w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Saltwater 'cures kids colds'

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A nasal spray made from Atlantic Ocean seawater eased wintertime cold symptoms faster and slowed cough and cold symptoms from returning among children ages 6 to 10, researchers in Europe reported on Monday.

It may be that the salt water has a simple mechanical effect of clearing mucus, or it could be that trace elements in the water play some more significant role, though the exact reason why such a solution works is not known, said Dr Ivo Slapak and colleagues at the Teaching Hospital of Brno in the Czech Republic.

The study, published in the January issue of the Archives of Otolaryngology, was paid for by Goemar Laboratoires La Madeleine, Saint-Malo, France, which makes Physiomer, the seawater nasal spray used in the investigation.

http://www.news24.com/News24/Technology/Ne...2255881,00.html

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Moisture....the influenza virus apparently doesn't like moisture. Best defense beyond getting flu shots is a warm mist humidifier and run it at night.

Dr. Fancypants

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

When lysing cells it is not uncommon to have a high-salt lysis buffer in order to precipitate all proteins in the cell lysates.

Translation = salt helps precipitate viral proteins on the viral capsule, thusly removing them from an infectuous state along the mucosal lining of the nasal cavity.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
When lysing cells it is not uncommon to have a high-salt lysis buffer in order to precipitate all proteins in the cell lysates.

Translation = salt helps precipitate viral proteins on the viral capsule, thusly removing them from an infectuous state along the mucosal lining of the nasal cavity.

:o Are you one them scientifics?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

:o Are you one them scientifics?

A MAD one buddy!

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Having grown up on the ocean/bay, my family are pretty big believers that salt water can cure just about anything. Think the dad on My Big Fat Greek Wedding and his windex. :D

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

now i know why my mom kept holding my head in the ocean :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
now i know why my mom kept holding my head in the ocean :thumbs:

Ah, yeah, that's the reason. :jest:

canadaC.gif - Derek usaCa.gif- KJ

TIMELINE

Civil Ceremony - 02/19/2005

I-130 Mailed Out - 02/25/2005

I-130 NOA1 - 03/04/2005

I-130 Approved - 04/07/2005

Pay I-864 - 05/13/2005

Return I-864 - 07/22/2005 *We mailed in the wrong birth certificate which led to a month or so delay*

Family Ceremony - 10/22/2005

Interview in Montreal - 12/22/2005

Activate Visa - 12/25/2005

Move to Virginia - 04/06/2006

Mailed I-751 - 11/02/2007

Received in Vermont - 11/05/2007

Check Cashed by VSC - 11/09/2007

Received NOA 1 - 11/10/2007

Biometrics - 01/10/2008

Card production ordered - 09/10/2008

Card received! - 09/17/2008

Now on to citizenship...

Filed: Timeline

I sleep with a warm air humidifier and I don't get sick anymore at all really. Before I did this I would be sick 4-6 times each winter. They're about $50-100 for really good ones but definately worth the investment. If I do get sick I actually snort warm salt water and it clears me right up. I call it nasal irrigation :)

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Have you seen the nose bidet?

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

total believer here..i had an ear issue when i was young in my right ear..almost did not make it into the service due to it....anyway, years later in cancun, i took a dip in the ocean..my first time ever....and got my ear clogged up with water..about 6 hours later..it cleaned and i could hear perfectly...i wne to my doctor..and she refer me for a hearing test..my right ear is better than my left one..and too this day has remained the same

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hmmmmm.....maybe why I can practically hear a pin drop....too many dips in the Caribbean. Interesting theory!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip