jason&Marla

Jamaica -- Phone problems?

81 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Hey all- I just talked to McKoy and he said digicel has been running TV ads that they are coming out with a 1000 minute plan (the C&W plan was 990 minutes) for $1200 a month. So no matter what C&W does next month, we at least know we have an option with digicel!

McKoy and I have talked about buying a new chip so that we can use 2 cards per a month- because 32 hours is more what we are used to talking! If it works, we will save SOOO much money! Just though I'd pass these two thoughts on to everyone!

My SO actually signed up for it today. Its $999 for unlimited calling each month but you have to sign up for the service by Friday at midnight

Digicel Website

Mawnin Marie,

What you have to do by midnight Friday? This is for cell phone right. I can't wait for this to be over and he's here.

Just watch that statement...........there are still LD phone calls. Ironically, it can be just as expensive those first few months he is here. You have to really talk about that and watch the calls.

Would it make you groan to know we are down to roughly just $20 a month in international LD charges now? Hang in there. Your time is coming.

JG,

I told my fiance when he gets here, don't bother with it. Because there will be no long distance on the house phone and no international calling from the cell phone or I'll BRUCK is fingers. You know how much money I'm spending to call you now and then you want to come up and run up my phone bill...that is not going to work.

AMEN TO DAT Lawny!!! :thumbs::thumbs: I just added up all my cell phone bills since Nov 2006 (met Ken)...AT&T has gotten almost $11,000..U.S. of my HARD-EARNED money in the last 14 months (and that's wid 3 months of that blasted rip-hoff Mega-phone)! When Ken gets here dat need fi LACK-HOFF!!! Gwaan ah deh corner store han guh buy a phone cyard!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Mi RAHTIDCLATT, Gill, you made me fall out of my office chair. Marcel and I split the phone bill. We've cut back on talking since the ..cho mi naw cuss no more cut back on the plan from Cable and Wireless...tieefing dutty john'crow dem. We only talk about 1 hour or so a day. I wish he had internet access, but cho...I have warned him 100 times...mi we bruck up im rass if u don't use the minutes i send him through digicel properly. I told him those minutes are to talk to me only...im friend dem can go chuck aff a FLAT bridge.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I wouldn't dare add my bills up, Gill, out of fear. I KNOW the bills were outragous.

I really did almost cry at our first post-US entry phone bill when it was under $100. Now, I do my darndest to remind him to keep those LD calls under $25. He's been really good about it.

And, the longer he is here, the more you find those calls are not even an issue anymore. People drop like flies out of his life.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey all- I just talked to McKoy and he said digicel has been running TV ads that they are coming out with a 1000 minute plan (the C&W plan was 990 minutes) for $1200 a month. So no matter what C&W does next month, we at least know we have an option with digicel!

McKoy and I have talked about buying a new chip so that we can use 2 cards per a month- because 32 hours is more what we are used to talking! If it works, we will save SOOO much money! Just though I'd pass these two thoughts on to everyone!

My SO actually signed up for it today. Its $999 for unlimited calling each month but you have to sign up for the service by Friday at midnight

Digicel Website

Mawnin Marie,

What you have to do by midnight Friday? This is for cell phone right. I can't wait for this to be over and he's here.

Just watch that statement...........there are still LD phone calls. Ironically, it can be just as expensive those first few months he is here. You have to really talk about that and watch the calls.

Would it make you groan to know we are down to roughly just $20 a month in international LD charges now? Hang in there. Your time is coming.

JG,

I told my fiance when he gets here, don't bother with it. Because there will be no long distance on the house phone and no international calling from the cell phone or I'll BRUCK is fingers. You know how much money I'm spending to call you now and then you want to come up and run up my phone bill...that is not going to work.

AMEN TO DAT Lawny!!! :thumbs::thumbs: I just added up all my cell phone bills since Nov 2006 (met Ken)...AT&T has gotten almost $11,000..U.S. of my HARD-EARNED money in the last 14 months (and that's wid 3 months of that blasted rip-hoff Mega-phone)! When Ken gets here dat need fi LACK-HOFF!!! Gwaan ah deh corner store han guh buy a phone cyard!!

