Marilyn.

Fast Food DUIs

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Bet those people wont be going back to that McDonalds!

22 Jun 05 - We met in a tiny bar in Williamsburg, Va. (spent all summer together)

27 May 06 - Sasha comes back for a 2nd glorious summer (spent 8 months apart)

01 Jan 07 - Jason travels to Moscow for 2 weeks with Sasha

27 May 07 - Jason again travels to Moscow for 2 weeks of perfection

14 July 07 - I-129F and all related documents sent to VSC

16 July 07 - I-129F delivered to VSC and signed for by P. Novak

20 July 07 - NOA1 issued / receipt number assigned

27 Sep 07 - Jason travels to Moscow to be with Sasha for 2 weeks

28 Nov 07 - NOA2 issued...TOUCHED!...then...APPROVED!!!

01 Dec 07 - NVC receives/assigns case #

04 Dec 07 - NVC sends case to U.S. Embassy Moscow

26 Dec 07 - Jason visits Sasha in Russia for the 4th and final time of 2007 :)

22 Feb 08 - Moscow Interview! (APPROVED!!!)..Yay!

24 Mar 08 - Sasha and Jason reunite in the U.S. :)

31 May 08 - Married

29 Dec 08- Alexander is born

11 Jan 10 - AOS / AP / EAD package sent

19 Jan 10 - AOS NOA1 / AP NOA1 / EAD NOA1

08 Feb 10 - AOS case transferred to CSC

16 Mar 10 - AP received

16 Mar 10 - AOS approved

19 Mar 10 - EAD received

22 Mar 10 - GC received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This is big brother at it's best and wrong. We don't need police spying on us while we make business transactions. You want to catch us DWI, get your lazy rears back on the pubic highways and catch us driving (not ordering food) intoxicated.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

won't they eventually be driving??

it is not like they arrest them or whatever right in the drive-thru line-up.. they pull them over after they leave....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

The DWI laws in Canada are different than here in the US. In Canada you can be busted even for "intent to drive while intoxicated" if a cop sees you with keys in your hand headed toward your car, or if you're passed out in your car in a parking lot. So catching people while they're in the drive-thru is perfectly legal in Canada. They had to drive to get to the drive thru didn't they? If they're driving drunk, they're driving drunk, doesn't matter where they get caught IMO as long as they're taken off the roads!

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
The DWI laws in Canada are different than here in the US. In Canada you can be busted even for "intent to drive while intoxicated" if a cop sees you with keys in your hand headed toward your car, or if you're passed out in your car in a parking lot. So catching people while they're in the drive-thru is perfectly legal in Canada. They had to drive to get to the drive thru didn't they? If they're driving drunk, they're driving drunk, doesn't matter where they get caught IMO as long as they're taken off the roads!

:thumbs:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I don't like this method. It is just another example of the government spying on it's citizens where they should feel safe. If you suspect drunks are hanging out at fast food joints, do it the same way police do here. Park on the public highway and observe them driving in a way indicative of possible intoxication.

it is not like they arrest them or whatever right in the drive-thru line-up.. they pull them over after they leave....

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Canada stinks.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you are in a drive through you are in your car, therefore driving and the cops have every right to arrest you. :thumbs:

I don't like this method. It is just another example of the government spying on it's citizens where they should feel safe. If you suspect drunks are hanging out at fast food joints, do it the same way police do here. Park on the public highway and observe them driving in a way indicative of possible intoxication.

Having lived ten years in London where your every move is on camera I can honestly say I would prefer the cameras. If it catches someone in the act of a mugging, a rape or even a murder (which it HAS done) then it is worth it, imo.

Edited by Mags

Timeline

So should we have cameras in our bedrooms connected to the police station? Just in case someone might decide to enter it at night and rape or murder us? If it could save one life would it be worth it? I know it is extreme but where do we draw the line of being spied on by the government?

Having lived ten years in London where your every move is on camera I can honestly say I would prefer the cameras. If it catches someone in the act of a mugging, a rape or even a murder (which it HAS done) then it is worth it, imo.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Well, that's just a bit silly, don't you think? Public areas I am fine with, I don't see the problem.

So should we have cameras in our bedrooms connected to the police station? Just in case someone might decide to enter it at night and rape or murder us? If it could save one life would it be worth it? I know it is extreme but where do we draw the line of being spied on by the government?

Timeline

Well, dear, Mags, that is why I said, "extreme"! Of course it is silly. People are raped and murdered in hotel rooms, public rest rooms, and so forth. Those are public areas. Why not have cameras there? It could and would save a life! We don't need more prying eyes. there are far too many already.

Well, that's just a bit silly, don't you think? Public areas I am fine with, I don't see the problem.

Jeffery AND Alla.

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Having lost a grandmother to a drunk driver I agree that drinking drivers should be removed from the road - and if they drive through a drive-thru and are drunk - they are drinking and driving - and breaking the law. I never had a problem stopping for the road-side breathayzer exams that happen very regularly on Canadian highways. I am grateful that the police are out there trying to prevent a criminal activity rather than waiting for it to happen and then re-acting. Drinking drivers take away the greatest liberty from far too many people each year - their lives.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I think it is a great idea. As many have said, if they are going through the drive through drunk then they are going to be out on the road drunk. When I went to Canada a few years back they were doing roadside exams. It's the first time I had seen anything like that.