Minouchka

Financial support forms

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Minouchka said:

Thanks!  The below were my original questions. They are actually my husband, the petitioner, questions. Thanks.

Do I just need to include a copy of my 2016 return with the I-864 form? Or do I need to include copies of last three tax returns?

2 I filed late this year. Do I need a tax transcript for the years I requested AND another transcript that indicates that I filed the taxes late? Or is the fact that I filed late covered by the regular tax transcript I requested? If there is special form that I need from the IRS to indicate that I filed late, how do I go about getting one?

3 I was unable to create an account online with the social security administration. Is regular mail the only way to get the earnings statement? Or is there a way to request one over the phone? 

A complete tax return including w2 form OR a tax return transcript.  Only the latest return is required but information from three returns, PLUS evidence of current income are required.  Nobody cares if you filed late.  No Social Security Administration statement of earnings is asked for.  Not sure why that was asked about.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 10/23/2017 at 1:03 AM, pushbrk said:

A complete tax return including w2 form OR a tax return transcript.  Only the latest return is required but information from three returns, PLUS evidence of current income are required.  Nobody cares if you filed late.  No Social Security Administration statement of earnings is asked for.  Not sure why that was asked about.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It has made things much clearer to me. I appreciate it. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Minouchka said:

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It has made things much clearer to me. I appreciate it. 

You know, I thought about this later and it occurs to me that something from Social Security COULD be needed but only if receiving income from Social Security.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
On 10/21/2017 at 3:53 PM, broppy said:

You only need to include a copy of the latest return or transcript. It doesn't hurt to include all three if you have them.

NVC doesn't care that you filed late, only that you filed. Whatever's on the tax transcript is okay.

I don't believe you can get one over the phone - you can always call and ask, of course, but expect to get it by mail. You don't need the earnings statement for I-864, though - the latest tax return/transcript should be sufficient.

Please I have another question from my hubby, i really need some guidance here. Thanks in advance.

I have met the income requirements for the past two years (2015-2016), but all of my money was earned overseas so I don't have W2 forms for those years (but have the Moroccan equivalent). Now I am working in the US, but only part-time since I'm finishing my MA and won't be anywhere near the income requirements for 2017. Does that matter to the NVC? Or is proof of sufficient income based solely on my tax returns from previous years? 

I can submit pay stubs from my current employer to show proof of employment in the US for 2017, but they will reveal that I'm working part-time and do not meet the income requirements for 2017.  Is it possible to submit a note that says I'm not working full-time due to my MA classes - and will be back to full-time salary once I complete my degree? Or should I just get an employment letter from my company to show proof of employment instead? The site says the employment letter must be issued within the last three months, but my original employment letter was issued in April 2017 (i.e seven months ago) - just days after I was hired. Do I just ask my employer for another employment letter?  

Thanks

Timeline
15 hours ago, pushbrk said:

You know, I thought about this later and it occurs to me that something from Social Security COULD be needed but only if receiving income from Social Security.

I have another question from my husband and I don't really know how to navigate this form. I need your feedback on the below..I would really appreciate it your recommendation. Thanks.

I have met the income requirements for the past two years (2015-2016), but all of my money was earned overseas so I don't have W2 forms for those years (but have the Moroccan equivalent). Now I am working in the US, but only part-time since I'm finishing my MA and won't be anywhere near the income requirements for 2017. Does that matter to the NVC? Or is proof of sufficient income based solely on my tax returns from previous years? 

I can submit pay stubs from my current employer to show proof of employment in the US for 2017, but they will reveal that I'm working part-time and do not meet the income requirements for 2017.  Is it possible to submit a note that says I'm not working full-time due to my MA classes - and will be back to full-time salary once I complete my degree? Or should I just get an employment letter from my company to show proof of employment instead? The site says the employment letter must be issued within the last three months, but my original employment letter was issued in April 2017 (i.e seven months ago) - just days after I was hired. Do I just ask my employer for another employment letter?  

Thanks

Timeline
3 hours ago, Minouchka said:

I have another question from my husband and I don't really know how to navigate this form. I need your feedback on the below..I would really appreciate it your recommendation. Thanks.

Thanks

The US Citizen who has English as a first language needs to become an A-Student of the I-864 instructions.  Sounds like a joint sponsor is needed.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
4 hours ago, pushbrk said:

The US Citizen who has English as a first language needs to become an A-Student of the I-864 instructions.  Sounds like a joint sponsor is needed.  

Thanks for your feedback and wit :)

I would like to double check with you what his dad, as a co sponsor but not in the same household, should send in. Thanks.

Original completed signed and dated I-864.
Copy of passport info page as proof of citizenship.
Proof of residence/ domicile as a copy of driving license.
Taxe information for the recent year : there are 2 choices:
Tax return transcript ordered from IRS preferred by NVC, or Tax returns W2s, (1040) and any other schedules/worksheets.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.