Bless-ed,

Gill

Mi RAHTIDCLATT, Gill, you made me fall out of my office chair. Marcel and I split the phone bill. We've cut back on talking since the ..cho mi naw cuss no more cut back on the plan from Cable and Wireless...tieefing dutty john'crow dem. We only talk about 1 hour or so a day. I wish he had internet access, but cho...I have warned him 100 times...mi we bruck up im rass if u don't use the minutes i send him through digicel properly. I told him those minutes are to talk to me only...im friend dem can go chuck aff a FLAT bridge.

:lol::lol::lol: ...oh Lawny, yuh too dyam much!!!

06/08/08- Married my best friend!

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

12/11/08- Package received at USCIS Chicago lockbox

12/19/08- Check cashed by USCIS

12/27/08-Biometrics appt letter recieved

01/05/09- CRIS email notification-I-485 Case transferred to CSC

01/06/09- Biometrics complete

03/02/09- AP received via USPS

03/05/09- EAD received via USPS

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

04/28/09- Received CRIS email 'Welcome Letter' mailed

05/04/2009- Conditional 2 year Green Card received

CF906-K_lg.jpgA heart that loves is 'Forever Young'!CF906-G_lg.jpg

Who JAH bless..no man can curse!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

I wouldn't dare add my bills up, Gill, out of fear. I KNOW the bills were outragous.

I really did almost cry at our first post-US entry phone bill when it was under $100. Now, I do my darndest to remind him to keep those LD calls under $25. He's been really good about it.

And, the longer he is here, the more you find those calls are not even an issue anymore. People drop like flies out of his life.

My first phone bill was $1600...and we decided to never let that happen again. We split it. So, from November to January it's been under $320 (Thank God). I love him and want to hear his voice all the time, but mi baxide...mi caan give dem di whola mi money...if dat happen a street im ago sleep when im reach yah.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Timeline

JG, That is SOOOOO good tuh hear!! I can't wait til I get a phone bill for less than $100. I was adding it up for my interview...just in case they needed an EXACT number!!! Gurl, I dyam near fell off my chair...and then what did I do ...pick up the phone fi tell Ken...mi jus look pon the phone and quitely put it back down!! :lol::lol:

He's good though he usually sends me half of the $$ to pay the bill!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

04/27/09- Received CRIS email - Green Card has been ordered on 4/25/09- Petition Approved!!

Another Proud Jamaican Lioness in a wonderful relationship with her Powerful Jamaican Lion!

JG, That is SOOOOO good tuh hear!! I can't wait til I get a phone bill for less than $100. I was adding it up for my interview...just in case they needed an EXACT number!!! Gurl, I dyam near fell off my chair...and then what did I do ...pick up the phone fi tell Ken...mi jus look pon the phone and quitely put it back down!! :lol::lol:

He's good though he usually sends me half of the $$ to pay the bill!

Gill

Gill,

You got a good man. We also do the same thing. We split the phone bill. My first bill nearli sent me into cardiac arrest though.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bless-ed,

Gill

OMG!! Gill?!!! I just got sick nauceaus(sp) reading this. How did your bills get so high?!

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Bless-ed,

Gill

OMG!! Gill?!!! I just got sick nauceaus(sp) reading this. How did your bills get so high?!

I am actually not sickened by it at all. I would guess I was very near that number. My very first phone bill was almost $3,000. Now, that was after they told me they were giving me rates of around $1.50 per minute when they were really charging $3.99. I called the phone company, hysterical. After about 10 phone calls, they did work it out to what they promised and it dropped considerably. But, still..........That is the day, I called for our 3U.

I used to talk to Andre for hours every day. It all adds up.

Looking back, I hate that we are still digging out of that hole. But, in the end, I would not have changed a thing. I lived for those phone calls.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

Bless-ed,

Gill

I am actually not sickened by it at all. I would guess I was very near that number. My very first phone bill was almost $3,000. Now, that was after they told me they were giving me rates of around $1.50 per minute when they were really charging $3.99. I called the phone company, hysterical. After about 10 phone calls, they did work it out to what they promised and it dropped considerably. But, still..........That is the day, I called for our 3U.

Looking back, I hate that we are still digging out of that hole. But, in the end, I would not have changed a thing. I lived for those phone calls.

That's exactly it Lita!! Ken and myself talk for about 2-3 hours a day! I haven't had a bill under $700 since I met him...my first bill was for $1900 and it has slowly averaged off to around $700.00 per month!

