Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

Hello VJers!

I had my medical yesterday with Knightsbridge Doctors, 10-11 Bulstrode Place, London. The time of appointmet was 2:45pm.

I had booked my flight tickets with RyanAir, from Glasgow Prestwick Airport to London Stansted. Here's how the day went:

Woke up at 7am, got to Glasgow Central Station at 8am to catch the 8:20 train to Prestwick Airport. Arrived at Prestwick at 9:30am to catch flight to London Stansted at 10:20am

The flight arrived at London ahead of schedule at around 11:15am, took the Stansted Express to London Liverpool Street, which took about 55 minutes. Arrived at London Liverpool Street at 12:57pm, hundreds of Barcelona fans here to see the Chelsea-Barcelona Champions League (football/soccer) clash tomorrow. Go Chelsea!!! :thumbs:

I had two options from London Liverpool Street Underground: Regent's Park Underground or Great Portland Street Underground. I took the Tube to Great Portland Street as it required no changes and was the shorter route. Here are some pictures for you guys (took them from my phone, so they're not great)

Portland_St_3_small.jpg

Portland_St_2_small.jpg

So here's where I got off, Great Portland St. Underground. Knightsbridge Doctors are hardly 10-min walk from here, so no need to pay a taxi unless you are really rich, in which case buy me the ticket to USA :lol:

If you stand where I am standing (use the nice building with pillars in the background as reference point), start walking in the opposite direction, keep walking until you see Devonshire Street...turn right onto Devonshire Street (sorry didnt take pics of that). Keep walking down Devonshire Street, you should see Embassy of Turkey and Chile. Keep walking until you can go no further. You will now see Marylebone High Street and you can either turn right or left onto it...turn LEFT onto Marylebone High Street. Here's a view of if below

Marylebone_High_Street_small.jpg

Keep walking down this street until you see Marylebone Lane on your left. Enter Marylebone Lane, after less than 30 seconds of walking, u will see a small alley. Thats your destination, Bulstrode Place! (see pics below)

View_of_Bulstrode_Place_small.jpg

Bulstrode_Place_small.jpg

That little blue sign board outside is the entrance to Alliance Medical Imaging Centre, go in there and head straight to the 2nd Floor!

Entrance_to_Knightsbridge_Doctors_small.jpg

I had my little Acer n35 PDA with GPS Navigation so it wasnt too hard to find the place.

They gave me a form to fill in, then took a chest x-ray after a while. Then another nurse comes and takes me into another room to discuss vaccinations. Since I didnt have any previous records, I was given 2 jabs, one for MMR and other for Tetanus; one on each arm. The MMR really stings when it goes inside u...ouch! :(

I mentioned to the lady that I would require the DS-3025 for vaccinations and she didnt have a clue. I told her its needed in the USA for AOS process. Then she told me that they will give me a copy of vaccination record which will be sent to the embassy and showed me the form. It did look like the DS-3025, hopefully that is whats needed.

Then the docotor saw me, was a nice guy from South Africa. Asked me to read a board on the wall to check my eyesight, then looked in to my ears and throat, measure my weight and height...and took blood from my left arm...that's the third time i got stabbed :crying: but if that is what it takes to be with my sweetheart then so be it, she's worth it so I wont complain.

They said that results of X-Ray and blood sample will come in a day and they will then forward everything to the Embassy.

So that was it, all over in about 80 minutes. Thank God for another step being completed smoothly. Just one more step to go...can not wait to become husband to lovely Christine!

I love u honey!!! Thank u for pushing me to take the pictures :blush:

Good luck to all!

Jahan.

Click here for our complete timeline; from K1 all the way to citizenship.

Oh by the way, here's the day in money terms:

Return ticket from Glasgow Central to Prestwick Airport: £9.00

Return flight from Glasgow to London: £34.00

Stansted Express to London Liverpool St: £25 :angry:

London Liverpool St to Great Portland Street: £4.90

Cost of medical: £160 + £25 MMR + £35 Tetanus vaccinations = £220

Knowing I am only one step away from being with my soulmate: PRICELESS!! :dance::dance::dance:

Click here for our complete timeline; from K1 all the way to citizenship.

excellent post dude! AND you suppport Chelsea! Sweeeet

:thumbs:

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Timeline
Wow! What a wonderful post for those who still have the London medical experience ahead of them!!

Is there anyway to move this to the embassy forums and/or possibly pin it to the UK regional forum?

What a great idea....if the capt is reading plz can this be pinned

Thankyou

Janice

3dflagsdotcom_us_wa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_ukeng_2fawm.gif

OOOH Thanks for all the great info !!!! Now I don't have to worry about getting lost!!!! :thumbs::D:yes:

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Wow thanks so much for all the info. My fiance will be going for his Medical in April. I thought this post would be helpful to him so I emailed it to him.

Great job and thanks for taking the time to do this,

Oh and congrats on getting this part done and over with. :thumbs:

Baileyj

SHA ZAM!!! I-601 WAIVER APPROVED......10/13/06

11/18/06 Arrived

12/21/06 Filed for Social Security number

12/22/06 Married

01/03/2007 Social Security number arrived

01/10/07 Filed AOS

01/19/07 NOA1

02/05/07 Biometrics

2/6/07 Touch on EAD

02/07 Received RFE and returned information within 2 days

2/24/07 Transferred to California

2/26/07 Received letter (Transfer to California)

3/1/07 AOS email confirmation that case was received in California

3/2/07 AOS Touched again today but no update.

3/5/07 AOS another touch but no update.

4/5/07 EAD Touched again

4/9/07 EAD Touched.

4/10/07 EAD card ordered.

Removal of Conditions

6/8/2009 Sent I-751.

6/12/2009 Check Cashed

6/15/2009 NOA1 Received

6/25/2009 Received biometrics letter

7/13/2009 Biometrics appointment at Indianapolis Indiana

• 1 month later...

I never got round to post this on VJ.

(I posted both my medical and interview experience on www.diveintoamerica.com. Copying it to add here.)

Anyway, here goes.

My appointment was at 2:45pm. We were half an hour early so we decided to just go anyway. The Alliance Medical Imaging Centre was in a secluded spot in Bulstrode Place however the map emailed to me was accurate. It's very easy to find it from Bond Street Station.

28020615268pw.jpg

The main door was open even though there was a sign outside saying press the buzzer to enter.. etc. Just try pushing the right door and you're in.

The lady at reception was giggling with her mate. I told her that I had an appointment for a medical and she asked if its Knightsbridge Doctors I wanted, I said yes.

If your medical is coming up, just ask the main reception for Knightsbridge Doctors.

She gave me some weird directions on where to go (through the double doors, then right on the left)

We found out that she should have said 'Take the lift and go to the second floor'

The lift is on the right just before the double doors.'

Once on the second floor, a girl with an Australian/south African accent checked the schedule to confirm my appointment. She said I was a bit early, I said I know!

Anyway, she took my passport, vaccination history, photo and completed questionnaire. She also asked for the appointment letter from the Embassy. I said I didn't have it. She said it's OK as long as I'm sure the case number on the questionnaire is correct, which was the case.

I sat down in the waiting area and waited for a bit. A lady (Vaccinations nurse) called my name and then asked me if I knew if I've ever had Chicken Pox. I said yes I did. She also gave back my vaccinations booklet telling me I didn't need any vaccinations and that I was up to date. I waited a bit more.

Another chap called my name and then took me to a room for a chest x-ray.

You can see the machine below. It's a simple matter of pressing your chest against a plate near the wall and zap. All done.

28020614391oo.jpg

28020614407mb.jpg

He shook my hand(!) and then I went out and waited a bit more.

The receptionist called me and told me to complete a form. It was a medical worksheet issued by DoS. Form number was DS-3026. Very similar to the medical questionnaire sent from the Embassy. I also had to sign a form explaining the consequences of a positive HIV outcome. I signed that and handed it back in to reception. She then told me to go to the 1st floor and wait in another waiting room. She handed back the passport and also gave me my medical 'case' to give to the doctor who was going to perform the medical and blood test. The room was empty. While waiting I took a pic of the 'case' in my hand.

2802061450e6vf.jpg

You can clearly see that they have cut the photo down to UK size, even though the Embassy specifies US size for the medical. The photo was stapled to a DS-2053. This is the medical sheet that is used officially as a part of the immigrant case. It's a kind of summary, that was only partly completed.

I was eventually called in and the jolly and humorous chap confirmed the answers I gave in the questionnaire and DS-3026. He also asked if I've had any mental problems or operations etc. He asked me to sign a paper, and to sign across the photograph onto the form using a marker.

The medical was a very quick affair. He took me round behind the blinds and told me to remove my shoes, jeans and top.

He then weighed me and checked my height.

He then told me to lie down on the bed thing.

He then got a phone call telling him that they are no more blood tubes used to send off for checking. They ran out!

He came back round and checked my reflexes by knocking a hammer on my knees and checked my legs and stomach for anything 'diseasey'. He told me to pull down my pants. I did and he said almost immediately OK that's fine, so I pulled 'em back up!

He prepped a needle and then took blood filling the last container they had! There were two people in the room outside waiting that were probably delayed because of this.

Everything was done and he said there were no problems. He asked if I had any questions. I asked how long it would take to get to the Embassy and how it's transported there. He said that it takes 2 days for the blood results to come back and another day for the results to get to the embassy. He said that they are sent using a private courier.

He gave me back my medical 'case' with all the blanks filled in, to take back to reception.

He came in the lift with me to reception to sort out the 'no blood containers' dilemma. Whilst we were going back up to second floor, I asked him how many patients he has daily. He said there are two medical locations and each one gets about 15-20 a day.

Once back at reception, the receptionist was flustered and wandering around aimlessly for a bit. She then got back apologised and asked me to pay the £160 bill. I paid, she gave me a Vaccination sheet and receipt. She also said the results will be sent in 24 hours which was a little different from what doc told me!

Anyway, that's it! All done..

It took 50 mins start to finish. We had a late lunch at Wagamama behind Selfridges and then headed back.

sanc

PS. I got the passport photos done today here http://www.passportphoto.co.uk Its close to the Embassy.

Super service. We got 4 US photos for £11.90. An we were in and out of there in literally 5 minutes.

The Sanc - On a CR-1 Journey

Visiting the US during Immigration Process

Full Timeline here.

DoS - US Embassy in London

03-06-06 - immigrant visa interview - Visa Granted

-----

Dive Into America - British Expats & American Repats

Please do not direct any immigration related questions to me via PM or email.

Post in the forums where others can also benefit. Thanks :)

WOW great post, Sanc! I'm bookmarking it for my fiance when the time comes. The pictures are awesome, not to mention the link for the photo place.

I think we ought to pin this thread.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Nice !!!!

That is just BRILLIANT !!

Sent that link to my dear husband to check out !!!

Fantastic photos : )

-Rose

"I have spread my dreams under your feet

Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

-Yeats

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I agree Sanc... great post... also sending it to the hubby!!

sig1-1.gif

Crash (UK) and Cari (NYC) Two lives, two hearts joined together in friendship united forever in LOVE

July 17, 2005 - HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE - OUR WEDDING DAY!!!!!

I-130

8/8/05 - sent I-130 to Vermont

8/18/05 received NOA!!

9/9/05 I-130 APPROVED!!

2/13/06 CASE COMPLETE per NVC - got letter on 2/25/06

3/28/06 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR 5/2/06 @ 10:30 A.M.

Medical scheduled for 4/10/06 - everything went great!!

5/2/06 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED !!

5/20/06 - Crash came home to NY for good!!

2.png

I-751

3/24/08 sent in petition to VSC

3/25/08 FedEx confirmed-package received

3/28/08 check cleared bank

3/31/08 received NOA1-extension (dated 3/25/08)!!

4/7/08 received NOA2-biometrics appt (dated 4/3/08)!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on the visa!

Any clue if living in Ireland one has to use the US embassy of London or do they do stuff here as well? :blush:

USAn Suomalaisten Foorumi <-- online place for the Finnish in US

Blog

938 days to get K-3.

AOS approved on day 1304.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.