stephandmuz

adjustment of status, and vaccines..

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiance goes for his medical and vaccines in a few days. He will be receiving all of his vaccines during the medical. When we go to adjust his status after he enters the states, he will have to get a second series of shots, because he will not have time to get them while in canada, because the interview date is so close.

How will we prove to the doctors in the united states what shots he still will need? Should my fiance ask for a copy of the vaccines that he will receive during the medical, for adjustment of staus?

Thanks

Steph

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Which Dr are you going to? Some of the panel physician's in Canada provide a copy of teh vaccine supplement?

Is he really missing that many? Most folks growing up in Canada have had them all or are maybe missing an adult tetnus or something

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Which Dr are you going to? Some of the panel physician's in Canada provide a copy of teh vaccine supplement?

Is he really missing that many? Most folks growing up in Canada have had them all or are maybe missing an adult tetnus or something

He is from New Zealand, and has had none, zero, zilch. Sounds odd to me too. He will be seeing the doctor in Edmonton.

When the time comes to adjust status, and we need proof of the vaccines that he received...I guess we will just have the docs office fax proof of some sort. I have no idea about any of this stuff, or if we even need proof. It is completely foreign to me. But I decided today that I am no longer going to worry about any of it any longer. We'll cross bridges when we come to them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

He is from New Zealand, and has had none, zero, zilch. Sounds odd to me too. He will be seeing the doctor in Edmonton.

When the time comes to adjust status, and we need proof of the vaccines that he received...I guess we will just have the docs office fax proof of some sort. I have no idea about any of this stuff, or if we even need proof. It is completely foreign to me. But I decided today that I am no longer going to worry about any of it any longer. We'll cross bridges when we come to them.

Where is he from in NZ? I spent about 8 years there, lived in Dunedin for a year and about the same in Wellington, the majority of the time in Auckland though.

I had a little "immunization" booklet given to me by the doctors in Saskatchewan, that lists date, type etc. I brought this booklet to the doctor doing my physical, and he just copied from it for the paperwork. When I came to the US, I again just used that booklet to show the doctor here, so he could fill out the I-693A. I'm sure they'll give him something to show what vacinnations he received.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

from my understanding, he doesn't have to have completed the sequence for all of the vaccinations either - just have had the first one if there are boosters involved. For his own best interest, of course, he will want to get the boosters to complete the sequences. He can always ask at his medical that the doctor tell him what ones require follow up shots and when - then either write it down or have the doctor write it down for his own records to follow up. USCIS doesn't worry about the follow up, apparently.

And yes, I have a vaccination booklet that I used as well.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.