I looked at my first bills as an investment...I neede to make sure he was the 'right' one!! When I got his half of the $$ of the bill...I knew he was!! :luv:

However, that still leads me to understand what these ridiculous phone bills are for now??? I guess just love! He's my best friend and I talk to him about EVERYTHING!!! He actually fell off to sleep pon deh phone last night...ah draw snore inna mi ears han heverything!! :lol::lol: The worst part is I didn't even realize it for probably 20-25 minutes! Like KimKim...I'm a chatterbox!! :lol::lol::yes:

Bless Bless,

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I never want to know how much money I spent calling JA...I'm sure enough to feed a nation.

Thank God Damien isn't a phone person. I purchased lots of phone cards before he came. And my friends gave him a Welcome basket with calling cards inside.....they lasted for the six months until he started working. Once he started working, a few customers tipped him with calling cards...that was great.

The house phone bill is his responsibility...he hates to send money so the bill doesn't get high...

Timeline

I never want to know how much money I spent calling JA...I'm sure enough to feed a nation.

Thank God Damien isn't a phone person. I purchased lots of phone cards before he came. And my friends gave him a Welcome basket with calling cards inside.....they lasted for the six months until he started working. Once he started working, a few customers tipped him with calling cards...that was great.The house phone bill is his responsibility...he hates to send money so the bill doesn't get high...

All of those are great ideas :thumbs: ...good looking out SJB!!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Bless-ed,

Gill

That's exactly it Lita!! Ken and myself talk for about 2-3 hours a day! I haven't had a bill under $700 since I met him...my first bill was for $1900 and it has slowly averaged off to around $700.00 per month!

I looked at my first bills as an investment...I neede to make sure he was the 'right' one!! When I got his half of the $$ of the bill...I knew he was!! :luv:

However, that still leads me to understand what these ridiculous phone bills are for now??? I guess just love! He's my best friend and I talk to him about EVERYTHING!!! He actually fell off to sleep pon deh phone last night...ah draw snore inna mi ears han heverything!! :lol::lol: The worst part is I didn't even realize it for probably 20-25 minutes! Like KimKim...I'm a chatterbox!! :lol::lol::yes:

Bless Bless,

Gill

Gill,

Im a draw snore inna u ears and a waste u minutes, wah mek u nevah bax im through the phone...I've fallen asleep while talking to him plenty of times. We have a date it's from 10pm-11pm...most time I don't even make it past 10:30...snoreeeeeeeeee AN a draw BUNGI

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thank God Damien isn't a phone person. I purchased lots of phone cards before he came. And my friends gave him a Welcome basket with calling cards inside.....they lasted for the six months until he started working. Once he started working, a few customers tipped him with calling cards...that was great.The house phone bill is his responsibility...he hates to send money so the bill doesn't get high...

All of those are great ideas :thumbs: ...good looking out SJB!!

Gill

No problem. I NEVER want to see those high phone bills again. When Damien was in JA...my friends and I knew I had a calling card addiction.

The highest phone bill Damien had to pay was $320 which was the company fault because they didn't bill him international calls for 3 months....he cursed for a whole month...I was shaking my head like I wish I had a $320 when he was in JA...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Oh man now i feel like a slacker or something for how little I talk compared to you all. I mean we talk alot, cause I and he both are chatty, but dang....a girl gotta pay her mortgage first. I guess if i didnt have a lock on my phones I'd be in the same situation as you all. With the phone cards...if i dont have the money then I just cant make the call. We've been doing it like this since we met, so I guess thats how I got used to only talking a few hours a week.

PUSH!: Pray Until Something Happens!

Timeline
Oh man now i feel like a slacker or something for how little I talk compared to you all. I mean we talk alot, cause I and he both are chatty, but dang....a girl gotta pay her mortgage first. I guess if i didnt have a lock on my phones I'd be in the same situation as you all. With the phone cards...if i dont have the money then I just cant make the call. We've been doing it like this since we met, so I guess thats how I got used to only talking a few hours a week.

Lita,

You are just disciplined :no: ...NO SHAME IN THAT GAME Chica!!!! I wish to G-d I was!!

Gill

AOS/EAD/AP Applications

12/08/08- Package mailed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.