sweetlove

CHECKLIST FOR K3 INTERVIEW

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Happy new year to vj family. sub-African region especially.

please could someone has gone through k3 interview in laagos U.s embassy list for me the documents I am to send my

husabnd for his visa interview coming on soon in Lagos Nigeria?

Please I need the ones to send as original and the ones to be copied?

I realy appreciate ur response to the question.

The type of visa wishingto apply for is K3 visa in lagos naija.

please make it detailed.

have a wonderful day.

sweetlove,

Edited by sweetlove

My husband had K3 interview in Lagos. I will tell you what I did:

As far as originals go he will need the original I-134 Affidavit of Support and it needs to be notarized

the past 3 years tax returns and W2 or you can get tax transcripts from the IRS they are free and won't have to include W2s, a letter from your employer stating how much money you make a year, if you are full or part-time, your occupation if your job is temporary or permanent all this needs to be on company letterhead. You can also send bank account information like a letter from your bank about your deposits through the year and you have an open account with them and it is in good standing but this is only optional if you meet 125% Poverty Guideline.

He will need the original marriage certificate.

He took emails from me to him and him to me, yahoo chat logs, lot of pictures of us and me with his family, PHONE BILLS or PHONE LOGS they are very important, letters and cards we had sent to each other that are in the original envelope with the postmarks on them. I sent him a copy of the whole petition I submitted and all the approval letters from the USCIS and the NVC just any and everything that had to do with both of us showing that we were having communication after the marriage. The CO didnot ask for all this stuff but you never know what they will ask for and it is best to be on the safe side. If you have any more questions just PM me. Good LUCk and Welcome to VJ! :thumbs:

Amy & Ola

LOVE is in your heart not to stay, but to be shared

I-130

2006-Met Online!

3/2/07-Married in Lagos!

3/12/07- Mailed I-130 to CSC

3/19/07-CSC received application

3/23/07-Received NOA-1 in mail from CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-APPROVAL-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

K-3

3/?/07-Mailed I-129F to Chicago

4/9/07-Received at Chicago

4/11/07-Recieved NOA-1 Case being transferred to CSC

4/25/07-Received NOA-1 Case at CSC

5/31/07-Touched!

7/30/07-Touched!

7/31/07-Touched!- Could this be a sign?God I hope so!

8/01/07-Approval-via USCIS email!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8/06/07-Received hardcopy NOA-2 in mail from CSC

8/29/07-Called NVC was told my petition was sent to Lagos Cons. Aug.22, 2007 got my case #

8/31/07-Received NVC Approval Letter in the Mail

9/4/07-Husband picked up packets 3 and 4-Interview Date Set for Oct.31st, 2007!

10/31/07-K3 Interview-APPROVED!!!!!!

11/06/07-Pick up Visa

11/10/07-POE Atlanta

AOS JOURNEY

12/21/07-Mailed AOS to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

12/23/07-Chicago Lockbox received AOS and EAD petition

01/04/08-NOA1 received for AOS and EAD via mail

01/29/08-Biometrics!

02/19/08-Touched! EAD Card Production Ordered

02/26/08-Email from CRIS EAD Approval Letter sent out

02/27/08-EAD Card received in mail

02/28/08-Applied for SS#

03/01/08-Received AOS Appt. Letter in Mail(No touches or emails on this case)

04/29/08-AOS Interview! Approved!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.