w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Father kills 16 year old Canadian girl

120 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Wow ... i wonder what religion we can blame for Robert Pickton's behaviour.. :blink:

Well, it involved pigs, so I'd say it wasn't Judaism or Islam.

Really it's quite different. There is OBVIOUSLY a religious motivation to this girl's murder.

I don't know, wasn't he targeting women he considered sinners?

:yes:

"I know I was brought into this world to be hear today to change this world of there evil ways. They even want to dis-re-guard the ten command-ments from the time that Moses in his day brought in power which still is in existence today," wrote Pickton, who is facing another 20 counts of murder which are to be dealt with at a second trial.

The letter was written Feb. 26, 2006, at the beginning of Pickton's voir dire, to California resident Thomas Loudamy who has a hobby of corresponding with prisoners and collecting their return letters.

The second letter, written Aug. 22, 2006, is also replete with biblical references and Pickton provided his own interpretation of Ephesians 5:5.

"You can be sure that no immoral, impure or greedy person will in-herit the kingdom of God .... Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible anger of God comes upon all those who disobey him," Pickton wrote.

The Sun looked up Ephesians 5:5 in The Jerusalem Bible and found a chilling interpretation, given the fact Pickton has been convicted of killing sex-trade workers: "For you can be quite certain that nobody who actually indulges in fornication or impurity or promiscuity -- which is worshiping a false god -- can inherit anything of the kingdom of God."

source

You're actually good for something. ;)

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Why is it necessary to ridicule someone for having an opinion on here? Just curious. There's so much of that on VJ.

Some opinions are ridiculous.

Oooh, back handed compliment. Here, have a "I got slapped by devilette" T-shirt, I think you'll be wearing it soon :P

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Religion has brought great things to the world, indeed.

Yeah. :(

The only person responsible for her death is her father.

and his reason? A RELIGIOUS one.

...and I could kill somebody and blame it on them wearing a Dodger's baseball cap...doesn't make the Dodger's responsible.

:lol:

Steven, re-read what you wrote. And then, re-read why he killed her.

DUH.

My point is valid. Blaming the Muslim religion for killing his daughter because she refused to wear a traditional hijab is as ludicrous as me blaming the Dodger's baseball team for why I killed a guy wearing a Dodger's baseball cap.

Not really.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Speaking of killings in the name of religion...

"I'm coming for EVERYONE soon and I WILL be armed to the @.%$ teeth and I WILL shoot to kill," the posting obtained by KUSA read. This was the same wording used by Harris, with the exception of symbols used to replace an expletive.

Murray, who lived in Englewood, Colorado, just 13 miles from the Columbine campus, titled his entry, "You Christians brought this on yourselves." It was published on a Web site for people who had left Pentecostal and fundamentalist religious groups.

The posting on the online forum -- maintained by the group Association of Former Pentecostals -- indicated it was published at 11:03 a.m. The New Life Church shooting happened at 1:10 p.m.

Another violent passage copied directly from Harris' Columbine manifesto read:

"God, I can't wait till I can kill you people. Feel no remorse, no sense of shame, I don't care if I live or die in the shoot-out. All I want to do is kill and injure as many of you ... as I can especially Christians who are to blame for most of the problems in the world."

source

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Why is it necessary to ridicule someone for having an opinion on here? Just curious. There's so much of that on VJ.

He said it so we don't have to, folks.

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline
If there were no religion, then wouldn't we find something else to blame fanatic lunacy on?

You feel we are ridiculing the man who killed his son for having an opinion? Or Steven for not having read the article carefully?

C'mon, obviously this guy killed his daughter because of a culturally accepted interpretation of a religion. Can't argue with that.

I agree with you on that.

But I am just constantly amazed that people on here get so uptight about people having a different opinion (that's not directed at anyone in particular). I read the article too, and while I agree that he killed his daughter based on a culturally accepted interpretation of a religion, I wouldn't blame all relgion for everything or claim that religion doesn't bring anything good to the world. But that's just my opinion...

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

i agree with you brother stevie..it is a cultural norm in his view which was defined in his view of his religion....

he was a chopf##k...and a youngster died at his hands...

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Wow ... i wonder what religion we can blame for Robert Pickton's behaviour.. :blink:

Really it's quite different. There is OBVIOUSLY a religious motivation to this girl's murder.

I'd say cultural more than religious; honor killings don't always follow Islam. In some areas of the ME, it would apply to Christians as well as pre-Christian/Islam tribes. It's been influenced by religion, and some may attribute their own actions to it, but it's a complicated picture.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

:yes:

"I know I was brought into this world to be hear today to change this world of there evil ways. They even want to dis-re-guard the ten command-ments from the time that Moses in his day brought in power which still is in existence today," wrote Pickton, who is facing another 20 counts of murder which are to be dealt with at a second trial.

The letter was written Feb. 26, 2006, at the beginning of Pickton's voir dire, to California resident Thomas Loudamy who has a hobby of corresponding with prisoners and collecting their return letters.

The second letter, written Aug. 22, 2006, is also replete with biblical references and Pickton provided his own interpretation of Ephesians 5:5.

"You can be sure that no immoral, impure or greedy person will in-herit the kingdom of God .... Don't be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the terrible anger of God comes upon all those who disobey him," Pickton wrote.

The Sun looked up Ephesians 5:5 in The Jerusalem Bible and found a chilling interpretation, given the fact Pickton has been convicted of killing sex-trade workers: "For you can be quite certain that nobody who actually indulges in fornication or impurity or promiscuity -- which is worshiping a false god -- can inherit anything of the kingdom of God."

source

and you're not. Next...

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

...and I could kill somebody and blame it on them wearing a Dodger's baseball cap...doesn't make the Dodger's responsible.

DUH.

My point is valid. Blaming the Muslim religion for killing his daughter because she refused to wear a traditional hijab is as ludicrous as me blaming the Dodger's baseball team for why I killed a guy wearing a Dodger's baseball cap.

Not really.

Well there's a counterpoint. :wacko:

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

He said it so we don't have to, folks.

:lol: Oh, sorry. I must have missed that information page in life that said opinions are only worthwhile and valid if everyone else agrees.

Done with USCIS until 12/28/2020!

penguinpasscanada.jpg

"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans, and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty and democracy?" ~Gandhi

DUH.

Not really.

Well there's a counterpoint. :wacko:

Steven, it's not culturally and religiously a part of your daily life to wear a Dodgers cap, is it? Didn't think so.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'd say cultural more than religious; honor killings don't always follow Islam. In some areas of the ME, it would apply to Christians as well as pre-Christian/Islam tribes. It's been influenced by religion, and some may attribute their own actions to it, but it's a complicated picture.

Indeed. I love that VJ taught me that. The history of honor killings may be the only thing I ever actually learned here. :) Still, he killed his daughter over wearing the hijab, so the shame she brought on her family was religion-related.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
i agree with you brother stevie..it is a cultural norm in his view which was defined in his view of his religion....

he was a chopf##k...and a youngster died at his hands...

Yes. To even suggest some of the responsibility lies with religion in general is just giving these murderers an excuse. I refuse to drink that kool-aid.