13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello

I got two envelop from NVC. One says I should download the DS 230 and send it to their office ATTN CMR. The 2nd said CHECKLIST and I should mail that one to the same address ATTN DR. They said in the 2nd package I am missing DS 230 MIND YOU THEY SEND ME THE 2 PACKAGES THE SAME DAY. What does this mean. Secondly do I have to send all the original documents and are they going to return it b4 my wife interview. Thirdly, how long does it take to get interview date in Nigeria. Thank you all for your assistance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hello

I got two envelop from NVC. One says I should download the DS 230 and send it to their office ATTN CMR. The 2nd said CHECKLIST and I should mail that one to the same address ATTN DR. They said in the 2nd package I am missing DS 230 MIND YOU THEY SEND ME THE 2 PACKAGES THE SAME DAY. What does this mean. Secondly do I have to send all the original documents and are they going to return it b4 my wife interview. Thirdly, how long does it take to get interview date in Nigeria. Thank you all for your assistance.

Sounds like they took so long getting the DS-230 to you that they also sent a checklist for it. If the checklist is only for the DS-230 - you can ignore it.

Yes, you need to send all the original documents they request, they will return them to your wife at the interview - everything except the police check(s).

I'm not sure how long it takes from completion at NVC to interview in Nigeria.

Your DS-230 packet arrived late..

And the 2nd letter notifying you about your DS-230 missing on their system/not yet received..

No duh.. You just received your DS-230 packet..

Don't worry.. It was their fault.. Mailing problem..

This happened to me on my IV bill..

They sent me a Checklist RFE that I was missing the fee.. But HELLO!! I haven't even received the bill yet..

Edited by Roserick

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Timeline
Your DS-230 packet arrived late..

And the 2nd letter notifying you about your DS-230 missing on their system/not yet received..

No duh.. You just received your DS-230 packet..

Don't worry.. It was their fault.. Mailing problem..

This happened to me on my IV bill..

They sent me a Checklist RFE that I was missing the fee.. But HELLO!! I haven't even received the bill yet..

so to whose ATTN SHOULD I mail it to. the CMR OR DR TAHNKS

so to whose ATTN SHOULD I mail it to. the CMR OR DR TAHNKS

Well you mail it to the return envelope they gave you..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

If this is your first time sending anything to the NVC you should send it to CMR, now if you were responding to the checklist letter you would send it to DR. Hope this helps

CASE COMPLETE (THANK YOU JESUS) December 13, 2007

.....Dont you know that Gods Favor is more precious than Life....

I never would've Made it without You Jesus.....He allows some things to Run there coarse, but have no fear God is in Control......He has the VERY LAST say So and he will perform his word.

Timeline
If this is your first time sending anything to the NVC you should send it to CMR, now if you were responding to the checklist letter you would send it to DR. Hope this helps

This is not my first time they send me envelop for The CMR AND NO envelop for the Dr

This is not my first time they send me envelop for The CMR AND NO envelop for the Dr

Send it to CMR since this is your 1st submission of the DS-230..

Am I right?

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Timeline

They usually dont send envelope for DR, they did not send me one either. So this means that you have already sent everything they requested like passprt, marriage cert, AOS, etc. If you already sent all that withthe exception of the DS-230 you need to return that to ATTN DR so they can review the missing info and therefore complete your case. If you have not sent any of the requested info then you send the DS_230 to ATTN CMR

Edited by I'm Mrs. Akindel

I never would've Made it without You Jesus.....He allows some things to Run there coarse, but have no fear God is in Control......He has the VERY LAST say So and he will perform his word.

Timeline

Send it to CMR since this is your 1st submission of the DS-230..

Am I right?

Yes you are exactly right!!!! As long as he has not sent anything he need to return to ATTN CMR and checklist responses return to DR

Timeline
Thank you all for the assistance I really appreciate it. I pray that through God's favor all your papers will be given speedy attention. I will post my timeline tonight.

Hello and God bless you, i am looking forward to reading your time-line. it took 7 months for our case to receive an interview appt. But I agree with you in prayer that your case will go much faster than that. In Jesus Name Amen.

glitter_maker_12_29_2007_19_54_14_86186.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.