spauldingjeffrey

russian passport for a child

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My Fiancee is a Russian citizen and she has a 3 year old little boy and they are both currently permanent residents in Canada.

My question is her son is already listed on her passport and, he has a landed immigrant card issued by Canada. we have just received our packet 3 from montreal it states that he should have his own passport? If he is listed on her passport, and has his landed immigrant card will it be sufficient for Montreal?

or do we have to try to go through Russia to get him a passport :unsure:

Edited by spauldingjeffrey

Filed: Timeline
My Fiancee is a Russian citizen and she has a 3 year old little boy and they are both currently permanent residents in Canada.

My question is her son is already listed on her passport and, he has a landed immigrant card issued by Canada. we have just received our packet 3 from montreal it states that he should have his own passport? If he is listed on her passport, and has his landed immigrant card will it be sufficient for Montreal?

or do we have to try to go through Russia to get him a passport

:unsure:

You should be able to get him a passport through the Russian consulate in Canada. Best to give them a call and see if you need an appointment and what documents to bring. It can't hurt to email the U.S. Consulate in Montreal too, to see if he definitely needs his own passport. But if I recall correctly from other topics, he will need his own passport.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You should be able to get him a passport through the Russian consulate in Canada. Best to give them a call and see if you need an appointment and what documents to bring. It can't hurt to email the U.S. Consulate in Montreal too, to see if he definitely needs his own passport. But if I recall correctly from other topics, he will need his own passport.

He absolutely must have his own passport. Yes, a Russian Consulate in Canada can arrange it. Time is short. Contact them tomorrow.

They will each need visas. The visas are affixed directly to passports.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

He absolutely must have his own passport. Yes, a Russian Consulate in Canada can arrange it. Time is short. Contact them tomorrow.

My fiancee went to the Russian consulate today and they told her it might be 6 months until she could get a passport for him. Does any one know how long it would take if she traveled to Russia to get the passport on her own?????? :help: :help: :help: :help:

My fiancee went to the Russian consulate today and they told her it might be 6 months until she could get a passport for him. Does any one know how long it would take if she traveled to Russia to get the passport on her own?????? :help: :help: :help: :help:

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (I believe) handles international passports. They will be open in about 4-5 hours. It would be best to give them a call to find out logistics and timeframes. Their website is http://www.mid.ru . It's in Russian, so you'll want to have her go there for contact information (unless of course you're fluent in Russian.).

Timeline

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (I believe) handles international passports. They will be open in about 4-5 hours. It would be best to give them a call to find out logistics and timeframes. Their website is http://www.mid.ru . It's in Russian, so you'll want to have her go there for contact information (unless of course you're fluent in Russian.).

She might travel back to russia to get him a passport. but now here is another million dollar question. Is it possible to have her case and interview transfered from Montreal to Moscow?? she is a citizen of russia and she is only a permanent resident of Canada. I have read in other post that her interview should take place in the country that she has citizenship. So maybe it has been a mistake by the NVC. :help::help::help::help:

She might travel back to russia to get him a passport. but now here is another million dollar question. Is it possible to have her case and interview transfered from Montreal to Moscow?? she is a citizen of russia and she is only a permanent resident of Canada. I have read in other post that her interview should take place in the country that she has citizenship. So maybe it has been a mistake by the NVC. :help::help::help::help:

The interview takes place where she has residency, not citizenship. Someone else please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe a transfer like what you're asking about can happen. Has your fiancee called МИД yet?

Timeline

The interview takes place where she has residency, not citizenship. Someone else please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe a transfer like what you're asking about can happen. Has your fiancee called МИД yet?

Just got an email response from Montreal!! They said it was ok if he is on her passport as long as her passport was valid for at least six months. :dance: So i think i better print out a copy of the email in case some one wants to protest it at the interview.

Timeline
Great news! Congrats!

I guess the answer was in front of my eyes the whole time right here at this site :whistle: right in the fact portion of the site was worried for nothing :blush:

4.4.3)...Are K2 children required to have their own passports?

A...In general, a separate passport is not required if the child is under 16. If the Consulate requires the child to have a passport, it will be listed on the OF-169 (or UK85). Many countries will permit young children to be listed on a parents passport, but at least consider getting a passport for your young child. You can avoid any problems dealing with INS upon entry, the young person can travel independently (if required), and the passport provides an identification document if you are ever separated for some reason. Besides, it will make a cool addition to the scrapbook collection when the child is an adult.

back

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This information is not correct... In this situation the K-1 & K-2 visas wil be placed in the same passport

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.