~Laura and Nick~

Vaccinations

21 posts in this topic

Hey gang :blush::blink:

I'm going to my doctors on the 30th for the dreaded physical...(eeek)

and I want to get any vaccines I need.

I found my yellow immunization record and I have had shots for

Pertussis, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella.

I see a "TB Skin Test and Result" on there but there is no check mark beside it.

Also...All of these were given in 1986 and under. I believe I've had more shots since 1986 in school and what not and my doctor should have record of that in my file(I believe)

Should I just get the whole lot again when I go on the 30th just to be safe?

I also know I got the Hep B vaccine when I was in high school in 1996.

Hope you guys all had a great day :)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Laura,

I'm not sure what the criteria is where you live but here they won't give you vaccinations here unless you can prove that you haven't had them, for instance you can't just request, say, chickenpox.

That would of course involve getting a titre test.

I would present the card you have and anything your doctor can give you and you should be covered. Your tetanus shot must have been given in the last 10 years by the way, so since it has been longer than 10 you should go ahead and get a booster.

Edited by trailmix

Hi Laura,

I'm not sure what the criteria is where you live but here they won't give you vaccinations here unless you can prove that you haven't had them, for instance you can't just request, say, chickenpox.

That would of course involve getting a titre test.

I would present the card you have and anything your doctor can give you and you should be covered. Your tetanus shot must have been given in the last 10 years by the way, so since it has been longer than 10 you should go ahead and get a booster.

Thanks Trailmix :)

I had chickenpox as a child.

When I called to make the appointment I asked about getting an update on my vaccine's cause I'm moving. The nurse said it would be no problem to take a look and get some boosters if need be.

I'll take my card and see what my family doctor says. I'll definitely get a booster for the tetanus.

Thanks sweetie :)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Other Timeline

If you've already been vaccinated there is no need to have them done again, except possibly a Tetanus booster if its been 10 years or more since your last one.

All Canadian children who attend school have to by law have vaccinations so they can go to school, so you don't need to get them again for immigration. Just show proof that you've had them, and if you no longer have the record, have your doctor's office draw blood for titres instead. So much easier on the body than getting additional vaccinations that you don't need.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
All Canadian children who attend school have to by law have vaccinations so they can go to school, so you don't need to get them again for immigration. Just show proof that you've had them, and if you no longer have the record, have your doctor's office draw blood for titres instead. So much easier on the body than getting additional vaccinations that you don't need.

Not necessarily true. My SO went to school in BC and never had her boosters/vaccinations during her teen years. She just had them yesterday.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Get any vaccinations done by your own doctor, then they're probably covered. Don't get them from the civil surgeon that's doing the physical for your immigration. Bring a list of vaccinations required for immigration to your doctor. Think you can download the required ones here. (The list, not the vaccinations! haha)

carlahmsb4.gif

Get any vaccinations done by your own doctor, then they're probably covered. Don't get them from the civil surgeon that's doing the physical for your immigration. Bring a list of vaccinations required for immigration to your doctor. Think you can download the required ones here. (The list, not the vaccinations! haha)

Thanks everyone!

Carla, that's exactly what I'm planning on doing :)

I'm going on the 30th of this month so I'll just take a list.

You guys are great!

Hugs :)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

If you haven't had a tetanus in 10 years get one. That is one of the requirements as well.

Thanks love, you are a doll! :)

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

cost me $125 for the chickenpox shot even though ive already had it.. just had no proof.

AOS Timeline

12/05/2007 - Mailed AOS package

07/03/2008 - Received Welcome Letter and Green Card in Mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
cost me $125 for the chickenpox shot even though ive already had it.. just had no proof.

Wow! That's supposed to be the one you can just say verbally that you have already had! Husband did have a tetanus, for $30 - at the regular clinic they were only going to charge him $15 (so it's not covered in Alberta in this case). They are still holding his titre hostage at that clinic, he has to actually go and see the guy to get it released - visit 7 I believe - how silly. The thing is if he doesn't actually see the guy they can't charge the govt for an appointment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh ya speaking of money and costs, my doctor told me that it would cost me over 100.00 for the tetanus shot. So I called up my local health centre and they gave me the shot free of charge, and they also make sure you are up to date with everything. It was like the "one spot shot stop". Try saying that three times fast. ;)

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

you can get titer tests to find out if you had the shots and for proof if you don't have the proof...

also the card you have that shows what shots you have had is proof that you have had th shots... I remember when I called to schedule my appointment I asked if the card was good enough proof and the lady said yes....

and remember the immunizations you need depends on your age....

if you are between 18-64 you only need:

a) Tetanus Diphtheria (Td)

b ) MMR Combination Vaccine for:

* Mumps

* Measles

* German Measles (Rubella)

c) Chickenpox (Varicella)

d) Hepatitis B (For ages 19 and under.)

e) Influenza (Age 50 and above.)

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm

mvSuprise-hug.gif

you can get titer tests to find out if you had the shots and for proof if you don't have the proof...

also the card you have that shows what shots you have had is proof that you have had th shots... I remember when I called to schedule my appointment I asked if the card was good enough proof and the lady said yes....

and remember the immunizations you need depends on your age....

if you are between 18-64 you only need:

a) Tetanus Diphtheria (Td)

b ) MMR Combination Vaccine for:

* Mumps

* Measles

* German Measles (Rubella)

c) Chickenpox (Varicella)

d) Hepatitis B (For ages 19 and under.)

e) Influenza (Age 50 and above.)

http://www.panelphysicians.com/Pages/Immunizations.htm

Marilyn, thank you for the information. You rock!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Here's my experience with vaccinations ... I went to my family doctor in early December and told her I wanted a titres test for U.S. Immigration purposes. I brought the list that Marilyn posted and she copied that list onto the blood work request form. She sent me off to the lab to have the blood withdrawn, but not until she charged me $40 for the doctor's appointment because she said OHIP wouldn't cover the appointment, though they would cover the blood test. (I don't understand that.) Results took a month. I've been told verbally that I'm ok for all immunizations and I just need to go down and pick up the paperwork.

Another thing to check off! :)

Karen

N-400

02/08/12 - Mailed N-400

02/14/12 - NOA

03/02/12 - Biometrics Letter

03/22/12 - Biometrics

04/09/12 - Interview Notice

05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.