bfz

I-134 (new form) Question 38

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi folks,

When filling out the new I-134 (11/30/16), question 38 is about specific contributions in support of the beneficiary. On the old I-134 this was question 11. For K1 visa applicants on the old form, we were directed to check neither box, and write in "N/A K1 Visa Applicant" or something along those lines. 

For the new form, should we leave the box unchecked and put the appropriate text in part 7 (additional information), or should we now check "intend" and (again) provide the relevant text in part 7?

I'm leaning towards checking "yes," simply because it will trigger the reviewer to look for additional information, and they'll then see that this is listed as "N/A K1 Visa Applicant."

Thanks!

12 hours ago, bfz said:

I'm leaning towards checking "yes," simply because it will trigger the reviewer to look for additional information, and they'll then see that this is listed as "N/A K1 Visa Applicant."

That's exactly what I've done with the updated form :) I think it makes sense to check yes now, because leaving the options blank could make it look like the form wasn't 'completed' and checking 'no' could look bad to the reviewing officer. I think you'll be fine that way!

K-1  (134 Days)

10/24/16 I-129F Received
10/27/16 NOA 1
11/28/16 NOA 2
12/16/16 NVC Case Number

01/04/17 Case Ready!
02/16/17 Medical Appointment
03/07/17 Interview- APPROVED!

05/25/17 PO

koalafornia.gif.7dcdef8e779766ea5ce2f681e19e19fe.gif

Timeline
9 hours ago, wheresmykoala said:

That's exactly what I've done with the updated form :) I think it makes sense to check yes now, because leaving the options blank could make it look like the form wasn't 'completed' and checking 'no' could look bad to the reviewing officer. I think you'll be fine that way!

Thanks, I'm going to go with that. My interview is next week Wednesday. 

Good luck on yours!

50 minutes ago, bfz said:

Thanks, I'm going to go with that. My interview is next week Wednesday. 

Good luck on yours!

Awh good luck at you interview!! I'm sure you'll do great, and thank you!  It'll be nice to get a break from all these forms for a bit :lol:

K-1  (134 Days)

10/24/16 I-129F Received
10/27/16 NOA 1
11/28/16 NOA 2
12/16/16 NVC Case Number

01/04/17 Case Ready!
02/16/17 Medical Appointment
03/07/17 Interview- APPROVED!

05/25/17 PO

koalafornia.gif.7dcdef8e779766ea5ce2f681e19e19fe.gif

Timeline
6 hours ago, DivineDestiny said:

Did you use a "wet signature" on this form? I have read where others say that's the process however the instructions did not state that??

Yes, I printed and signed it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance and I are just looking at this question too, and wanted to double check we've got it right for our situation. I am the American citizen and I currently live in London with my fiance (the beneficiary). As my fiance and I will have to quit our jobs we are having my father co-sponsor us through the I-134.

As this I-134 is coming from my father and not me, do we need to add any context in question 38, or is it fine for my father to write "N/A K1 Visa Applicant"?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/17/2017 at 3:30 AM, bfz said:

Okay. We had the interview last week. I filled out the new I-134, and checked "yes" on question 38, then provided on Part 7 "N/A K1 VISA APPLICATION." There was no issue with the paperwork, so it was good!

Hello to all glad I found this because I have a question regarding this.  

In the first thread it says unticked the question 38 then explain n/A K1 visa but while reading over and over they say to ticked yes I intend then put n/A K1 visa.

1) My question is what will be the final answer in answering the line 38.  Please help everyone from those whose already done here.

2) And I still have question, is that okay if my fiancé just handwrite his Form i134?  

3) is every page of Form i134 should be signed and dated.

Thanks in advanced to all :)

4) it will be okay if I will do the writing on the last page since my fiancé leave it blank because he didn't know the answer there. (or should I say is that okay to re-do the whole Form 134 with my handwritten (I'm the beneficiary)  but he has his signature on page 4, because he sent me another Form with the signed incase he put wrong information. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.