w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Nevada surprise: John Edwards gets less than 4% and Ron Paul comes in 2nd!

116 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
If it's Hillary and she's our next President. I hope that those who hate her will leave her alone. I mean, of course people can and will say what they want, but I hope that rich and powerful Republicans won't be spending millions of dollars on a witch hunt to try to bring her down just because they don't like her. Please, not another Kenneth Starr.

why? haven't people done something similar with gwb?

It's one thing to go after a sitting President for what he's done while in office but we shouldn't be going after them for their past (legally speaking). These candidate's backgrounds and history are thoroughly combed through and I say if they get elected, bury the hatchet. That's what they should do with Hillary, but my hunch is that some of her biggest haters with money and power, have it so in for her, they will dig and dig and dig into her past, trying to get her removed from office. I can almost bet on that.

You mean like what they did with GWB's past? Yeah, peeps left that alone, didn't they? :lol:

Bill's impeachment was bang on accurate. The leader of the free world was caught lying in court under oath! He committed perjury & was also guilty of sexual harassment & discrimination....think about it, Monica got that transfer as a direct result of giving hummers to the Prez....so someone who was actually qualified for the job did NOT get that job because that person wasn't mucking around with the Prez.....it has absolutely nothing to do with his 'private sexual life'. :no:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
If it's Hillary and she's our next President. I hope that those who hate her will leave her alone. I mean, of course people can and will say what they want, but I hope that rich and powerful Republicans won't be spending millions of dollars on a witch hunt to try to bring her down just because they don't like her. Please, not another Kenneth Starr.

It's one thing to go after a sitting President for what he's done while in office but we shouldn't be going after them for their past (legally speaking). These candidate's backgrounds and history are thoroughly combed through and I say if they get elected, bury the hatchet. That's what they should do with Hillary, but my hunch is that some of her biggest haters with money and power, have it so in for her, they will dig and dig and dig into her past, trying to get her removed from office. I can almost bet on that.

oh right, someone should tell those clowns that tried to make an issue of gwb's military service........ :whistle:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline

Wow! Did Edwards not campaign in Nevada? :unsure:

He did. A week or so ago, he was bragging about Nevada being a three-way tie.

The exit poll pundits on cable TV are saying Hillary has successfully turned BO into "the black" candidate. White voters went almost en masse to Hillary. BO is finished. If Hillary hadn't done it, the GOP would have.

Fortunately, McCain did well in SC. At least there might be something electable on the Republican side. I'd vote for him over Hillary any day. And I think a heck of a lot of folks would. If the Republicans want to keep the White House, they ought to really consider ole' John.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

oh right, someone should tell those clowns that tried to make an issue of gwb's military service........ :whistle:

I'm talking about taking Hillary out of office via impeachment or some other legal means (if there is one), just waiting to pounce on any presidential act that she might do that could be made into an impeachable offense because of their hate for her.

(Read above...I said of course people will say what they want about her...that's not what I'm referring to)

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I dunno - if she does get into office I wonder whether she's going to tackle national healthcare again. Given that she took a payoff following the collapse of her original reform plan - I'm not overly confident...

P.S. Extremely questionable war which GWB et al blamed on the intelligence services should be an impeachable offence. F*cking #######... I could care less.

UK MP's have had to resign in the past for affairs they've had that were revealed by tabloid newspapers (or indeed, because they turn out to be gay). Sometimes I think political parties are more concerned with public relations and how things appear, rather than on actually running the country as they're elected to do.

Edited by Number 6

I'm talking about taking Hillary out of office via impeachment or some other legal means (if there is one), just waiting to pounce on any presidential act that she might do that could be made into an impeachable offense because of their hate for her.

(Read above...I said of course people will say what they want about her...that's not what I'm referring to)

We got ourselves into a vicious cycle. It started when Bill Clinton got caught lying under oath and the congress rightfully impeached him. It does not matter what he was lying about but the fact that he raised his hand and swore to tell the truth gave them the legal am moral right to do that. Then GWB and Gore had that very close race that was decided by hanging chads and the Supreme Court. The dems wanted payback and have been gunning for Bush ever since. Now if Clinton gets back into the WH it will be the reps turn for payback. It's a sad state of affairs and the only way to break that cycle is to elect anyone but Clinton. Even Oboma can break that cycle. For the good of the country Clinton should just bow out. She will divide us even further and will not be able to function as an effective president.

Timeline
I dunno - if she does get into office I wonder whether she's going to tackle national healthcare again. Given that she took a payoff following the collapse of her original reform plan - I'm not overly confident...

I think she's going to surprise a lot of her detractors. Again, I'm no fan of Hillary - but there's no denying that she possesses a lot of leadership qualities, is incredibly bright and well read (makes Dubbya look like a 1st Grade drop-out), and has a lot of good ideas that could bring about some significant changes from the current course we're on. Compare that to any of the Republican candidates, and only Giuliani comes close....and even he has his share of character flaws (like claiming he spent more hours on ground zero than anyone else). If it's anybody except Giuliani running up against Hillary in the general election, she's a shoe-in, IMO.

Edited by Mister Fancypants

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think she's going to surprise a lot of her detractors. Again, I'm no fan of Hillary - but there's no denying that she possesses a lot of leadership qualities, is incredibly bright and well read (makes Dubbya look like a 1st Grade drop-out), and has a lot of good ideas that could bring about some significant changes from the current course we're on. Compare that to any of the Republican candidates, and only Giuliani comes close....and even he has his share of character flaws (like claiming he spent more hours on ground zero than anyone else). If it's anybody except Giuliani running up against Hillary in the general election, she's a shoe-in, IMO.

Well I don't think it helps that GWB set the bar so low that microbes could jump over it... After 8 years of that idiot, we need someone who can return a bit of credibility to the office of the president.

At this point, I'd rather throw my lot in with Obama. He is an unknown quantity in a lot of respects - but I really think I know what we'll be getting getting with HC. At this point its the most anarchist thing you can do - take a roll of the dice, rather than stick with the "safe" bet. If indeed, HC can reasonably be described as "safe". This country needs a shakeup.

Timeline
If it's anybody except Giuliani running up against Hillary in the general election, she's a shoe-in, IMO.

You clearly under-estimate the anti Hillary sentiment in the country.

No I don't. Do you know that in '92, Bill won with 46 % percent of the vote? In a two-way, all she needs is the majority of the vote and if she has a good chance of getting that, considering her possible opponents.

Well I don't think it helps that GWB set the bar so low that microbes could jump over it... After 8 years of that idiot, we need someone who can return a bit of credibility to the office of the president.

At this point, I'd rather throw my lot in with Obama. He is an unknown quantity in a lot of respects - but I really think I know what we'll be getting getting with HC. At this point its the most anarchist thing you can do - take a roll of the dice, rather than stick with the "safe" bet. If indeed, HC can reasonably be described as "safe". This country needs a shakeup.

Obama or Edwards would be my preferred choices. I'm just looking ahead and being pragmatic.

If it's anybody except Giuliani running up against Hillary in the general election, she's a shoe-in, IMO.

You clearly under-estimate the anti Hillary sentiment in the country.

No I don't. Do you know that in '92, Bill won with 46 % percent of the vote? In a two-way, all she needs is the majority of the vote and if she has a good chance of getting that, considering her possible opponents.

Isn't that the year Perot was in there and split the rep vote? That is how he won with 46%. Without Perot running Clinton would just be an unknown governor of AR. Lets pray for Bloomburg to get into the race to save us from another Clinton dynasty.