can now for surely see why so many at the embassy are soooooo cynical and frustrated cause those who they are serving don't give them a break for anything.. it's like a child who wants his toy now but can't get it..... I'm not saying the embassy are angels OR perfect by any means I'm just saying that all your waiting (which is hard took 8 months for my wife to get here) is a combination of multiple factors and the embassy is the facade you see but there is so many other processes and agencies behind the embassy that share in the blame... look at things objectively and you will see the truth...

It would be nice if EVERYTHING under the sun was the embassy's fault. It would make life so easy knowing who to blame but the fact is ITS NOT ALL the embassy's fault so if you don't like whats going on how long it takes for you to be with your loved ones THEN WRITE your local congressional theives and tell them to get off their butts in washington and do something about it.... so there I put my whole 2 dollars in have a nice day

Hi,

Thats a very good and valid reason considering the long flight. If its your first time to travel outside the country you may want to include that too . Goodluck!! :)

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Thats a very good and valid reason considering the long flight. If its your first time to travel outside the country you may want to include that too . Goodluck!! :)

Yupz.. I will use that too.. :thumbs:

I really have to accompany the wife going to the US.

REASON: She gets travel sickness, She's traveling with our 2yrs old daughter (You know toddlers act), Luggage etc..

But I still wouldn't buy a a plane ticket before the Interview.. Just wanted to speed up the process and get the VISA asap!!

Once the VISA in hand.. Then we can freely shop around and I can consider are case APPROVE!!

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Timeline
I am replying in defense of the USEM in manila :wacko: <--- that's me Well reason it takes 1 month plus for them to do checks is depends on what they are checking. Say if they want to verify a birth certificate or a marriage liscense they have to contact NSO to release to them a copy of whatever document they need to verify problem it takes about 1 month for NSO to do anythig sometimes LONGER... So on the embassy's side their hands are tied... and also they get the blame for most of the holdups that is beyond their control... other checks i seen are backgroud checks.. if there is a hit returned on one of the background checks they have to wait on the FBI to respond with information and the problem with them is sometimes they will not respond in a timely manner in that the embassy's hands are tied as well so the embassy will take the blame on that as well.... On top of that us embassy manila has a heavy workload to juggle so they get held up backlogged and mistakes happen..... So don't put too much blame on the embassy and look at it objectively... We can only expect perfection from superman we can only hope for perfection in everyone else

That's BullSh#t, they should hurry up and give us what we waited and paid for right away. It's hard enough they make us wait a year after filling for our spouse to be able to reunite with us again. Its not fair I say and am sticking to it!

No offense "luv2uallday".. ^_^

I have alot of experience with the USEM in manila myself... They don't sit 99% of the time sitting and thinking behind their desk thinking ways to screw up your lives. USEM manila is the #1 highest workload of petitions in the whole world... They have the greatest challenge than anyone else to get a decision on hundreds of cases or more a day as fast as po

ssible. I have been there to see the process it's like MCDOnalds but on a goverment scale.. They are asked to do an insurmountable task and do it accurately... I say again when their is doubt or they need to do a check they can only go as fast as the next slowest agency they are waiting on.. US embassy is bottlenecked in so many ways that is beyond their control... So cut them a break... U want to FIND someone to blame? then blame your politicians for keeping USEM manila UNDERSTAFFED... I seen how much workload myself of the consulates have to handle each hour.... They need more staff to handle the work... But they get nothing more cause of beaurocrats but yet you choose to blame the embassy? are they the piniata for all your frustations? your bearocrats hike up your fees to double but yet don't want to take the steps in increasing processing times at the embassy and yet you choose to blame the embassy? I can now for surely see why so many at the embassy are soooooo cynical and frustrated cause those who they are serving don't give them a break for anything.. it's like a child who wants his toy now but can't get it..... I'm not saying the embassy are angels OR perfect by any means I'm just saying that all your waiting (which is hard took 8 months for my wife to get here) is a combination of multiple factors and the embassy is the facade you see but there is so many other processes and agencies behind the embassy that share in the blame... look at things objectively and you will see the truth...

It would be nice if EVERYTHING under the sun was the embassy's fault. It would make life so easy knowing who to blame but the fact is ITS NOT ALL the embassy's fault so if you don't like whats going on how long it takes for you to be with your loved ones THEN WRITE your local congressional theives and tell them to get off their butts in washington and do something about it.... so there I put my whole 2 dollars in have a nice day

Like I said. "This system is so poorly implemented it wreaks of political ineffectiveness mad.gif " They don't give them the means to do their job quickly and effectively.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.