DoctorAlexander

Is a copy of Packet 3 sent to petitioner???

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hello all,

Today I received what I believe is a copy of the Packet 3 which is to be sent to my fiancee prior to the interview. We already know our interview date from calling the embassy and the embassy confirmed that the Packet 3 would reach my fiancee within 3 weeks. It has bee one week since and now I (petitioner) got a Packet 3 in the mail. Is this normal?? Is a copy sent to me as back up, or is this the real thing? :huh:

Also, is it true that visas are issued the same day as the interview? I am sure it depends on each case and the embassy, but we are hoping it will be issued same day or very shortly after so we don't have to make a return trip to the embassy.

Thanks for your help and to all best wishes on your journey... :thumbs:

Counting the days to be with my love...

1095.gif

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Same thing happened to me; apparently they often send it only to the petitioner and not the beneficiary. My fiancee was waiting to get something and got nothing. It makes no sense to me why they would send something from Rio all the way to Boston rather than sending directly to Cuiaba, since it takes 2-3 weeks for anything I send to reach her. Just more mindless bureaucracy. I made a copy of everything they sent me, scanned the important pieces as pdf files, emailed her the pdfs and then mailed the originals to her.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.