Brankster

Had to leave the country asap

67 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

They were told that at a consulate, which is not a USCIS office, but a Department of State office - if they fee is to be changed, they will change the forms.

:whistle:

What if it has went up like they were told at USCIS office? :whistle:

With the CR-1 will i still need to adjust status or will this change after i have been married 2 years. Will i be able to work with that also. And where can i find it? cant seem to get it.

TY

Your wife files I-130 to USCIS in the USA, fee is $355, if you are married more than 2 years when the visa is issued or before entry to the USA you will automaticaly receive 10 year un-conditional green-card.

No status to adjust from on a CR-1/IR-1 visa, only if married less than 2 years upon entry will you need to file to lift conditions 2 years later.

Today, when I was at the consulate they told me the fee for an I-130 was $400.00 US.

USCIS.gov shows the fee as 355. Anything else is really hearsay.

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok guys the i-130 is in the post, i have got used to the fact i wil be here for 3 to 6 months,6 months will be fine as i wil have time to save like hell and this time get a truck and not a 2 seater. So its been 2 weeks already and gone pretty fast. I will get police report done asap as that takes the longest, when i was approved last time for the k1 i then sent for the police report and it took 2 months. So the sooner the better. I did recieve an email which i will include in this post.

Thank you for your e-mail correspondence. Unfortunately, the current circumstances require that you obtain either an immigrant visa or a K-3 visa in order to re-enter the United States . The first step in this process requires that your wife needs to file the I-130 petition for an immediate relative immigrant, as well as the I-129 petition if you wish to simultaneously pursue the K-3 visa.

The K-3 visa was designed to reunite family members who are awaiting processing of an immigrant visa. Further information on the K-3 visa and application process is available on the U.S. Embassy website: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/kapply.html.

Please note that the K-3 may take approximately three to six months to process to issuance. You may shorten wait times by beginning the process of obtaining required documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, police certificates, ect. The link above gives additional information on the required documentation. The UK police certificate is valid from one year from date of issue, if the certificate you obtained to present for your K-1 visa is near expiration you are advised to apply for a new police report as soon as possible.

We understand and sympathize that this is a personally stressfull time, and regret that we could not be more positive in our response. Please be assured that on receipt of the approved petition from USCIS, the Embassy will endeavor to handle the visa request as expeditiously as possible.

Sincerely,

Consular Information Unit

U.S. Embassy, London

CONS/CIU/MLPM

I like the please be assured part. I will be sure to email them when they get my approval. Well its been a lesson but it will make us stronger and i will be financially pretty good. Not worked for 6 months already so looking forward to working then get another 90 days off when i get back.

Thanks to all for there help pm's and advice and if i had not found this site before i applied for the K1 i probably would still be waiting.

Brian

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Go for a CR1, should be the same time, you wont get 90 days off.

PS Nice reply from the Consulate.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Forgive me for being stupid, Lisa think Lisa sent the i-130 along with something else which was free to send i cant remember what form it was. Now that its been posted does that mean i have applied for the K-3?

I am still unsure what the CR1 is as both need the i-130 sent first?

I would love to know when i arrive i can work pretty soon.

Thanks

Oh and can i go back for 90 days if i want to?? Probably wont cos of work but never know.

Edited by Brankster

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Forgive me for being stupid, Lisa think Lisa sent the i-130 along with something else which was free to send i cant remember what form it was. Now that its been posted does that mean i have applied for the K-3?

I am still unsure what the CR1 is as both need the i-130 sent first?

You have not applied for either visa yet ... what your spouse has done is sent in a petition or petitions (I-130 and/or I-129F) that the approval of which are the pre-requisite step required before visa application....

CR1 is an immigrant visa that is issued if the marriage to the USC is less than two years old which results in a conditional 2 year greencard upon entry into the USA. If the marriage is greater than two years then an IR1 visa is issued which results in a 10 year greencard upon entry.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Ok guys the i-130 is in the post, i have got used to the fact i wil be here for 3 to 6 months,6 months will be fine as i wil have time to save like hell and this time get a truck and not a 2 seater. So its been 2 weeks already and gone pretty fast. I will get police report done asap as that takes the longest, when i was approved last time for the k1 i then sent for the police report and it took 2 months. So the sooner the better. I did recieve an email which i will include in this post.

Thank you for your e-mail correspondence. Unfortunately, the current circumstances require that you obtain either an immigrant visa or a K-3 visa in order to re-enter the United States . The first step in this process requires that your wife needs to file the I-130 petition for an immediate relative immigrant, as well as the I-129 petition if you wish to simultaneously pursue the K-3 visa.

The K-3 visa was designed to reunite family members who are awaiting processing of an immigrant visa. Further information on the K-3 visa and application process is available on the U.S. Embassy website: http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/kapply.html.

Please note that the K-3 may take approximately three to six months to process to issuance. You may shorten wait times by beginning the process of obtaining required documents such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, police certificates, ect. The link above gives additional information on the required documentation. The UK police certificate is valid from one year from date of issue, if the certificate you obtained to present for your K-1 visa is near expiration you are advised to apply for a new police report as soon as possible.

We understand and sympathize that this is a personally stressfull time, and regret that we could not be more positive in our response. Please be assured that on receipt of the approved petition from USCIS, the Embassy will endeavor to handle the visa request as expeditiously as possible.

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy, London

CONS/CIU/MLPM

I like the please be assured part. I will be sure to email them when they get my approval. Well its been a lesson but it will make us stronger and i will be financially pretty good. Not worked for 6 months already so looking forward to working then get another 90 days off when i get back.

Thanks to all for there help pm's and advice and if i had not found this site before i applied for the K1 i probably would still be waiting.

Brian

Brian, I was seriously hoping that you'd come on and prove us all wrong. :( That really sucks, but with the strength of the pound versus the dollar you could have quite a nest egg saved by the time this is all done!

Timeline

Sincerely,

U.S. Embassy, London

CONS/CIU/MLPM

Brian

Brian, I was seriously hoping that you'd come on and prove us all wrong. :( That really sucks, but with the strength of the pound versus the dollar you could have quite a nest egg saved by the time this is all done!

Well i hope so. The 5 months i spent in CA with no work cost me 20k so im excited about getting back and working there.

Edited by Brankster

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.