Amby

What are your plans for New Years?

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
OT warning:

Marlyn, is there a secret to pizza dough? When I make it, it's ok, but it doesn't ever quite taste 'right'. My husband loves home made pizza because of the wonderful toppings but he sometimes makes faces at the crust :P Any dough advice would be appreciated.

Back on topic

No idea, but I am doing a hike and BBQ on New Year's day.

I make my pizza dough in the bread machine ... I found a great recipe that works every time...

Easy Pizza Dough for Bread Machine

1 cup water ( I usually use beer instead of water)

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

3/4 teaspoon salt

3 cups bread flour (I use half bread flour and half regular flour)

2 teaspoons sugar

1 teaspoon highly active dry yeast

2 teaspoons dried herbs (basil, rosemary, oregano, parsley, etc.) (optional)

1. Add ingredients to pan in order listed, set bread machine on"dough" and walk away. (Once the dough has started mixing, check it and you might need to add some extra water until the dough is a bit sticky to the touch... )

2. After the cycle is completed, lightly coat dough ball in flour and roll or slap out to desired size. (I like to remove dough from pan and lightly coat with olive oil and then let the dough rest for about 20 minutes or so and then roll out and place on pan and I bake the dough for about 5 minutes or so before adding the toppings.... the precooking thing all depends on how thin you roll out the dough))

3. Top with desired sauce, cheeses, meats and/or veggies and bake at 400° until cheese is golden brown.

4. Will make a 9-10" pizza of average thickness, or a 13-14" thin crust pizza.

5. For best results, bake on a preheated baking stone sprinkled with corn meal.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I'm going to drink A LOT......of sparkling cider.

Hubby has to work, but maybe we'll find something special to do downtown when he's done.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

No drinking for me this year :( Hubby is happy that I will be the designated driver. His buddy is visiting from Canada, we are planning on going out with friends, having dinner and maybe some dancing.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
that sounds like fun. having a nice dinner in sf?

Hopefully, but the specifics for SF haven't been worked out yet.

Scott - So. California, Lai - Hong Kong

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fagm.gif3dflagsdotcom_chchk_2fagm.gif

Our timeline:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=1032

Our Photos

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/I.jsp?c=7mj8fg...=0&y=x7fhak

http://www.amazon.ofoto.com/BrowsePhotos.j...z8zadq&Ux=1

Optimist: "The glass is half full."

Pessimist: "The glass is half empty."

Scott: "I didn't order this!!!"

"Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God." - Ruth 1:16

"Losing faith in Humanity, one person at a time."

"Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, who cannot save." - Ps 146:3

cool.gif

IMG_6283c.jpg

Vicky >^..^< She came, she loved, and was loved. 1989-07/07/2007

For the second year in a row we will be chaperoning the New Year's eve party of our church's youth group :wacko: But this year, I don't plan on sleeping over. We will be go home to our nice, warm bed.

08/17/08: Mailed N400 to TSC

08/19/08: USPS attempted delivery

08/20/08: TSC received N400

08/21/08: TSC cashed check

09/02/08: Received NOA...........Priority date: 08/20/08

..............................................Notice date : 08/22/08

09/02/08: Received Biometrics Notification

09/18/08: Biometrics completed - Charlotte DO

10/24/08: Received Interview Letter

12/08/08: Interview @ 1:00pm. APPROVED!

01/05/09: Oath Ceremony 10:00AM. Now officially a USC!!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

01/17/09: Applied for US Passport and passport card

01/28/09: Received US Passport

01/29/09: Received US passport card

01/29/09: Received naturalization certificate back from passport office

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
Neil likes chicken and sweetcorn pizza. Apparently it's an American pizza. He found out when he moved here that it was not :lol:

haha i remember seeing corn topping for pizza on every menu in london. they certainly had some odd combinations that do probably seem american to them! lol

OT warning:

Marlyn, is there a secret to pizza dough? When I make it, it's ok, but it doesn't ever quite taste 'right'. My husband loves home made pizza because of the wonderful toppings but he sometimes makes faces at the crust :P Any dough advice would be appreciated.

Back on topic

No idea, but I am doing a hike and BBQ on New Year's day.

try the "best recipe" by cooks illustrated pizza dough recipe. i just tried it a few weeks ago and was very impressed!!!

oh and for NYE we're probably going to a big party in los angeles with lots of DJs and fun...then getting a hotel afterward. i would have had to work until 1-2am if i didn't quit my job recently. *whew*! ;)

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We're going to First Night celebrations in Boston this year! So we'll be out in the night air trying to get ourselves on TV!! The crazy thing is last year hubby (then fiancée) and I watched it on TV and I remember thinking.. man.. how great it would be to BE THERE!! :) I'm really excited about getting out there!!! :dance:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We're going to First Night celebrations in Boston this year! So we'll be out in the night air trying to get ourselves on TV!! The crazy thing is last year hubby (then fiancée) and I watched it on TV and I remember thinking.. man.. how great it would be to BE THERE!! :) I'm really excited about getting out there!!! :dance:

Have fun! Don't miss the ice sculptures on the Common!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have fun! Don't miss the ice sculptures on the Common!

Thanks! I've been looking at that online as well!! Hubby's never been to Boston before so I can't wait to show him around!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

We're going to a "Bowling Extravaganza" at the Milford Lanes with some friends. Unlimited bowling and a free hot buffet, plus a glass or two of champagne. We're all super-sucky bowlers, but that's part of the fun for us.

Can I just say that every time we have to go to Milford, my husband starts snickering and asking me what the older ladies are like there? It's a joke that NEVER gets tired for him. :wacko:

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline
For the second year in a row we will be chaperoning the New Year's eve party of our church's youth group :wacko: But this year, I don't plan on sleeping over. We will be go home to our nice, warm bed.

I did that 4 or 5yrs about with my aunt and uncle and it was fun. We didn't stay the night though I think I would have went mad!

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

So Marilyn. Do you put the cheese on top of your ingredients?

I make homemade pizza all the time. They love it. It just taste so much better when its homemade. I find in the pizza stores here they put the cheese under the ingredients. Thats weird to me. Cheese is suppose to be on top :thumbs:

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
So Marilyn. Do you put the cheese on top of your ingredients?

I make homemade pizza all the time. They love it. It just taste so much better when its homemade. I find in the pizza stores here they put the cheese under the ingredients. Thats weird to me. Cheese is suppose to be on top :thumbs:

of course you put the cheese on top... although I do put a bit of cheese on the bottom...

mvSuprise-hug.gif