LaL

Real Estate Journey

110 posts in this topic

I dont doubt it was price either. its 5:27 EST and no phone call today either. Shocking. My first reaction to her week later suggestion to lower the price was "aren't you supposed to be reassuring me?" I sure was a bit perplexed zero people went thorugh the 1st week, but expected some kind of sage advice from her. Her gut reaction was to talk price. Doubts have amassed ever since.

Oh I just thought of another item for the "list".

Im taking all your suggestions/insight to heart. My gut tells me to cut and run. I just have to act on it at the right time, and I am thinking its soon.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

In our area an open house is a normal thing often done the first weekend a property is on sale. It isn't a sign of desperation.

In the current market no viewings in a week isn't a bad sign, even here in Portland where prices are still easing up houses are on the market for weeks now before selling, 55 days is the present average on the market. A recent open house at a neighbors property had no-one attend.

You can do some simple research online yourself and see what similar properties are listed at and get a idea if she has over priced yours or not. If you are still unhappy speak to her supervisor at the brokers before jumping ship, that may well resolve your fears without the aggravation of finding someone else to handle the sale.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

hi lal, sorry to bring out an old post, but i was wondering what happened with your house and the realtor.....cause i have a house in another state too and i talked to my realtor today and let her have it cause she wasnt doin her job....how long have you had the house on the market for?

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

Try a new realtor.

Dave Ramsey has an endorsed local provider program. These are real estate agents recommended by him.

http://www.daveramsey.com/sa/realestate/

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

hi lal, sorry to bring out an old post, but i was wondering what happened with your house and the realtor.....cause i have a house in another state too and i talked to my realtor today and let her have it cause she wasnt doin her job....how long have you had the house on the market for?

Aww thanks for the thoughts G4E :). So far we have just kept where we are, but my foot is already out the door. Today (haha) I am going to ride out my contract. Tomorrow, I may feel differently :P.

It has been on the market since Dec 3rd, and has had very very little action. The average time to sell a house in Tampa for my comps is 6 months, so I think I am pseudo-ok (sans showings!!!! :wacko: ) I have read many articles, and been going through the MLS often to gage the market (as best *I* can, a nonprofessional). Very little is moving anywhere in Tampa, and the last article I read indicated there is a market of around 24K and in any one month about 1500 actually sell. Not very many. I have also lowered the price 16K down from where it was originally, and still have a bit more wiggle room where I feel comfortable to go down to. Last week, for the 2nd time on CNN they targeted Tampa as a ####### market and how "no one is buying down there". I nearly shouted at the TV ~ stop discouraging!! :lol:

She will be holding an open house, has now also placed the house on Craig's List, and I have a mock showing going on I think this week. I may get some flack for this, but I have to know if its really the market, or if she is also getting in the way. I am having a friend call her and ask for a showing. She will get back to me on if the call goes to voicemail, how long it takes to get back, schedule the walkthrough, and her knowledge of the home. The outcome of this for me, will really decide if we will continue with her. This will also help me with the condition of the home, as we left it, and we had workers clean it up (pictures look great, but I want a real opinion). Either way, my contract is up in May.

Thanks LS - I will bookmark that link and look into it :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Here is an interesting forum http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/realestate/

1 thing that is extremely important when dealing with realtors or any one in a business transaction is GOOD COMMUNICATION, both ways!! Keep a log of when u try to contact her, and how long it takes for to get back to you. Wil come in handy if you try to break the contract because of her poor service!! When I interview realtors, I'm very up front of what I expect from them! And I always ask for their brokers name and # in case things are not working out well! If your not happy with her services, maybe it is time to have a face to face meeting and let her know, and what she can do to improve her service. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I may get some flack for this, but I have to know if its really the market, or if she is also getting in the way. I am having a friend call her and ask for a showing. She will get back to me on if the call goes to voicemail, how long it takes to get back, schedule the walkthrough, and her knowledge of the home. The outcome of this for me, will really decide if we will continue with her. This will also help me with the condition of the home, as we left it, and we had workers clean it up (pictures look great, but I want a real opinion). Either way, my contract is up in May.

Actually, I think this is a really good idea. You'll either come out of this being able to trust the realtor - or you'll know it's time to move on if the feedback is poor.

• 3 weeks later...

Update - called her early yesterday morning to terminate my contract with her. Got voicemail (as always), left a message. Still waiting to hear back from her. I can't believe she hasn't returned my call so I can fire her! :P

We didnt do the mock showing, as my friend has been sick and the realtor has done more to add to the growing list of "my realtor's ####### service notes"

Filed: Country: England
Timeline
if there are no showings, its a pricing issue.

good luck!

tell that to two of my friends who have had their houses on the market for 6 months and 1 year and have had fewer than a couple of showings each....and BOTH are under market price. Both nice houses, and both of them have only lived in them for less than 2 years.

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Update - called her early yesterday morning to terminate my contract with her. Got voicemail (as always), left a message. Still waiting to hear back from her. I can't believe she hasn't returned my call so I can fire her! :P

We didnt do the mock showing, as my friend has been sick and the realtor has done more to add to the growing list of "my realtor's ####### service notes"

You made the right decision to get rid of her. I am sure, you will find a better realtor.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

Filed: Timeline

good luck!

tell that to two of my friends who have had their houses on the market for 6 months and 1 year and have had fewer than a couple of showings each....and BOTH are under market price. Both nice houses, and both of them have only lived in them for less than 2 years.

I will.

If no one's coming to the house, then the house isn't priced to sell.

In a tough market it's of course hard, but price is the difference between listing and selling.

Of course, take it with a grain of salt, it's my opinion. But if a house is listed and no one's even coming to see it? It's a pricing issue.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

i had 24 showings in 4 months with my house...is that good or bad??? :) no offer though:)

09/13/05 : AOS papers sent to Chicago

10/05/05 : checks cashed

10/05/05 : NOA 1 in the mail yehawwww !!!!!

11/29/05 : AP approoooooved !!!!!

03/06/06 : biometrics appointment

03/07/06 : touched

01/03/07 : interview letter in the mail

02/26/07 : interview finalllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

AAAPPPRRROOOVVVEEEDDD !!!!!!!!!!! STAMP IN THE PASSPORT !!!!

03/06/2007: RECEIVED GREENCARD !!! NO MISTAKES !!!!!

01/27/09 : I-751 package mailed to Vermont

02/05/09 : check cashed

02/09/09 : NOA received

02/21/09 : biometrics letter received

03/07/09 : biometrics appointment

03/09/09 : touched

03/10/09 : touched

06/16/09 : APROVVVVVEEEEEEEED!!!!!!!! letter from USCIS received

06/30/09 : Greencard received!!! NO MISTAKES!!!

04/12/2010 : N-400 package sent...fingers crossed for a fast approval.....

06/07/2010 : Biometrics in Orlando

08/09/2010: Citizenship interview - PASSED!!!!

08/13/2010 : OATH Ceremony - Finally a US citizen and DONE with USCIS!!!!

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

good luck!

I will.

If no one's coming to the house, then the house isn't priced to sell.

In a tough market it's of course hard, but price is the difference between listing and selling.

Of course, take it with a grain of salt, it's my opinion. But if a house is listed and no one's even coming to see it? It's a pricing issue.

I will...

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony