beng_and_carl

My wonderful medical experience at SLEC - Dec 12 and 13, 2007

43 posts in this topic

* Arrival = around 1PM at SLEC

* First Stop = the guard checked my passport, appointment letter (photocopy and original) from USE. he stamped the original and took the photocopy and stapled it to the PDS form. Gave me back the original appointment letter and i kept it. Then, he gave me the PDS form with the photocopy of my appointment letter and instructed me to fill it up inside. LESSON: be nice to Kuya Guard and thank him after. Ready and arrange the ff before you face him: Passport, Original and Photocopy of your Appointment Letter and your Smile.

Hi beng and carl.. pls make it clear to me what kind of APPOINTMENT LETTER is that, u said its from the USE? is that really an appointment letter for the medical exam? Am asking this because my husband (in US) received the Packet 4 but no medical date and no appointment letter like that for the medical. Am just really confused cuz i always in medical experience posts that the guard will ask for that appointment letter. :wacko:

Hi beng and carl.. pls make it clear to me what kind of APPOINTMENT LETTER is that, u said its from the USE? is that really an appointment letter for the medical exam? Am asking this because my husband (in US) received the Packet 4 but no medical date and no appointment letter like that for the medical. Am just really confused cuz i always in medical experience posts that the guard will ask for that appointment letter. :wacko:

I-130 PETITION

May-11-07 Mailed I-130 to CSC

Sept-14-07 I-130 APPROVED!!!!..after 100 days!

NVC Process

09-24-07 NVC rec'd case/assigned number

10-08-07 DS-3032/AOS fee bill generated

10-14-07 AOS bill payment mailed from Philippines

10-15-07 e-mailed DS-3032 to NVC

10-25-07 DS-3032 entered in the system

10-29-07 IV fee bill generated

10-31-07 AOS Fee Bill processed

11-05-07 I-864 generated

11-27-07 I-864 Received

11-26-07 I-864 Mailed to NVC

11-10-07 Received IV Fee Bill

11-13-07 Paid IV Fee Bill

11-19-07 IV Bill accepted

11-26-07 DS-230 generated

12-07-07 DS-230 Received

12-10-07 DS-230 Sent to NVC

01-04-08 NVC CASE COMPLETE

USEM

02-14-2008 INTERVIEW IN USEManila (6:30am!!!)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Arrival = around 1PM at SLEC

* First Stop = the guard checked my passport, appointment letter (photocopy and original) from USE. he stamped the original and took the photocopy and stapled it to the PDS form. Gave me back the original appointment letter and i kept it. Then, he gave me the PDS form with the photocopy of my appointment letter and instructed me to fill it up inside. LESSON: be nice to Kuya Guard and thank him after. Ready and arrange the ff before you face him: Passport, Original and Photocopy of your Appointment Letter and your Smile.

Hello Marie_9...that appointment letter is included in ur packet which states the time and date of your medical and interview. You have to present it at the guard when u're ready to have ur medical so make sure to photocopy it.

~maria

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE

May 16, 2011~ mailed N-400

May 20, 2011~ received NOA1

May 31, 2011~ Biometrics letter received sked June 1st

June 01,2011~ Biometrics appt. DONE!

June 23, 2011~ email notification scheduled for Testing and Interview

June 27, 2011~ received interview letter by mail

Aug 01, 2011~ interview at Atlanta GA, PASSED!

Aug 05, 2011~ Oath taking at 1pm

ROC TIMELINE

Nov. 30, 2009~mailed I-751 (VSC)

Dec. 03, 2009~Extension letter and NOA1 received

Jan. 04, 2010~ Biometrics at Metairie, LA

March 10, 2010~ approved!

March 13, 2010~ approval notice sent

March 15, 2010~ received approval letter and GC in mail!

Hello Marie_9...that appointment letter is included in ur packet which states the time and date of your medical and interview. You have to present it at the guard when u're ready to have ur medical so make sure to photocopy it.

~maria

I didn't get my packet yet but my husband got his already, is our package not the same? cuz he got his but no medical date and no appointment letter. I read in some post that husbands who receives packet first send a copy to their wife in the Phil. since mails here in the Phil is always delayed..

