panamania79

What was that special "something"that made you fall in love with your fiance/spouse ?

100 posts in this topic

The fact that he's a psychologist and that he can read my mind and actions :whistle::whistle::whistle: without me saying anything to him.

Seriously speaking, it's his maturity and tenderness that could melt even the hardest stone in this world. Physical appearance, I guess it's his mischievous smile that can make my knees so weak and my heart beat so fast. I love everything about my husband, even his being moody :P .

you are correct sister..psychologist and therapist have the ability to read minds...or convince you that they can

So true Brother Dean :) At least, the convincing you they can part of it! LOL

I am a therapist and I don't think that is what my poor husband would say he loves the most about me ... more like he tolerates the "therapy speak" (as he likes to call it) and just rolls his eyes when I read his mind... LOL!

There is so much I love about him ... but one of my favorites is how sweetly dorky and awkward he can be ... he has a knack for putting his foot in his mouth. First time we met in person, he meant to tell me I was pretty ... instead, what came out of his mouth was, "Wow, you are better than I thought". Gotta love him! I also love that he lets me be as silly and goofy and childlike at times and then goes along with my debating social issues and gets into a good debate with me. And his blue eyes rock!!!

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi intelligence, his quirky sense of humour, his kindness - and they way he totally accepts me as me.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I fell in love with Joy's Smile, sense of humor, the ability to talk with her for hours, her conservative values and her compassion for others, especially for children. (L)

Edited by Don_Joy's Prince

My beloved Joy is here, married and pregnant!

Baby due March 28, 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

As someone once said on Six Feet Under, it's the person who makes you be the most you that you can possibly be. That's how I feel about Charles. I can be myself without judgement, without playing games, just be myself and be accepted the way I am. In other words, he puts up with me and that's all I need :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
As someone once said on Six Feet Under, it's the person who makes you be the most you that you can possibly be. That's how I feel about Charles. I can be myself without judgement, without playing games, just be myself and be accepted the way I am. In other words, he puts up with me and that's all I need :P

yeah same here.... :thumbs:

I have been trying to put it into words but you did it for me :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I totally love Six Feet Under, btw. Didn't know you were also a fan!

But I think that paraphrase up there suggests more that the person pushes you to be better than just yourself, and makes you strive to change. They inspire something great in you, probably while accepting you too.

Not sure I agree with it, but that's what I think it means.

Timeline

But I think that paraphrase up there suggests more that the person pushes you to be better than just yourself, and makes you strive to change. They inspire something great in you, probably while accepting you too.

yeas, the rabbi actually was telling Nate what a soulmate is:

Nate: What is Soul Mate?

Female Rabbi (Ari): A person who makes you be the most you that you possibly be. A person who forces your soul to grow the most.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yeas, the rabbi actually was telling Nate what a soulmate is:

Nate: What is Soul Mate?

Female Rabbi (Ari): A person who makes you be the most you that you possibly be. A person who forces your soul to grow the most.

So isn't accepting your partner for "who they are," nothing more, nothing less, the opposite of making them grow?

Timeline
So isn't accepting your partner for "who they are," nothing more, nothing less, the opposite of making them grow?

Accepting your partner for who they are doesn't stop them from growing.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline
My girl told me that when she first saw me, she thought I was gay...but soon after that, I convinced her otherwise!! :whistle:

She thought you were "Katoey?" Oh no,that's messed up,man. :no:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
My fiance's smile and full lips is what did it for me.

It was a number of things; I could never just pick one thing. I fell in love with my husband because he was a wonderful son, a caring father, loved by his friends, and the best lover in all my life :devil: sorry for being vulgar :blush:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Panama
Timeline

It was a number of things; I could never just pick one thing. I fell in love with my husband because he was a wonderful son, a caring father, loved by his friends, and the best lover in all my life :devil: sorry for being vulgar :blush:

That's not vulgar.If he "rocks your world" that's a good thing. :yes:

May 7,2007-USCIS received I-129f
July 24,2007-NOA1 was received
April 21,2008-K-1 visa denied.
June 3,2008-waiver filed at US Consalate in Panama
The interview went well,they told him it will take another 6 months for them to adjudicate the waiver
March 3,2009-US Consulate claims they have no record of our December visit,nor Manuel's interview
March 27,2009-Manuel returned to the consulate for another interrogation(because they forgot about December's interview),and they were really rude !
April 3,2009-US Counsalate asks for more court documents that no longer exist !
June 1,2009-Manuel and I go back to the US consalate AGAIN to give them a letter from the court in Colon along with documents I already gave them last year.I was surprised to see they had two thick files for his case !

June 15,2010-They called Manuel in to take his fingerprints again,still no decision on his case!
June 22,2010-WAIVER APPROVED at 5:00pm
July 19,2010-VISA IN MANUELITO'S HAND at 3:15pm!
July 25,2010-Manuelito arrives at 9:35pm at Logan Intn'l Airport,Boston,MA
August 5,2010-FINALLY MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 23,2010-Filed for AOS at the International Institute of RI $1400!
December 23,2010-Work authorization received.
January 12,2011-RFE

Timeline

That's not vulgar.If he "rocks your world" that's a good thing. :yes:

and if he knocked her socks off so well that she has to go halfway across town to retriever her socks, even better :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!