lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:58 PM, laufine said:

Congrats to you. Finally you finished the journey!!!!!!!

Congrats alex. 

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.
- Scheduled hubby for INFO PASS dated Sept.26,2012

Sept.21,2012 - Hubby received a call from USCIS Lady doing a "PHONE INTERVIEW".
Sept.24,2012- Received Text & Email " CASE APPROVED"
Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.
Sept.28,2012- Received Noa2 Hard copy

NVC

Oct.22,2013 - NVC received file
Nov.5, 2013 - Received Case # and Invoice ID Number
Nov.6, 2013 - Received Email for AOS & FEE Bill
Nov.8, 2013 - AOS & IV payment status " IN PROCESS"
Nov.12,2013- AOS & IV payment status "PAID"
Nov.21,2013- DS-260 submitted
Dec.9,2013 - AOS & IV package sent
Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
they received our documents.
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Received official email checklist

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- NVC received FedEx document at 9:40a.m. signed by G.Peters

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Jan.21,2014- IV checklist reviewed

Jan. 29,2014- AOS checklist reviewed

Feb. 20, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE

Feb. 27, 2014 - Received Official Email..Case Complete

Feb, 28, 2014 - Received P4

April 1, 2014 - INTERVIEW DATE 9:30a.m.

THE BAHAMAS - PORT OF ENTRY

APRIL 10,2014 "HOME SWEET HOME" with hubby

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, alebrije said:

Updating with my Oath date. On the backside of the letter, it requires to answer if I have left the USA between the interview and the Oath Ceremony
(which I did), and to provide documentation to support it. Do you think a printout of the flights will be enough? Copy of the passport stamp? What 
would you guys bring?

Hi alebrije

I have a question about traveling out of US between interview and oath. My interview is scheduled for Sept 26th and I am bound to travel out of US in 1st week of Nov. Hopefully my oath takes place before the travel but if not, what all documents do we need while traveling?

I believe we need to give back our old passport and the new comes in after oath? Am I correct? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, kirat17 said:

Hi alebrije

I have a question about traveling out of US between interview and oath. My interview is scheduled for Sept 26th and I am bound to travel out of US in 1st week of Nov. Hopefully my oath takes place before the travel but if not, what all documents do we need while traveling?

I believe we need to give back our old passport and the new comes in after oath? Am I correct? 

Hello kirat.  They do not take away any documents during the interview, you can travel afterwards like you normally would, with your green card and passport (If your travel dates fall between interview and Oath).  

If your travel is right after the Oath (where I believe they take away your green card and give you a naturalization certificate) you might want to expedite your US passport to have it in time for your trip. Maybe someone else can chime in with a better option! 

Good luck with your interview!

Spoiler
AOS
Day 0 (4/29/14) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765) via Fedex
Day 2 (5/01/14) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 9 (5/08/14) Received NOAs in the mail
Day 13 (5/12/14) Received biometrics appointment for 06/03/14
Day 35 (6/03/14) Biometrics in Houston TX
Day 48 (6/16/14) Received email & text notification of an interview on 8/12/14
Day 65 (7/03/14) EAD card production
Day 77 (7/15/14) Received EAD
Day 105 (8/12/14) Interview (Approved)
Day 111 (8/18/14) GC received in the mail
ROC
Day 0 (5/16/16) I-751 package sent via USPS Certified Priority Mail (3 lb 0.5 oz)
Day 1 (5/17/16) I-751 package received at CSC lockbox
Day 9 (5/25/16) Check appears as pending transaction-Check cashed
Day 39 (6/24/16) Call USCIS to open case inquiry
Day 73 (7/28/16) Received Biometrics Letter
Day 87 (8/11/16) Biometrics Appointment
Day 205 (12/2/16) I-751 Approved
Day 211 (12/8/16) GC received in the mail
N-400
Day 0 (5/23/17) N-400 package sent via Fedex
Day 10 (6/02/17) I-797C NOA Reject Notice - Outdated version of N-400
Day 11 (6/03/17) N-400 package sent via USPS
Day 15 (06/07/17) Credit Card charged USCIS fee
Day 20 (06/12/17) NOA received 
Day 24 (06/16/17) Biometrics Appointment Letter received
Day 36 (06/28/17) Biometrics Appointment
Day 51 (07/13/17) Online Status changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
Day 58 (07/20/17) Interview Letter arrived
Day 86 (08/17/17) Interview Date - Recommended for Approval

henna

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
27 minutes ago, alebrije said:

Hello kirat.  They do not take away any documents during the interview, you can travel afterwards like you normally would, with your green card and passport (If your travel dates fall between interview and Oath).  

If your travel is right after the Oath (where I believe they take away your green card and give you a naturalization certificate) you might want to expedite your US passport to have it in time for your trip. Maybe someone else can chime in with a better option! 

Good luck with your interview!

Thank you alebrije for the reply and your wishes! appreciate the response. :) was really helpful..

6 hours ago, jabbal said:

Hi Waitinggame16, I am from chicago too n INLINE since july 3, We are both in the same boat.

Do we need to take any step just to check where our file is ?? Infopass ??

Thanks

I'm not sure. I'm assuming they would just tell us the last PD for Chicago which is last year.  I feel like we are destined to not be done until next year now. It's so disappointing because we really wanted to spend extended time with family with my FIL being terminal but we won't leave until it's done in case it screws the whole thing up. 

1 hour ago, Waitinggame16 said:

I'm not sure. I'm assuming they would just tell us the last PD for Chicago which is last year.  I feel like we are destined to not be done until next year now. It's so disappointing because we really wanted to spend extended time with family with my FIL being terminal but we won't leave until it's done in case it screws the whole thing up. 

I feel the same. The long process time has changed my plans also.

9 hours ago, alebrije said:

Updating with my Oath date. On the backside of the letter, it requires to answer if I have left the USA between the interview and the Oath Ceremony
(which I did), and to provide documentation to support it. Do you think a printout of the flights will be enough? Copy of the passport stamp? What 
would you guys bring

I think a copy of your itinerary is fine!  I'd say your passport but I'm bringing mine with me anyway to my oath, with my greencard.

3 hours ago, Waitinggame16 said:

It's so disappointing because we really wanted to spend extended time with family with my FIL being terminal but we won't leave until it's done in case it screws the whole thing up. 

How is your FIL and family doing?

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, am late posting because am so tired from this journey it took us over three hours for us to get at the ceremony and am sick with my back. It was 851 people long lines but thank the lord it's over . I wish  everyone who's waiting a speedy interview and swear in date. Thanks to everyone who helped me over these months waiting. Good luck!!!

18 hours ago, Waitinggame16 said:

Exactly, I was planning to visit my home country but now thinking to do that after N-400 approvals since didn't want to take any chances.

Thanks for you rreply n please keep us posted if anything updated or got any info from chicago filers :)

12 hours ago, Faith38 said:

Hi, am late posting because am so tired from this journey it took us over three hours for us to get at the ceremony and am sick with my back. It was 851 people long lines but thank the lord it's over . I wish  everyone who's waiting a speedy interview and swear in date. Thanks to everyone who helped me over these months waiting. Good luck!!!

Congratulations @Faith38 !!

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Lvivlion said:

My oath is tomorrow ;) I have wired feeling I'ts like I love my homeland but I love US too ;( 

I totally understand. I really wish I didn't have to give up my indian citizenship...it's hard.

But hey, it's just a paper right? We are all global citizens :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.