w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Nevada surprise: John Edwards gets less than 4% and Ron Paul comes in 2nd!

116 posts in this topic

Are you talking about the 2004 election?

Dems are turning out in record numbers to vote now, I have very little faith a Rep will win in November - he!!, there is no Rep frontrunner! Americans are speaking & the Republican days are numbered.

Thats YOUR opinion Dev. The dems don't have A front runner also. It's neck and neck with Oboma and Clinton.

IMO the reps are going to surprise you this fall if Hill wins the nomination. She is so hated by the reps that we will turn out in record numbers to defeat her. Now if Oboma wins the nomination your probably right, he will win. But thats OK, anyone but Hillary in '08!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Yeah a Clinton nomination will galvanize the base. For all the wrong reasons, of course. I'd much rather see a GOP excited by one of its own candidates. Instead, we're seeing a party divided into little bitty fiefdoms, of which sponsors a candidate and hates all the rest. The only thing that can unify them this year is Hillary.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
Yeah a Clinton nomination will galvanize the base. For all the wrong reasons, of course. I'd much rather see a GOP excited by one of its own candidates. Instead, we're seeing a party divided into little bitty fiefdoms, of which sponsors a candidate and hates all the rest. The only thing that can unify them this year is Hillary.

If voter turnout is high, they (Republicans) don't have enough votes to win in November, no matter how excited they get seeing Hilary's bare ankles. Giuliani would have the best chance of beating her, but none of the other candidates.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

If voter turnout is high, they (Republicans) don't have enough votes to win in November, no matter how excited they get seeing Hilary's bare ankles. Giuliani would have the best chance of beating her, but none of the other candidates.

I disagree.

Timeline

I disagree.

The Hillary haters are loud but I contend that most people's negative impression of her is fuelled by these loud voices. In the final months towards the general election, she could easily squelch those negative impressions of most...at least to the point where her negatives are much less than her opponents. You've got to admit that there is an element of misogyny among the negative feelings aimed at Hillary, that no convincing will change.

I disagree.

The Hillary haters are loud but I contend that most people's negative impression of her is fuelled by these loud voices. In the final months towards the general election, she could easily squelch those negative impressions of most...at least to the point where her negatives are much less than her opponents. You've got to admit that there is an element of misogyny among the negative feelings aimed at Hillary, that no convincing will change.

Some of the most rabid Hillary haters I know (at work) are women. I think you underestimate how many people see her as some kind of leftie satan....

Timeline
Some of the most rabid Hillary haters I know (at work) are women. I think you underestimate how many people see her as some kind of leftie satan....

During the women's suffrage, there were many 'traditional' women who thought those women were rabble rousers...they'd even throw rotten tomatoes at them. I think many underestimate how much misogyny exists in our society...at least towards women who seek out positions of power. I saw a lot of this when Gov. Janet Napolitano (AZ) first ran for office ....she had a lot of haters, but she has since won over many traditional Arizona Republicans. Hillary, like Bill, is more a centrist....it's just that those on the far right think any left of them is too left.

Honestly, I was a lot more comfortable with a Hillary candidacy before she turned herself into a cause celebre for the feminists movement. I don't want a President who thinks she's for womens rights, I want one whos for everyone. All that ####### power talk makes me very uncomfortable about her getting into a position of power. It's not unlike electing a black panther to a position of power.

Timeline
Honestly, I was a lot more comfortable with a Hillary candidacy before she turned herself into a cause celebre for the feminists movement. I don't want a President who thinks she's for womens rights, I want one whos for everyone. All that ####### power talk makes me very uncomfortable about her getting into a position of power. It's not unlike electing a black panther to a position of power.

Bah...all the candidates pander for votes. She's making that a central issue to win over the women's vote. It's all about strategy at this point. The Republicans and Dubbya did that with the evangelicals (abortion and gay marriage). All of this is just politics. The candidate's positions and voting records are what matter most to me.

I work in a building full of union workers. While the union bosses tell them to vote for Hillary almost to a man they say they would stay home if they had to vote for Hillary. To be honest I haven't found anyone that thinks she should be president. And I disagree with Steven about Rudy being the only one that can beat Hillary. McCain is polling very well against her.

Bah...all the candidates pander for votes. She's making that a central issue to win over the women's vote. It's all about strategy at this point. The Republicans and Dubbya did that with the evangelicals (abortion and gay marriage). All of this is just politics. The candidate's positions and voting records are what matter most to me.

Ok. I see it differently. You curry favors with groups and then you have to repay them. All that ####### power debt will have to be repaid.

Timeline
I work in a building full of union workers. While the union bosses tell them to vote for Hillary almost to a man they say they would stay home if they had to vote for Hillary. To be honest I haven't found anyone that thinks she should be president. And I disagree with Steven about Rudy being the only one that can beat Hillary. McCain is polling very well against her.

I realize that, but my argument is that those expressed negative feelings about her really doesn't amount to much, especially once we're heading towards the general election, it may be for many voters which candidate they hate the least. But you know....I think it's kind of funny that we even frame the presidential race on who is likeable. There are some bosses that I've had that I didn't particularly like, but they made great bosses. I really think that whether we like a candidate or not doesn't matter that much in the general election. It does now, when there's more choices, but when we're down to two, very flawed people, making a choice based on how we feel about that candidate means little.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Ok. I see it differently. You curry favors with groups and then you have to repay them. All that ####### power debt will have to be repaid.

What president has ever repaid groups that weren't corporate interests? I think Steven is right.

Re: feminism, I think she's bringing it up to remind people she would be the first president. But still, Mr. Troll, women are more than half the country and we get the short end of the stick a lot of the time. Because we are such a large percentage of the population, the fact that we still don't have equality is outrageous. But still, because we cross every demographic, it would be nearly impossible to "favor" women or pander to them. The idea that she would be able to do that is kind of ridiculous.

Feminism is about women having the same rights and compensation as men, and rights to our own bodies. That's pretty much it.

I realize that, but my argument is that those expressed negative feelings about her really doesn't amount to much, especially once we're heading towards the general election, it may be for many voters which candidate they hate the least. But you know....I think it's kind of funny that we even frame the presidential race on who is likeable. There are some bosses that I've had that I didn't particularly like, but they made great bosses. I really think that whether we like a candidate or not doesn't matter that much in the general election. It does now, when there's more choices, but when we're down to two, very flawed people, making a choice based on how we feel about that candidate means little.

There are a lot of people that vote based on likability. You may not do it but there are enough that hate Hillary so much that they would vote for someone they don't agree with before they could hold their nose and pull the handle for Hillary. Most of the electorate goes from the gut rather than the issues from what I see.

Feminism is about women having the same rights and compensation as men, and rights to our own bodies. That's pretty much it.

Women already have the same rights and the rights to their own bodies.

Same compensation.. I'm not sure what a President can do about that. We're moving towards it, albeit slowly. That's more a matter of corporate culture.