I-130 PETITION

NVC Process

11-05-07 I-864 generated

11-27-07 I-864 Received

12-07-07 DS-230 Received

USEM

I didn't get my packet yet but my husband got his already, is our package not the same? cuz he got his but no medical date and no appointment letter. I read in some post that husbands who receives packet first send a copy to their wife in the Phil. since mails here in the Phil is always delayed..

I heard either forms they will accept @ the SLEC... As long as it has an Interview date..

Heck they accept the one that you print from the USEM website.. Which has so little information..

You know what.. The forms that we got without a Medical Date is even better than the form with the Medical date..

If you come in for a early Medical at SLEC, the guard will look at your form if he sees that there is a Medical date, he can refuse your request for Early Medical.. He can tell you to follow the date that's listed on the Interview letter which is not good cause it is a week before the Interview.

If you show up there with the Interview date form without a Medical date.. I don't see a reason for refusal? Since your showing a US document with a Interview date..

I have read some VJ members getting refused for early medical.. that they had to beg the receptionist that they came from far far away province in just wanted to get the medical over with.

I don't know if I make sense.. But that's just my 2cents..

Edited by Roserick

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
If you come in for a early Medical at SLEC, the guard will look at your form if he sees that there is a Medical date, he can refuse your request for Early Medical.. He can tell you to follow the date that's listed on the Interview letter which is not good cause it is a week before the Interview.

If you show up there with the Interview date form without a Medical date.. I don't see a reason for refusal? Since your showing a US document with a Interview date..

I have read some VJ members getting refused for early medical.. that they had to beg the receptionist that they came from far far away province in just wanted to get the medical over with.

I don't know if I make sense.. But that's just my 2cents..

this is the first time to see this kind information - REFUSAL FOR EARLY MEDICAL EXAMINATION (showing a document with specified medical date)

where did you get this information, Roserick? Any specific thread you might want to post here...

As per my experience.. I did (as well as my daughter's) my medical examination earlier on the specified date in the Packet 4. I showed to the guard the enclosed letter in Packet 4 which clearly stated the dates of medical examination & interview. I NEVER had a problem on that..

Do you have any reference with this reply?

I think it will be a better help for new applicants to have their awareness in such case if you can post any specific thread that experienced refusal in advance medical examination..

Just a thought....

and oh by the way..congratulations to beng&carl..

such a good job in posting a well-detailed medical exam experience... :thumbs: :thumbs:

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

this is the first time to see this kind information - REFUSAL FOR EARLY MEDICAL EXAMINATION (showing a document with specified medical date)

where did you get this information, Roserick? Any specific thread you might want to post here...

As per my experience.. I did (as well as my daughter's) my medical examination earlier on the specified date in the Packet 4. I showed to the guard the enclosed letter in Packet 4 which clearly stated the dates of medical examination & interview. I NEVER had a problem on that..

Do you have any reference with this reply?

I think it will be a better help for new applicants to have their awareness in such case if you can post any specific thread that experienced refusal in advance medical examination..

Just a thought....

and oh by the way..congratulations to beng&carl..

such a good job in posting a well-detailed medical exam experience... :thumbs: :thumbs:

I remember seeing it somewhere here in the Philippine forum last month or so..

That a applicant got denied for a Early Medical and was told to follow the date that was listed on the Interview letter.. I was even upset when she was saying that the Guard was even sarcastic about it.. Saying that is why there is date of medical, so you can follow em..

To me.. It kind of make sense though.. What is the date for if not to be followed, might as well take it off and replace it with 2-3 weeks before interview.. Just my 2cent..

I'm not against it.. It is just a clear opinion.. My wife is going for an early Medical as well..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

Timeline
I remember seeing it somewhere here in the Philippine forum last month or so..

That a applicant got denied for a Early Medical and was told to follow the date that was listed on the Interview letter.. I was even upset when she was saying that the Guard was even sarcastic about it.. Saying that is why there is date of medical, so you can follow em..

To me.. It kind of make sense though.. What is the date for if not to be followed, might as well take it off and replace it with 2-3 weeks before interview.. Just my 2cent..

