one love

Plz help asap

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I just called state department they said they sent out packet 3 today he has to get and fill out and return to embassey... My question is does he take to embassey after he fills out and wait for interview dat CAN he I mean or he has to dhl it back to embassey???? plz let me know

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I just called state department they said they sent out packet 3 today he has to get and fill out and return to embassey... My question is does he take to embassey after he fills out and wait for interview dat CAN he I mean or he has to dhl it back to embassey???? plz let me know

i guess it would depend on the country ... in maroc ... they have to bring it with them to the interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

In Nigeria I think your fiance can take it back himself. I know of people goign and picking up packets 3 and 4 from the embassy.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

He doesn't take them back until he goes for his interview.

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Timeline
In Nigeria I think your fiance can take it back himself. I know of people goign and picking up packets 3 and 4 from the embassy.

but they sent out packet 3 today i just called yesterday said had loaded in system give aweek>>>> I call today they said sent out packet 3 so ? if he does not recieve soon can he go up there to get they said he has to fill out forms and return it to get packet 4... so even thou they sent out could he still go up there say he wants to pick up 3-4 or should he wait to see if he gets?? you know nigeria!!!! if they sent out how long should he wait??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Now I am confused :wacko:

From what I have read about Nigeria, you go and pick up packet 3 and 4 together. If your husband was just sent packet 3, then he probably has to return the checklist and the DS230 part 1 (instructions will be with the packet) to get the interview date (which is packet 4). All the other forms that he gets with packet 3 are to be taken with him to the interview.

If you want him to go and pick it up, I would do as others have said before, have him go to the embassy with a copy of the NOA2 and letter from NVC and he will be able to pick them up. I would call the embassy first to see if they have sent it out.

Mama to 2 beautiful boys (August 2011 and January 2015)

Click for full timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I personally filled out all of packet 3 and 4.

Find out what forms applicable to K3. Download a copy of the forms (that can be typed into (usually pdf)) type in all of the information and save them as PDF files (even the 156 that needs a bar code) can be saved as a PDF and attach them to an email. That way they look nice and neat and it will save your fiance from manually writting all the information.

Like others have said I would agree with taking the proper documents and picking up. But again, I would send him the packet 3 to take him to the embassy.

It can't hurt.

Edited by We_Destiny

Naturalization

7/14 Mailed Packet

7/19 NOA

8/14 Biometrics

8/17 In line for Interview

Timeline
I personally filled out all of packet 3 and 4.

Find out what forms applicable to K3. Download a copy of the forms (that can be typed into (usually pdf)) type in all of the information and save them as PDF files (even the 156 that needs a bar code) can be saved as a PDF and attach them to an email. That way they look nice and neat and it will save your fiance from manually writting all the information.

Like others have said I would agree with taking the proper documents and picking up. But again, I would send him the packet 3 to take him to the embassy.

It can't hurt.

where will i found this at

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi DJ

I thought the packages are sent from the Embassy. The state department only upload the information to the embassy and the hard copies sent from NVC. Are you sure the state department said they sent the package to your SO? That is kind of confusing. So I can understand your frustration.

I know that the DOS can give you the interview date once it's received at Lagos. From my experience, I called DOS and they gave me Hakeem interview date, only because the "hard copy" had been received from NVC in Lagos. Shortly after they gave me the interview date I received an email from the Embassy in Lagos stating the packages were ready for pickup and stating his interview date.

The embassy in Lagos are the only one that can schedule an interview.

Hope that helps.

"Patience is the virtue"

Constance

06/13/07 - Sent I-129F

06/14/07 - VSC received petition

06/15/07 - NOA1

06/19/07 - Check cashed EAC # on back of canceled check

06/20/07 - NOA1 Hard Copy received

11/15/07 - NOA2 Approved (no email/no touches)

11/16/07 - Touched

11/26/07 - Called 202-663-1225 Given Case number and petition is loaded (electronically submitted to Lagos)

11/21/07 - NVC mailed to Lagos DHL

11/27/07 - Arrived Lagos Consulate (signed by Godwin)

12/06/07 - Received interview date from State Department (202) 663-1225

12/12/07 - Email from Lagos Embassy packets ready for pickup

01/16/08 - Hakeem picked up packets

02/06/08 - Interview scheduled in Lagos

Timeline
Hi DJ

I thought the packages are sent from the Embassy. The state department only upload the information to the embassy and the hard copies sent from NVC. Are you sure the state department said they sent the package to your SO? That is kind of confusing. So I can understand your frustration.

I know that the DOS can give you the interview date once it's received at Lagos. From my experience, I called DOS and they gave me Hakeem interview date, only because the "hard copy" had been received from NVC in Lagos. Shortly after they gave me the interview date I received an email from the Embassy in Lagos stating the packages were ready for pickup and stating his interview date.

Hope that helps.

"Patience is the virtue"

Constance

ok yesterday i calles state department remember they said it showed uploaded in system emabssey recieved 11/15/08 ok now i called today the man said lagos embassey had sent packet 3 to SO 01/18/2008 he is to fill out part of it and return to embassey then they will give him packet 4 this is waht i was told.. so wht part of 3 does he fill out and take pack to them does he need to hand carry it or mail it dhl?/ they are movin fast

Hi DJ

Hope that helps.

"Patience is the virtue"

Constance

ok yesterday i calles state department remember they said it showed uploaded in system emabssey recieved 11/15/08 ok now i called today the man said lagos embassey had sent packet 3 to SO 01/18/2008 he is to fill out part of it and return to embassey then they will give him packet 4 this is waht i was told.. so wht part of 3 does he fill out and take pack to them does he need to hand carry it or mail it dhl?/ they are movin fast

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hello one_love,

I'm a K1 filer, my fiance went to the embassy on Tuesday, January 15, 2007 with a copy of NOA2, letter from NVC and his passport. They gave him both packets 3, 4 and his interview date. Packets 3 & 4, he will take back with him on his interview date. I called the State Department as well, they told me that my fiance could not go and pick-up his packets, that we would have to be patient until they were mailed to his home address, which I found out from several people here that's wasn't true.

Hope this help

Good luck1

Diane

Timeline
hello one_love,

I'm a K1 filer, my fiance went to the embassy on Tuesday, January 15, 2007 with a copy of NOA2, letter from NVC and his passport. They gave him both packets 3, 4 and his interview date. Packets 3 & 4, he will take back with him on his interview date. I called the State Department as well, they told me that my fiance could not go and pick-up his packets, that we would have to be patient until they were mailed to his home address, which I found out from several people here that's wasn't true.

Hope this help

Good luck1

i think K3 done a little diffrent they i only spoke to state department so maybe they give me wrong info.. about all, but said in there sysem it shows hs packet 3 went out to his home today his to fill out some of it and return and pick up packet 4

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.