Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Children over 21

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Country: England

Hi Everyone, I'm new to this, so bear with me!!

My mother first sponsored us back in Mar 2000, to bring myself, my wife and two children to the US. We received notice that we were 'cleared' in March 2003.

Now, in the meantime, it has taken up until now Jan 2008 to receive the letter to return our birth/marriage certificates etc to the Visa centre, with the DS-230 forms.

Our problem is that in the LONG wait, our children have passed the age of 21. We understand they can't emigrate with us (massive heartache - they're both at home and single), but does anyone know how long it takes to get them over?

Surely the majority of the paperwork is done, as we had 'clearance' for them in Mar 2003 when they were way under 21.

Please help!

Many Thanks

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 - 9 years if they remain unmarried.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Timeline

Hey, take it easy, guys, I'm not talking bout illegal stay here. All I'm asking is if there's way to file a I-130 petition for him and a way for him to wait here in the States... If it's reasonable, of course he'll go home when he's visitor visa is going down for him.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines

Talk to a good immigration attorney. There are provisions for children to ensure they do not "Age Out" while waiting in queue. Now, I don't know if those apply in your case, but a good immigration attorney would.

Best of Luck,


Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...