I'm not against it.. It is just a clear opinion.. My wife is going for an early Medical as well..

it will be a lot better if you can give the link of such thread..anyway, it is indeed a very strange situation - REFUSAL OF EARLY MEDICAL EXAMINATION.

before i arranged some details for my early medical examination (such as hotel accommodation) i personally called the SLEC & the lady told me that THERE'S NO PROBLEM ON HAVING MEDICAL EXAMINATION EARLIER ON THE SPECIFIED DATE..

but what you're telling is CURRENTLY HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, then I suggest that any applicant (specially whose very far from Manila)& experienced such incident (rudeness from SLEC's guard) better take note of the guard's complete name (as well as date & time of duty). Then call the SLEC administrative department & inform them about the incident..Remember, we paid for such very expensive medical examination fee & we are not entitle of rudeness treatment (unless somebody did a truly hideous thing)

Refusing somebody not to take early medical examination (which is very rampant) is not just as easy as hearing Guard's NO. It incorporates MONEY & TIME..

Now with regards to the schedule thing..you have a point there..But as how i see things...

Schedule is created to organize numerous applicants, though SLEC gives option to the applicants to take early medical examination since a lot of possible issues may arise after the tests. It’s a case to case basis on the applicants that why there’s an option.

SLEC knew that not all filipinos are consistent in medical check-up. One SLEC nurse told me, there was once a family of 4 (1 mother & 3 kids)..the oldest kid is 14 years old but still it was kid's first time to have vaccines & its thru SLEC.

Edited by alexandra8886

Dong & Dang

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

it will be a lot better if you can give the link of such thread..anyway, it is indeed a very strange situation - REFUSAL OF EARLY MEDICAL EXAMINATION.

before i arranged some details for my early medical examination (such as hotel accommodation) i personally called the SLEC & the lady told me that THERE'S NO PROBLEM ON HAVING MEDICAL EXAMINATION EARLIER ON THE SPECIFIED DATE..

but what you're telling is CURRENTLY HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, then I suggest that any applicant (specially whose very far from Manila)& experienced such incident (rudeness from SLEC's guard) better take note of the guard's complete name (as well as date & time of duty). Then call the SLEC administrative department & inform them about the incident..Remember, we paid for such very expensive medical examination fee & we are not entitle of rudeness treatment (unless somebody did a truly hideous thing)

Refusing somebody not to take early medical examination (which is very rampant) is not just as easy as hearing Guard's NO. It incorporates MONEY & TIME..

Now with regards to the schedule thing..you have a point there..But as how i see things...

Schedule is created to organize numerous applicants, though SLEC gives option to the applicants to take early medical examination since a lot of possible issues may arise after the tests. It’s a case to case basis on the applicants that why there’s an option.

SLEC knew that not all filipinos are consistent in medical check-up. One SLEC nurse told me, there was once a family of 4 (1 mother & 3 kids)..the oldest kid is 14 years old but still it was kid's first time to have vaccines & its thru SLEC.

I'm trying to find it.. :ranting:

I swear I remember that applicant.. She had to bypass the guard and ask the receptionist inside if she can do early medical... From begging and explaining to the SLEC receptionist that she came from far away.. The receptionist finally granted the medical..

It was the guard that refused for the early medical.. Also we even discussed in the thread about not calling SLEC because in some point they don't allow Early Medical..

We just replied and gave advice to just show up and don't even call.. Because if you call people there that pick up the phone just follow protocol.. Its sort of like a YES or NO answer..

The lesson here is.. Not everyone has a fairytale story @ SLEC... Good Luck!!

Edited by Roserick

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We went on an early medical too, 3 weeks prior to our interview schedule and everything went well.. Ive been here in VJ for quite a while and never seen anybody who got refused from taking early medical exam... Or heard any guard in SLEC not allowing anyone to take early medical exam... that is very strange :wacko: Could it be a replacement guard for a day and didnt know what he is doing? :lol:

Timeline
I'm trying to find it.. :ranting:

I swear I remember that applicant.. She had to bypass the guard and ask the receptionist inside if she can do early medical... From begging and explaining to the SLEC receptionist that she came from far away.. The receptionist finally granted the medical..

It was the guard that refused for the early medical.. Also we even discussed in the thread about not calling SLEC because in some point they don't allow Early Medical..

We just replied and gave advice to just show up and don't even call.. Because if you call people there that pick up the phone just follow protocol.. Its sort of like a YES or NO answer.

The lesson here is.. Not everyone has a fairytale story @ SLEC... Good Luck!!

not everyone has a fairytale story but SOMETIMES people tend to exaggerate things which is not fairly good to new applicants..

best solution for this is to CHECK AGAIN WITH SLEC..i'll try to send email to SLEC attached the details of the incident you mentioned...i'll try if i can get an immediate response from them & post it here in Regional Discussion in separate thread.

The lesson here is "NOT that everyone has a fairytale story in SLEC" ..the lesson here is APPLICANT'S AWARENESS IN THE SLEC SYSTEM..

We should not take this as normal thing as it is..such actions from SLEC staff needs serious attention. Like what ive said, some applicants need to travel from the southern part of the phils just to have medical then they will refused?!

i feel that i should be aware of this, since i included my K1 Visa journey in my blog & i'm also receiving a lot of inquiries about medical examination.

how come you reacted in such way Roserick? Did i say anything wrong? we're just clarifying things here..for the interest of those applicants who haven't had medical exam...like you..right?

this issue should be written in different thread..not here..

YOu even forgot to congratulate the thread owner :no::no:

We went on an early medical too, 3 weeks prior to our interview schedule and everything went well.. Ive been here in VJ for quite a while and never seen anybody who got refused from taking early medical exam... Or heard any guard in SLEC not allowing anyone to take early medical exam... that is very strange :wacko: Could it be a replacement guard for a day and didnt know what he is doing? :lol:

and the receptionist maybe missed the job orientation :lol::lol::lol:

Dong & Dang

02/21/2008.....touched

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

how come you reacted in such way Roserick? Did i say anything wrong? we're just clarifying things here..for the interest of those applicants who haven't had medical exam...like you..right?

I was kidding in the mood I showed :D:bonk: , My bad if you took it the wrong way.. I was just upset that I couldn't find my proof.. I myself is trying to help too.. Trying to debunk this story..

I hope your right about this Early Medical.. Like I said.. My wife is going for an early medical too..

I have congratulated the OP many times regarding her excellent advice and reviews.. Might not be in this thread, but I did..

Again.. CONGRATULATION to the OP and Thank You for sharing your views about your journey.. :thumbs:

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Timeline
I was kidding in the mood I showed :D:bonk: , My bad if you took it the wrong way.. I was just upset that I couldn't find my proof.. I myself is trying to help too.. Trying to debunk this story..

I hope your right about this Early Medical.. Like I said.. My wife is going for an early medical too..

I have congratulated the OP many times regarding her excellent advice and reviews.. Might not be in this thread, but I did..

Again.. CONGRATULATION to the OP and Thank You for sharing your views about your journey.. :thumbs:

an email has already forwarded to St. Lukes Hospital.. it will be better if you have the link of the ACTUAL applicant who experienced such incident..

so in any case, i just quoted what you posted here in the forum...and hopefully we'll get response from them very soon..

so this issue will be clarify..

Dong & Dang

02/21/2008.....touched

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

an email has already forwarded to St. Lukes Hospital.. it will be better if you have the link of the ACTUAL applicant who experienced such incident..

so in any case, i just quoted what you posted here in the forum...and hopefully we'll get response from them very soon..

so this issue will be clarify..

Thank You.. :thumbs:

Looking forward for the response..

IR-1 Visa for Wife

Timeline
Thank You.. :thumbs:

Looking forward for the response..

i hope they response soon..

Dong & Dang

02/21/2008.....touched

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

ok, ok, well enough of those exchanging offensive words, the lesson here is that we must learn how to reply without offending other people.. and stay inline with the question being asked.. I felt there are people here who always want to argue and that's not good.. we're here for information and nothing else. My main concern for refreshing this topic is to know if there's really a separate appointment letter for the medical and for the interview but so much arguing have been going on and yet my question is not answered CLEARLY, thanks for spending time anyway! :unsure:

I-130 PETITION

NVC Process

11-05-07 I-864 generated

11-27-07 I-864 Received

12-07-07 DS-230 Received

USEM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.